Since I Left You - The Avalanches
9.3

Review this album

1. Nov 11, 2012
    Just listen to Frontier Psychiatrist, Since I Left you, and Electricity. Then, try to tell me that this album deserves anything less than a perfect score.
  2. Nov 29, 2011
    Normally, I don't give out 10's but... This record reminds me of when the TV and the Radio was worth listening to. It reminds me of lying down on the couch with the sun's rays through the curtains of your house. It's a small, maybe medium place, but it's your own house, your property and you love it. This record reminds me of the only thing good about summer; the mood it puts on everything else. In short, I love this album. Expand
  3. Jun 9, 2011
    Enthralling listen, before its time. All 3500+ samples are brought together brilliantly to create a modern masterpiece. I am slightly pissed off though, that being due to the fact that their second album is set to be released 11 years after Since I Left You and one year from now!
  4. Apr 11, 2012
    Un album qui reste pionnier dans son domaine. Le mythe nous raconte que cet album contient 3500 samples d'autres disent 1000 à 1500 samples. Qu'importe, l'assemblage est impressionnant, l'écoute est l'est tout autant. Un grand album !
  5. Apr 15, 2013
    Deep, soothing and fun all tied together in a perfect album. There's just nothing like it out there. I highly recommend listening to it from start to finish for the best experience.
  6. Mar 12, 2014
    13 years, and over 100 listens later, this album deserves nothing less than a perfect score. Everything about this album is perfectly crafted to make one of the most danceable, psychedelic, electronic, symphonic, and eclectic albums of the last decade. Worth it. Worth every precious second of anyone's time.

1. A charming, witty pastiche of mashed up samples, beats, bangs, and bobs.... Truly a breakthrough in the world of dance music.
  2. When the technique works, the results are exhilarating. [9 Nov 2001, p.111]
  3. There's little doubt to Since I Left You's status as one of the most intimate and emotional dance records that isn't vocal-based.