Silent Alarm - Bloc Party
9.0

Review this album

1. Jun 1, 2012
    The run time of the album or the run time of each of the individual songs are of no concern. Whether or not you'll enjoy it is of real concern to you. Which you will, trust me. Donâ
  2. Dec 26, 2010
    The most passionate, inventive and intense indie album out there with many different colliding ideas and soaring ambitions, all packed into 13 unforgettable songs. Whenever I listen to this album, I find something new and always realise that its a new discovery. Greatly layered guitar work, passionate vocals, impressive drumming and melodic bass lines and I have to say it is always rare for any artist to have a good chemistry. Expand
  3. Dec 30, 2010
    Silent Alarm is a great debut album. The songs are really catchy and I loved each one of them. The vocals were amazing and the musicianship is great. All In All, Silent Alarm is a great album. A-
  4. Nov 7, 2011
    Cracking debut from a band who have been pushing themselves from the start. 13 tracks and not a bad one to be found. Still sounds great years later. Fantastic guitar hooks, sublime bass lines and outstanding drumming. Musically hard to find fault, however the vocals/lyrics are the only thing this band don't excel at here.
  5. Dec 18, 2011
    One of the most catchy and musically beautiful albums I've heard. Every track had me jamming to it and every listen made me want to listen again. There is nothing to hate about this album.
  6. Dec 20, 2013
    Genius, just genius. This debut album is probably the best i've heard in ages. Too many tunes that you would like to listen to over and over again, people who don't rate this album obviously don't understand music.
  7. May 13, 2014
    It's nice but a bit boring, the same music, i expect something good for the next album..................................................................................
    .........................

1. Silent Alarm is dance rock, but highly caffeinated.
    Occasional flashes of brilliance transcend the deja-vu pastiche. [Apr 2005, p.113]
  3. Removing the formulae and sensual stimuli from the Party leaves little that’s substantive or innovative. Even the most cursory of examinations would show the group to be an “it” band and not much else. However, Bloc Party’s absurdly good at being an “it” on Silent Alarm.