Reincarnated - Snoop Lion
4.5

Review this album

1. Apr 23, 2013
    A whole new snoop, singing rather than rapping, reggae sounds instead of hip hop beats, and yet the masterclass artist has pulled it off magnificently.
  2. Jun 29, 2013
    Strictly speaking this album is not only a reincarnation but also an evolution and revelation on Snoop Lion's infinite talent. La La La...Snoop Lion laid this track down as if he was born to the roots of reggae. True roots reggae fans and true Snoop fans will love this album becasue it shows a more enlighend side to a truly talented artist. I was mostly impressed by the conscious lyrics of the songs portrayed such as "no guns allowed" When I heard this album I ran out and bought 10 copies to send to my friends that i know would appreciate this side of Snoop and It met all their expectations on more. I grew up listening to snoop and while this album is vastly different than anything he has ever done it does show that artists like snoop are not afraid of wanting more, showing more, willing to evolve and embrace various aspects of their talents. True, this album will take the regular fans by surprise but if given a chance to open up the minds it will take you to new places in the recesses of the mind and the aim of the artist. Big up! Reincarnated. The lion has returned and the light is truly shining! Expand

1. Nov 7, 2013
    The onetime rapper's new foray into Lionism deviates so far from the norm that its proprietor's been edged out, melded into a nonconfrontational reggae singer whose drops can't muster a single memorable moment.
  2. Jun 18, 2013
    Reincarnated is not the usual Dogg's dinner, nor is it a roaring revelation. [Jul 2013, p.85]
  3. May 24, 2013
    As it stands, the album has some decent songs but doesn't hold together as an album.