• Record Label: Epic
5.1

Review this album

1. JackJ
    Mar 3, 2005
    IT's a GREAT album! Cherry Pie is a very cool song. Get Right is so catchy and |Hold You Down is so sweet! Step Into My World is HOT! I didn't like her last album but this album is FIYA!
  2. PrivateEyes
    Mar 9, 2005
    it's no secret that Lopez lacks any real talent but this is bad even for her. Lopez's biggest selling point is, again, her rump which appears to have added another zip code and two or three more area codes.
  3. KyleM
    May 1, 2005
    I actually really like this disc. I think it is a huge improvement over, "This is me, Then". I think this cd is alot of fun and has alot of funk elements. I"Whatever you wanna do", "Cherry Pie", and "Get right" are a lot of fun. "Step into my world", "I got U", "I, Love", and "He'll be back" are really cool groove tracks. I never think of Jennifer Lopez as a great singer, but rather I actually really like this disc. I think it is a huge improvement over, "This is me, Then". I think this cd is alot of fun and has alot of funk elements. I"Whatever you wanna do", "Cherry Pie", and "Get right" are a lot of fun. "Step into my world", "I got U", "I, Love", and "He'll be back" are really cool groove tracks. I never think of Jennifer Lopez as a great singer, but rather accept her music for the pure enjoyment of music in general. It's a cool disc, I recommend. Expand
  4. CosmoPrelog
    Jun 4, 2005
    I can't think of a more important album since the soundtrack to "Another 48 Hours"
  5. behnamk
    Sep 7, 2005
    this one is Great too,like the other ones,i love all of the song,Can't Believe,Get Right,Step In My World and... i love you jennifer,
  6. JohnS
    Nov 4, 2005
    This is one of the best albums ive heard all year. Mariah is popular because of her first two singles.. have u heard her album? No offence its crap. Yes ok Jennifer lopez did release hold you down which is the only track i dislike but the album as a whole is an overall 10.
  7. poldo
    Mar 10, 2005
    just because it's JLo...
  8. KatieH
    reburp.
  9. KevinC
    Mar 6, 2005
    It's her worst album!!! it's not her style... that's so fake!!
  10. erikb
    Mar 7, 2005
    This is the best she can do?? The single is TERRIBLE... that sax sample is the most annoying thing I have ever heard. And the rest of the album is either just as poorly concieved or else totally boring. Sad all the way around.
  11. heloisel
    Mar 8, 2005
    is perfect, all the musics are good...
  12. RickN
    Apr 12, 2005
    Lopez should stop making music and just get naked. Please.
  13. letyg
    Apr 14, 2005
    I think it's time for J Lo to realize that she has no business recording music. She's an excellant dancer, an average actress, and a horrible singer.
  14. ChrisA
    Apr 22, 2005
    Sadly, she attempts to actually sing on this and it just sounds horrifying. The album is already a flop and it's not a shock as to why. (Looks like Mariah's the winner this time around =)
  15. zues
    Apr 22, 2005
    She 's hot and can dance but by far the worst singer in the biz
  16. PepaS
    Jan 10, 2006
    I liked that
  17. EvanJ
    Jan 30, 2006
    Apalling. commercialised dung smothered in a whole sewerage system of incompetence from lopez and infested with un-soulful, un-friendly noises. uggggh!
  18. ChrisE
    Oct 4, 2006
    Though not a dedicated fan of Jennifer Lopez's music career, her latest offering Rebirth is one of the better of her surprising number of albums thus far (surprisingly due to her lackluster singing abilities). Lead single "Get Right" is by far the best of the tracks on record--the horn sequence is addictive and memorable. Lopez herself actually pulls off a sound that's close to Though not a dedicated fan of Jennifer Lopez's music career, her latest offering Rebirth is one of the better of her surprising number of albums thus far (surprisingly due to her lackluster singing abilities). Lead single "Get Right" is by far the best of the tracks on record--the horn sequence is addictive and memorable. Lopez herself actually pulls off a sound that's close to being more than mediocre but that's got a LOT to do with how good the song is. "Cherry Pie" stands out as one of Rebirth's best, in addition to "Ryde or Die," "He'll Be" and "Can't Believe." The grooves are stellar and the faux-Hip Hop R&B sounds make for a pretty good listen. Sure, Lopez is far from being an actual respected singer--but at least this album puts her much, much closer to being a credible performer. Expand
  19. DerekJ
    Apr 7, 2006
    This is an appallingly bad album. Why do record labels continue to allow these talentless actors/actresses to release horrendously bad albums?
  20. DanielP
    Mar 17, 2005
    Love her or hate her, you have to admit that this is one of her best albums till date..As she continues to make records, she puts much more work and effort in it, and even starts to go beyonde her normal vocal range (altough she is no Beyonce, Christina or Alicia, she's starting to use her nice but limited vocal range in better ways).. The first single is really nice, as well as Love her or hate her, you have to admit that this is one of her best albums till date..As she continues to make records, she puts much more work and effort in it, and even starts to go beyonde her normal vocal range (altough she is no Beyonce, Christina or Alicia, she's starting to use her nice but limited vocal range in better ways).. The first single is really nice, as well as other songs like "Step In to My World". And one thing u can't denie: she was able to sell 35 million records because she has an ear for hit singles, and by creating this "J.Lo" persona that everybody has an opion about. Maybe there are some comercial interests behind all of this J.Lo empire, but as a clever business woman she is, she's realizing that there is more to being a pop star than bootie shaking! I rate this album a 7 because she has been improving the quality of her music. And just a reminder: (un)fortunetly, being a good pop star doesn't necessarily implie a spetacular voice, as we have Madonna, Janet, Britney and J.Lo to prove it. Expand
