Rules Of Travel

7.7

Review this album

1. KevinA
    Apr 10, 2003
    She pours out her heart-it was also great that her dad is on the CD also. My fav.I"ll Change For You!
  2. CharlesW
    May 18, 2003
    Rosanne nails this one. Beautifully produced, poetry about practical contemporary love affairs. She worked for this one overcomming a seemingly career ending polyp on her vocal cords. Proof positive that she is the master of her own destiny and is beholding to no one for her popularity. As I dug into this CD, I forgot she was anyone's daughter.
  3. MikeH
    May 26, 2003
    I really like this CD. The songs have a way of growing on you.
  4. RobertE
    Jun 24, 2003
    Great songwriting. Great voice. Takes awhile to really resonate. "September When It Comes" was better as a solo song ("Transatlantic Sessions") than it is with her father.
  5. AlfonsoM
    Jan 6, 2005
    I've been a big fan of her work for a very long time now and when i heard she was finally releasing a new album I was very excited. Listening to it made me giddy with joy when I realized that is was a great record. It doesn't resonate with importance as much as Interiors or The Wheel, but its a great pop/country/folk record. She doesn't have the best voice but she makes up I've been a big fan of her work for a very long time now and when i heard she was finally releasing a new album I was very excited. Listening to it made me giddy with joy when I realized that is was a great record. It doesn't resonate with importance as much as Interiors or The Wheel, but its a great pop/country/folk record. She doesn't have the best voice but she makes up for it with her masterful delivery and her mature lyrics. My favorite songs are 44 stories, September When it Comes and Rules of Travel. Expand
  6. MelanieY
    Jan 28, 2006
    I completely disagree with Robert E.'s assessment that September When It Comes was better as a solo song. Rosanne was great on it but Johnny gave the song the heart. And Rosanne is a lot like Johnny in that she is a song STYLIST more than a singer. She makes anything she sings her own. THAT is talent.

Signals a striking reawakening for a too often overlooked talent. [May 2003, p.96]
  2. The production varies from understated to glossy, and Cash has enough presence to carry it all off.
    Continues Cash's no-fun, high-literary period. [#15, p.121]