See You On The Other Side

Dec 26, 2005
    wack s*it
  2. Anson
    May 13, 2007
    Being a KoRn fan from way back when their first album debut, I must say since the departure of Brian "Head" Welch and since they have "mainstream" writers in their inventory of song making KoRn has been toned downed, water downed, and what pains me to say the most, they have gone against what KoRn mainly about, selling out. Although granted this new CD will gain the band new mainstream Being a KoRn fan from way back when their first album debut, I must say since the departure of Brian "Head" Welch and since they have "mainstream" writers in their inventory of song making KoRn has been toned downed, water downed, and what pains me to say the most, they have gone against what KoRn mainly about, selling out. Although granted this new CD will gain the band new mainstream fans, die hard fans like me included are disapointed, KoRn just isn't Korn anymore. Expand
  3. Jul 7, 2011
    I was very reluctant in buying this album. After I heard that Head had left to live in a Christian life i thought the instrumentals would go up **** creek without the paddle. And in ways this harped true and in others it didnt. munky did step up to a degree.
    Also when i heard that Korn enlisted production company The Matrix (pop producers responsible for acts such as Pink and Avril Lavigne) I thought they were doing a desperate for more chart topping songs.
    The result, a more pop rock album than their previous efforts with singles 'Twisted Transistor' and ' Coming Undone' Very Reminiscent of the Follow the Leader Singles.
    Its a pop metal/hard rock album that more a miss than a hit.
    But after losing a band member and enlisting the producers they did its leaves the direction and experimentation of the band in limbo.
    Not a failure of an album, but it is certainly unimpressive and uninspiring compared to previous albums.
  4. Feb 20, 2012
    A competent if rather static affair, Korn successfully re-enter the mainstream with SYOTOS, with Matrix adding a new liege of life to a dwindling fan base and harsh critics. 'Love Song', 'Seen It All' and 'Twisted Transistor' give fresh air to a stale genre, and it works enough for the band.

1. If rap-metal were ever meant to evolve, See You on the Other Side is the record that does it.
  2. Its center becomes weighed down with bland mid-tempo numbers and the final song detracts from the powerhouse close the record might have had.
  3. Billboard
    For the most part, the producers simply add audio garnishing to Korn's signature sound via loops and Pro Tools trickery. [10 Dec 2005]