  21. wallym.holla
    Mar 21, 2005
    this album sux like all the crap shes ever released, the ho is unoriginal and uncreative constantly ripping off other genuine artists concepts and ideas.
    Mar 2, 2005
    At first I thought I had food poisoning or the flu but then I realized it was this album
  23. SoftLord
    Mar 22, 2005
    Yo This shit is off the hook. I laughed , I cried , I danced! Hold You Down is my fav.
  24. TiarnanO
    Mar 27, 2005
    its an okay album, a couple of catchy songs, but pther than that id rather give my granny a pussy lick than listsen tot his
  25. PamC.
    Mar 29, 2005
    This album is badly produced and sounds unoriginal. Even though it's bad, you gotta give it props since its better than her last release, This Is Me...Then.
  26. MARIAL
    Mar 31, 2005
    There are only four songs that I like on her album. I liked her other cds way better. I am not going to buy a cd just for one song.
  27. MinervaG
    Mar 31, 2005
    This is so far jennifer lopez' best album. She shows critics that she has a great voice and will do whatever she can to prove it
  28. BabarS
    Mar 3, 2005
    Rebirth is wonderful. A must have. Step Into My World, Get Right, He'll Be Back, Hold U Down, I Got U, and Cherry Pie are the real high lights. The best of J Lo. This cud very well be a Greatest Hits collection!
  29. markc
    Mar 5, 2005
    What the hell is J-Lo supposed to be? Spanish lolita? Or a whore to her rent-a-rappers. Her voice doesn't live up to either.
  30. AlanR
    Mar 6, 2005
    Purely for ignorant fans of horrible bitches with nice voices and no personality aside from lustful greed.
  31. AlbatrosD
    Apr 19, 2005
    i love this album, its not the best album from JLo but has some original songs insted of the boring preproduced tracks on the computer of a pop average composer that most of the "artist" of the new era are including on their albums "I,love" is an awesome song with this dark vibe in it same as "Step into my World" and the catchy "I got U" is perfect to drive across the city to school.
  32. beckyk
    May 12, 2005
    im sorry but her voice just doesnt sound like the usual J-l0 , this cd deff buggs me out
  33. MininaenaeBob
    Jun 11, 2005
    I don't know why everyone is saying that this c.d. is horrible. It is her best to date. My favorites are the songs produced by Rodney Jerkins ( Step Into My World, I Got U) and my other two favorites are He'll be Back (Timbaland) and (Can't Believe) This is Me. All the others are good also. The only ones that I wasn't feeling are I, Love and Still Around, on the latter I don't know why everyone is saying that this c.d. is horrible. It is her best to date. My favorites are the songs produced by Rodney Jerkins ( Step Into My World, I Got U) and my other two favorites are He'll be Back (Timbaland) and (Can't Believe) This is Me. All the others are good also. The only ones that I wasn't feeling are I, Love and Still Around, on the latter one she sounded pitchy. But besides those two it is an awesome c.d. Expand
  34. OJayMartinez
    Sep 13, 2005
    This album is so great!! The R&B, Hip-Hop, Dance, and Ballads are each respective in their own ways. She reminds of a younger Diana Ross!! This is definitely her best album yet!! For those J-Lo haters, I only recommend one thing: actually listen to the album before you criticize - just because it is J-Lo and most of the world is Hatin' on her doesn't mean you should too. Have This album is so great!! The R&B, Hip-Hop, Dance, and Ballads are each respective in their own ways. She reminds of a younger Diana Ross!! This is definitely her best album yet!! For those J-Lo haters, I only recommend one thing: actually listen to the album before you criticize - just because it is J-Lo and most of the world is Hatin' on her doesn't mean you should too. Have your own opinions based on your own experiences!! And one other thing - yes Mariah is beating her in record sales but remember she was a diva before J-Lo was even discovered - that's why people adore her!! Plus if you see Mariah's new video "shake it off" - she is copying J-Lo's "love don't cost a thing"!! She drives a car in the middle of palm trees, she dances in a skimpy outfit, and strips when she enters the ocean!! If Mariah is the best - why is she copying the "OH! SO! Awful" J-Lo!?! Collapse
  35. SeanC
    Jan 14, 2006
    Her worst album yet. Much of the album is extremely annoying, especially "Get Right". Don't waste your time on this crap fest!!!
  36. PierredeVilliers
    Mar 23, 2005
    Excellent album:- great catchy tunes with good beats and hypes. Bit of everything - pop, funk, R&B, dance. Well done J.Lo - fantastic album!!
  37. Costa
    Mar 24, 2005
    i think this album iz wild!! step into my world, get right, whateva u want, cherry pie and a whole lot more songs are absolutely fantasic on this album!! Well done Jennifer!!!
  38. SeanW
    Mar 25, 2005
    Worst Singer out today. One of the worst actresses. Haven't smelled the perfume but I can only guess...
  39. soda
    Apr 21, 2005
    horrible album. i wish i could return the damn thing.
  40. AnneW
    Apr 28, 2005
    There is no substance to this CD. That, however, is not surprising with J Lo. The problem is that it is also not interesting or entertaining. It feels flat and forced.

1. Oddly, the production in most songs allows lots of open sonic space that reinforces the wispiness of her voice, which rarely ventures out of a mid-range comfort zone. Beyoncé she ain't, much less Alicia. [27 Feb 2005]
  2. It says a lot about an album when the best song, "Get Right," is actually a leftover from Usher's Confessions.
  3. The album's drawback lies not with the producers or the material, but with Lopez herself.