Sing The Sorrow

9.1

Review this album

1. CamiiH.
    Jan 26, 2010
    I absolutely adore this album! I is one of my favorite albums created by this glorious band. It is filled with the deep emotional impact of the world and the people in it. I rate this album a 10 because it is truly exquisite.
  2. TomB
    Jul 6, 2003
    This is the best punk album ever made. AFI is one of the most clever bands of this generation. This is a must buy for anyone who even remotely likes rock music!
  3. EricB
    Oct 9, 2003
    The beautiful blending of dark guitar licks and deep lyrics keep me humming the tunes and repeating the lyrics all day
  4. adamb
    Apr 4, 2003
    the best album since the last refused album it does't get much better than this
  5. CodyN
    Apr 6, 2003
    On Sing The Sorrow AFI have finally managed to take all the potential of Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes, Black Sails in the Sunset, and The Art of Drowning, and managed to mold it all together releasing all the potential in one masterpiece of an album. Sing The Sorrow is the best album of 2003 so far in my opinion.
  6. jweezy
    Apr 7, 2003
    A very good effort for their first big budget album. More intricate songwriting. However, it is a little soft in spots, Hunter's magnificent bass sylings are subdued and it simply needs another big fast song to complete it. Synesthesia should have made it on here from the B-sides. Great, yes, but not as great as Black Sails in the Sunset for pure energy.
  7. ms
    Apr 9, 2003
    This is a great album from top to bottom. AFI has matured ten-fold with Sing the Sorrow and Davey's vocals have never sounded better
  8. Frosty
    Jun 8, 2003
    i just have to say, this is an awesome cd. AFI sing the sorrow is bringing the real punk back to life. I suggest you go get it right away. i mean come on whats the worst that could happen. you lose 10-15 bucks. who cares. just think you will have one of the best cds EVER!
  9. alliwhatsittoya
    Sep 10, 2003
    It frickin' rox
  10. ChelseaR
    Sep 30, 2003
    this cd is awesome AFI ROX!!!
  11. berth
    Oct 27, 2004
    best CD ever
  12. Someonelost
    Feb 6, 2004
    this cd rocks its the best and fav song on it is silver and coldu should get the cd now !!!!!!!!!!!!!there the best
  13. SaphiraM
    Apr 3, 2007
    My favorite album of all time. AFI takes me places that I never thought possible. Davey Havok's lyrics and Jade Puget's music are nothing less then genius and legendary. The four members of AFI are all brilliant musicians and really have created music that has never been done before...this is new territory and it is exciting. Get the CD as fast as you can if you haven't My favorite album of all time. AFI takes me places that I never thought possible. Davey Havok's lyrics and Jade Puget's music are nothing less then genius and legendary. The four members of AFI are all brilliant musicians and really have created music that has never been done before...this is new territory and it is exciting. Get the CD as fast as you can if you haven't done so already. Expand
  14. krystals
    Oct 10, 2003
    This cd deserves worship from all people, especially AFI fans!!! It is so awesome, so very effing awesome!!! I love it.
  15. RebeccaS
    Oct 5, 2003
    This CD kicks butt, for real, it's pretty awesome good job guys!!
  16. mandiek
    Oct 8, 2003
    how can you not love this cd. if you weren't in love with davey before you have to be now. this cd is the best ever
  17. AshleyA
    Oct 9, 2003
    I love this album and every one from AFI. Ilove DAVEY HAVOK.
  18. punkrock
    Mar 20, 2003
    the lyrics are not as dark as they were. that was was why the fans gravitated toward them, but still something the fans can relate to, kick ass anthems and hopeless yet revealing lyrics
  19. DK
    Mar 26, 2003
    Excellent CD.
  20. RobertM
    Apr 10, 2003
    One of the best album's I have ever heard. It is by far AFI's best album.
  21. DanielD
    Apr 10, 2003
    So far the best review comes from Daily Lobo - http://www.dailylobo.com/news/411600.html It is everything i wanna say but can't put to words ;) Enjoy.
  22. jmike
    Apr 6, 2003
    This cd fuckin kicks ass. Go out and get it.
  23. Jean-philippelejuif
    Apr 6, 2003
    I use to listen to old cd's of afi and they wrere great, but this one is a little diferent, but so much better...
  24. afiafi
    fuckin rocks
  25. iainm
    May 16, 2003
    Their best effort yet. And they have released some crackers.
  26. GLENNDANZIG
    May 19, 2003
    This is an awsome band. They most definately entered my top ten list along with THE MISFITS, DANZIG, SOM, and RAMONES. AFI sing the sorrow is the LP that i believe will bring real punk back to life!!!!!
  27. coreyd
    Sep 11, 2003
    awsome just awsome nothing else to say
  28. Nkoti
    Sep 10, 2003
    AFI SLAMS!!! Their cd is perfect.
  29. Haley
    Sep 27, 2003
    I have loved everything that AFI has made, but this new CD shows that AFI is going to be around for a long time, it bring in some of the new elements of music but still keeps their own sound.
  30. AndreaA
    Sep 30, 2003
    I LOVE this cd I love afi. Their lyrics are so deep.... I have been listenin to this cd non stop evre since i got it, wich was when if first came out. It's something you can never get tired of!!!!! AndreA
  31. JeanF
    Feb 26, 2004
    One of the best albums of last year by far. I love A Fire Inside!!!
  32. michaelk
    Mar 7, 2004
    hey hayley g you can get the lyrics at. www.lyricsspot.com
  33. courtneya
    Apr 11, 2004
