Results May Vary - Limp Bizkit
4.0

Review this album

1. DME
    Jun 12, 2012
    Some good tracks: Build A Bridge, Behind Blue Eyes, Creamer (Radio Is Dead), and Head For The Barricade. The rest of the album is either yawn-worthy or just a mess.
  2. Feb 17, 2014
    Often renowned as Limp Bizkit's worst piece of work (keeping in mind that a lot of critics denounce every piece of work done by Limp Bizkit in what is one of the worst cases of a band being subject to unfair bias due to factors that have nothing to do with the actual music at all), Results May Vary has often been seen as the album that completely derailed Limp Bizkit's position as aOften renowned as Limp Bizkit's worst piece of work (keeping in mind that a lot of critics denounce every piece of work done by Limp Bizkit in what is one of the worst cases of a band being subject to unfair bias due to factors that have nothing to do with the actual music at all), Results May Vary has often been seen as the album that completely derailed Limp Bizkit's position as a mainstream Nu-Metal band. Much of this infamy and drop in musical quality can be attributed to the temporary departure of Wes Borland for this record, whom had left the band for a short period due to personal conflict with other members of the group , and as a result saw Bizkit going out on a limb with the absence of one of its main writers and its most talented musician.

When listening to Results May Vary it becomes obvious that Bizkit's sound has been effected greatly by this change and saw a great variety of sounds being implemented with little consistency or sense of direction; following up a very familiar and Limp-style opening on Re-Entry with screeching guitars and searing vocals on what has to be Bizkit's heaviest track of all time: Eat You Alive, though this turn doesn't hold throughout the rest of the rest of the record and the only other song on the record to even come close to matching its aggression being: Head for the Barricade, which is catchy but nowhere near as memorable. Most of the other songs on the record see Bizkit take more of an alternative approach to the metal sound with songs such as Build a Bridge and Underneath the Gun packing little punch and coming across as incredibly formulaic. The album's worst is a pointless and forgettable cover of The Who's Behind Blue Eyes, one of Bizkit's worst pieces to date.

Despite this negativity however there are elements of Bizkity goodness spread throughout the record, with several enjoyable intervals such as Take it Home providing small periods of laid-back enjoyment whilst the track: Red-Light Green-Light sees a catchy and fun collaboration between Bizkit and Snoop Dogg in an amusing lyrical trade-off.

Overall the criticism levied at this album in particular can indeed be justified: it's inconsistent and fails to pack a punch in multiple aspects, thanks mainly to the lack of Bizkit's greatest feature: Wes Borland and his experimental style. Despite the fact that it indeed lives up to the title of being Bizkit's worst record there are several moments of enjoyment to be had and it deserves at least a listen or two if only to be appreciated as a reminder of the downfall of mainstream Nu-Metal.
  3. Jan 5, 2011
    Limp Bizkit always sucked, but this is just--- to bad to simply put in words. The vocals are even more terrible than on Siginificant Other or Chocolate Starfish, the lyrics are a violent, misogynystic mess, and many more reasons are available why this album sucks.
  4. Nov 6, 2012
    I could just say what I did about their last album, but I'm not going to. Wes Borland isn't even remotely present on this album and the musicianship is dreadfully dull. The lyrics are surprisingly worse than they were before due to Fred Durst and his "zanny" acts and stupidity and it doesn't help that the lyrics are irrelevant. I'll give the first two albums some kind of credit (not muchI could just say what I did about their last album, but I'm not going to. Wes Borland isn't even remotely present on this album and the musicianship is dreadfully dull. The lyrics are surprisingly worse than they were before due to Fred Durst and his "zanny" acts and stupidity and it doesn't help that the lyrics are irrelevant. I'll give the first two albums some kind of credit (not much but some), but here its just shocking. Truly a testament to how bad nu metal is and its demise. Expand
  5. Jan 17, 2013
    I can honestly say this album sucks. It's got a couple good songs, but overall it seems they didn't know what to do with their new guitar player. Durst never understood that nobody cared about how troubled his childhood/teen years were, I personally don't care as long as his lyrics give me something to think about, and lame rhymes with loads of complaints is not a good combination. TheI can honestly say this album sucks. It's got a couple good songs, but overall it seems they didn't know what to do with their new guitar player. Durst never understood that nobody cared about how troubled his childhood/teen years were, I personally don't care as long as his lyrics give me something to think about, and lame rhymes with loads of complaints is not a good combination. The music overall is not so good, they wrote a couple good riffs for this album, but the rest is just forgettable. The song they made with Snoop Dogg, instead of giving the album a stand-out track for Dogg or LB fans, it was mostly ignored by all people, because nobody likes annoying and repetitive rap-like electronic music.
    So I should give this album a 3, maybe, and my problem with this album is that I like it a lot even though I realize only idiots like me could like it, knowing it's a piece of **** But oh, well....
  6. Apr 28, 2014
    I'm a fan of Bizkit's previous album, but I have to agree that this is bad. The problem here is that this isn't really a Limp Bizkit album. The majority of it sounds like the work of a sub-par and overly emotional alternative rock band. When I listen to Limp Bizkit I am doing it in order to just rock out, not listen to Fred Durst slow things down in order to sing about his feelings.

The

The first three tracks, along with "Head for the Barricade,"carry the same loud and heavy style that I want to hear from this band, and that makes me wonder what happened with the rest of the album. It is honestly like another band did the rest of the songs, and did a crappy job at that. I'm sure there are some Limp Bizkit fans who will appreciate hearing the band display a softer side of sorts, and this different style might even attract new fans or make the haters think twice, but I know all it did was alienate me.

This is just a bad album, Limp Bizkit or otherwise. Truly I feel it deserves all of the negative attention and reviews it has got. It just isn't Limp Bizkit. Because of that I didn't enjoy the vast majority of it at all. I give it a 4.5/10-Bad.

1. This is so so crap.
  2. A far more rounded proposition than 2000's water-treading Chocolate Starfish. [Dec 2003, p.132]
  3. Eventually, 'Results May Vary' could become a fascinating document - a frightening insight into the vacuous state of 21st century culture.