9.1

Review this album

1. Sep 22, 2010
    The movie made me cry so much at the end and the lyrics and songs on the album are exceptional..."New World" is deffinitely a song i can relate to and love listening to Bjork's music...She's so original and like Lady GaGa, Has her own style and voice that no one else can touch
  2. JuanM.
    Aug 8, 2001
    This is the greatest album from Björk, all the tracks are very good
  3. AndrewF
    Aug 2, 2006
    This is by far my favourite Bjork album, and one of my fave albums of all time. It works much better once you've seen the film, and you associate the heart-wrenching tale with the lovely music. Some of the most depressing music ever made to go with a nihilistic film, but it's a bold and daring artistic statement.
  4. Kristian
    Aug 10, 2003
    I've seen the movie and you've seen nothing yet until you've listened to the album, especially the wonderful I've Seen It All, Scatterheart and A New Day
  5. jyotirmayad
    Aug 27, 2006
    if you want some cool background music to read the paper to or for napping mood ~ good ... doesn't stand well as an album that would satisfy your need to hear some thing more entertaining except for the song about walls with thom yorke of radiohead fame.
  6. JuliaA
    Nov 21, 2006
    The soundtrack that can stand on its own without being too attached to the movie. who would ever thought the sound of train on railways (I've Seen It All), a broken-alike musicbox scape (Scatterheart), even just shouting numbers of footsteps(107 Steps) would sound so amazing? the reason I don't give this album 9 or 10 would be the amount of songs (the song at the scene where The soundtrack that can stand on its own without being too attached to the movie. who would ever thought the sound of train on railways (I've Seen It All), a broken-alike musicbox scape (Scatterheart), even just shouting numbers of footsteps(107 Steps) would sound so amazing? the reason I don't give this album 9 or 10 would be the amount of songs (the song at the scene where Selma got hanged and few more songs would be nice). Expand
  7. Feb 20, 2012
    A prime example of an Artist embodying the essence of the movie and in pop music. Selma Songs is one of Bjork's best efforts, only hindered by having to engage with the film, which appears to have deduced her lyrical capacity.
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    The quintessential bridge between the large beats and emotional outbursts of Homogenic and the internal nebula of Vespertine, Björk portrays a secretive character here who fabricates an astonishing musical in her head. Backed by a full orchestra and beats drawn from samples, Björk as Selma Jezkova soars. the lyrics might be more naturalistic and straightforward than in her other work butThe quintessential bridge between the large beats and emotional outbursts of Homogenic and the internal nebula of Vespertine, Björk portrays a secretive character here who fabricates an astonishing musical in her head. Backed by a full orchestra and beats drawn from samples, Björk as Selma Jezkova soars. the lyrics might be more naturalistic and straightforward than in her other work but very much in-character. Standout tracks: "Overture", "Scatterheart", "New World" Collapse
  9. Jul 1, 2014
    It's the best soundtrack that I heard in my life!! The way how Bjork's walking behind the drama and the glory, but staying on the best time of her life while she's hurting herself. I really loved this!
  10. Oct 14, 2014
    Sounds like heaven. Overture is a flawless symphony. I've Seen it All has one of the most beautiful lyrics I have ever seen, and should have won the Oscar. New World is just... this song makes me speechless. And the other songs are just the perfect combination movie-music. It could not get better.

1. Selmasongs breaks no new ground whatsoever for the Icelandic composer, instead dwelling in more comfortable regions already mapped by Homogenic.... the record definitely has its great moments. The problem is, there are only two of them.
    Björk's airy and exalted vocals are wonderfully familiar. She may be singing as Selma, but Björk herself isn't too far beneath the surface.
  3. An excellent release, albeit a bit short.