8.8

Review this album

1. marcush
    Jan 7, 2006
    Better than the first album.
  2. TravisB
    Nov 25, 2005
    Phenomenal. A lot less rap than Deadringer. I still can't decide which album I like more. I think both are excellent in different ways. This album would have received a 10, but I really am not a fan of the last track.
  3. BrandonB
    Jul 2, 2005
    I have to completely agree that this album is amazing. So far, I have been nothing but fascinated by the ability of RJ to blend so many different sounds into something harmonic and meaningful. I'm surprised at how many reviews were dissapointing.
  4. MarkT
    Jul 17, 2004
    The more I listen to this album the more I like it. His new rock'n'roll influence has raised him to a higher level than Deadringer and is another great addition to RJD2's impressive CV. If you like DJ Shadow you'll love RJD2, so plug your headphones into Since We Last Spoke NOW!
  5. JordanG
    Jul 8, 2004
    exotic talk is gangster. very good i felt like headbanging. & thats a good thing.
  6. andrewf
    Jun 29, 2004
    this cd is so diverse and innovative probably one of the best cds ive herd in a long time.
  7. JasonT
    May 30, 2004
    I don't understand why critics have been so tough on this album. In many ways it is far superior to Deadringer. RJ traded in the heavier breakbeats of his past work for a more melodic, soulful sound. Definetely worth purchasing.

1. Since We Last Spoke finds RJD2 sounding like some blessed creature who's able to tune in every radio station in the world, past and present, and mix them together into a cohesive whole.
  2. Favours The Song over ambient abstraction and real-time playing over rejigged samples.
  3. Since We Last Spoke continually subverts expectations of what an Rjd2 album is about, yet the songs all stick together in a cohesive way, and the album still somehow bears the distinct personality stamp of the RJ we already knew, even as some of it diverges wildly from the path he's been on so far.