Say Anything - Say Anything
8.6

Review this album

1. Sep 17, 2013
    A few great tracks, a few duds, a few in between. A very "meh" album in its purest form. For what it's worth, even the duds on this album are catchy as hell, though I'm not sure that's what the band was going for.
  2. Mar 15, 2012
    I like a lot of songs on this album, but there are a few sporadically placed tracks that I don't necessarily enjoy. I wish the damn Metacritic site had formatting, so I could actually list the songs that I like and what I like about em, but I'll just go do that on Amazon. Either way, an okay album. I like the previous two more, however.

1. This is an impulsive album, an odd piece of work that manages to be puzzling without alienating the listener.
  2. That's how much of of this album feels--confusing....Our advice? Stick to the disc's first half; it's where you'll find the best songs. [Nov 2009, p.114]
  3. On his third album, Bemis has crafted one of his strongest musical statements yet, outright mocking genre conventions one second before deliberately succumbing to them the next, showcasing large amounts of self-referential humor but never once stopping to point out just how clever he is and feeding into what could potentially be a Kanye-sized ego.