Seek Magic - Memory Tapes
9.0

Review this album

1. Mar 23, 2012
    THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PSYCHEDELIC/ELECTRONIC ALBUMS I HAVE EVER HEARD. You will be hearing rainbows and seeing music in no time. They album is best listened to in its entirety (as with all great albums) but highlights include: Stop Talking, Graphics, Bicycle and Plain Material

1. After a month of digesting Seek Magic thoroughly, oscillating wildly between manic enthusiasm and a kind of defiant distrust of this whole act’s shtick, I’ve committed myself to the stance about which I felt most comfortable from the beginning: this is a very good album, but there are certain things about it with which I take issue.
  2. If you're the sort of person who can see music--even if you can't, perhaps--this is so colourful.
  3. Having greedily sucked the Tapes blog dry of every note I could find without so much as a by your leave to the chap generous enough to share his creations with a bunch of strangers, I waited for Seek Magic's release tingling like a tuning fork and hoping he wouldn't pull a Big Pink on me. He didn't. Seek Magic is probably my favourite album of the year.