7.9

Review this album

1. Jul 29, 2014
    This is hands-down one of the best albums I have ever heard in my entire life. Pretty much every track was just downright amazing. A fantastic album by a fantastic band, no doubt.
  2. Aug 29, 2013
    After the album Blood where they strayed away from their roots (already kinda were) they come back with Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action, and they hit the spot. They go back closer to their roots, and it works. Upbeat songs like "Love Illumination" work so well and blend in with the album so well. It brings back memories of their album "Franz Ferdinand". After four years they are back and have fixed themselves up. Hope I can see more of this, I want to see many more albums. This album clearly deserves a 10 out of 10. Expand
  3. Aug 28, 2013
    Upon first listen Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Actions will probably sound like the Franz Ferdinand that jiggered and sliced their way onto the scene in 2004 (if you can remember back that far). Of their four studio albums this one does most resemble their debut in my opinion. It has the same brash upbeat energy. There are moments when the band experiments with psychedelic synth. These tracks really stand out in contrast to the guitar heavy tracks. All in all this might be a return to roots for FF. But those roots were damn likeable so I say go for it! Expand
  4. Sep 3, 2013
    This album is so good that I still haven't decided with song is my favorite one. The first four tracks (from Right Action to Stand on the Horizon) are very danceable, and all of them should be singles. There are also more introspective ones, like Fresh Strawberries and The Universe Expanded, and the lyrics of both of them, which talk about mortality and transience, are very good.
    Maybe
    Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action is their best album since the first one. Expand
  5. Sep 20, 2013
    With this album Franz Ferdinand is still keeping their brand of catchy, dancey & uniquely charming indie rock alive after nearly a decade. Most of the best traits of this album can be found in its 2 current singles, “Love Illumination" and the semi-title track “Right Action”, between its infectious hooks & tight precise grooves. “Right Action” was the first taste of the album people got & it immediately became among my most anticipated of the year, despite me having never heard an album of theirs in full. It seems like every Franz Ferdinand album has that one instant classic track with a great simple riff, easily likeable lyrics & anthemic chorus that becomes a hit to some extent, and here that song is “Love Illumination”. It's that song that when the band is playing shows 20 years from now, most of the crowd will sing along with every word of in the chorus. The deep cuts are worth noting too, like the breakneck garage rock of “Bullet”, the philosophical psych-pop of “Fresh Strawberries”, the goofy but fun lyrics in the surf-rock inspired “Treason! Animals.”, and “Stand on the Horizon”, which sounds like if Bloc Party went to a disco during the A Weekend in the City sessions. The last 3 tracks in particular are among the more experimental of the bunch, going for something a bit more subtle, creepy & emotional without losing much of the engagement of the first half. The hooks aren't exactly as immediate but the cool mood they set more than makes up for that, and helps keep the album from coming off one-dimensional. Still, that's not to say this disrupts the track flow, because they manage to transition from one feeling to another in the track order expertly. I really can't think of a single thing to say against this album. It's well-written, impeccable instrumentally, packed to the brim with catchy melodies & not one track is a throwaway, even if the last half doesn't bash you over the head with earworm hooks quite as much. I suppose there's nothing extremely awesome about the lyrics, but they sound great with the music & have some sense of cohesion, and in that respect I think they succeed. I'm gonna have to make sure to listen to their other albums at some point, cause this is a really great full-length first impression.

Top 5 tracks: Love Illumination, Right Action, The Universe Expanded, Evil Eye, Treason! Animals.
    Score: 90/100
  6. Feb 25, 2014
    I am a big fan of their debut album that was released back in 2004. For some strange reason, i didn't listen to the second and third albums. Perhaps because it was said by many that they were departures from their original style.

This album, however, can be considered a return to form. It has the same style, coupled by experimentation in some tracks. The result is a very amazing album,
    and one of the best to be released in 2013. Expand
  7. Aug 27, 2013
    outstanding music...............................reminds me a little of talking heads in 80s great work of the Scottish boys................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................................................
  8. Nov 24, 2013
    It's been waaay too long since FF put out new music! I have to say this is a smashing success! Enjoy the rollicking tunes and catchy lyrics. Heavy play in the rotation!!!
  9. Nov 17, 2014
    With the four year gap between Franz Ferdinand's previous album "Tonight:Franz Ferdinand" and this album many believed that they would return with another album which wouldn't return to their previous highs which other bands from the same period as Franz Ferdinand have experienced, such as The Strokes, However, "Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action" is a brilliant album with many great ideas and experimentation, without going too far off the edge.
    Best Tracks: Evil Eye, Bullet
    Worst Track: Treason! Animals

1. Oct 4, 2013
    Not a song sticks. It's sheer style that carries this disc, albeit one that sounds great.
  2. Last year’s stellar Battle Born, felt considerably more vibrant than Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action ever does.
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    This fourth outing puts to bed both Tonight's frantic lonerism as well as any notion of a second night out with Alex Kapranos' equal-opportunity, Jacqueline-and-Michael seducer. [No. 102, p.56]