    this cd is the best dude i'm in love with davey he is such a hottie just a little advice guys keep up with the awesome songs and Davey don't cut your hair i love u guys
  34. Eichmann
    Feb 4, 2005
    Best lyrics I have Ever read
  35. Jazza
    Mar 7, 2007
    So damn good!!! Loved every second of it
  36. AbelD
    Mar 9, 2007
    This the magnum opus of AFI. The album is focused on one theme and is shown throughout the whole album. AFI's sound keeps in tune with their dark lyrics and focus, making the whole album weaved tightly together to create a musical trip for all the listeners.
  37. gk
    Jun 1, 2008
    This albumn captures all my deepest feelings in a way that is both poetic ans stark simultaneously. But it never gets too overdramatic or careless in its presentation. Despite some sharp negative criticism it is AFI's best album.
  38. DejaS
    Nov 10, 2003
    i really love this cd it is one of theirs i can keep on listening to anyway i have loved afi ever since 91 they kick A$$
  39. MichelleR
    Oct 11, 2003
    I completely agree with the person who noted that anyone who doesn't rate it a 10 should rot in sucky-music hell. [Where they play *NSYNC all day, har.] AFI is definitly my favourite band. With rather haunting and creative lyrics, AFI is the most listened-to band at my school, by listener survey. Guaranteed worth the $17 dollar price at Wal-Mart.
  40. mercyr
    Oct 6, 2003
    I give this CD a 10 ,Why? you ask if you like all thire other cd's your going to like this and if you never heard of them if i was you i would go buy this cd and tell all of your friends about it this is the cd you want.If not then you don't know what your missing.
  41. samb
    Mar 18, 2003
    this cd blasts harmonic melodies, heavy metal guitar riffs and everything in between. even though most people think they've sold out by signing with dreamworks, they're still rockin more than ever
  42. neil
    Mar 21, 2003
    not a bad listen, but doesn't reflect their past albums very well.
  43. David
    Mar 20, 2003
    This album is different than the other AFI albums. However, i didn't used to be into AFI until i heard "sing the sorrow". Its creative use of gorgeous punk rock hardness and suprisingly enough... a little bit of techno give it a uniqueness that cannot be surpassed by thier late albums. They are an extremely talented band... go and buy the cd cheap while you can.
  44. vorn
    Mar 22, 2003
    awesome
  45. floydc
    Mar 27, 2003
    This album is the best thing to come out of America ever. Havok's lyrics are inspired, and the melodies ans harmonies go hand in hand with the mastery of the guitar. Undoubtedly the best album in the world since maybe 40 Licks by the Rolling Stones.
  46. TimL
    Mar 29, 2003
    this is the best AFI cd i have heard and i love it i hope that AFI will come to Call The Office
  47. zact
    Apr 11, 2003
    First exposure to a band that I know has been around a long time. I kind of feel like all the people who got into Metallica when the Black album came out. I figured all of those people were posers, but now I guess I'm in the same boat with AFI. Looking forward to getting into their previous works, as this new album rocks. It's a little too produced in spots, though, so I'm First exposure to a band that I know has been around a long time. I kind of feel like all the people who got into Metallica when the Black album came out. I figured all of those people were posers, but now I guess I'm in the same boat with AFI. Looking forward to getting into their previous works, as this new album rocks. It's a little too produced in spots, though, so I'm anticipating their older stuff, as I've heard it's a little more raw and urgent. Expand
  48. laurinm
    Apr 1, 2003
    this is a GREAT cd i love it to death its probley one of my favorite ones...death of seasons is the best fucking song on the cd. it just cathes your attention and it maked you want to listen to it over and over again. i know death of seasons will never get old ever.
  49. HansR
    Apr 14, 2003
    they just keep on getting better.
  50. sirir
    Apr 2, 2003
    good album!!!
  51. KSchneider
    Apr 28, 2003
    This is the best CD I have got my hands on this year and I purchase between 4 and 8 per week. The lyrics are what makes this CD so good. Who ever writes for Blender needs to be fired. Almost a Tool meets Punk feel in this album.
  52. AubreyS
    Apr 3, 2003
    One of the best albums I have heard. The lyrics are completely unique and they show the deeper side of Havok's existence. We all knew it was there but this album just expresses and identifies what is truly inside. The melodies compliment the darkness of the lyrics and it all forms together to be one truly amazing album. I love it!
  53. PatK
    Apr 7, 2003
    OMFG, I creamed my pants
  54. jessr
    Apr 8, 2003
    This album is great to express your anger, and great for moshing
  55. Chelsey
    Apr 8, 2003
    This album, although it may not be their best one, is awesome.
  56. MarkL
    Apr 9, 2003
    Awesome, just what a goth-punk-metal-rock record should be.
  57. ScottB
    May 26, 2003
    First of all, whoever doesn't have this CD rated as a 10 has horrible taste in music. With that said lets get to it, Sing the Sorrow has been out for a full two months now, and I can't get enough of this CD. I've been a huge AFI for as long as I can remember, I was 8 when I bought my first AFI album. 8 years later and and four CDs later, I'm still in love with this First of all, whoever doesn't have this CD rated as a 10 has horrible taste in music. With that said lets get to it, Sing the Sorrow has been out for a full two months now, and I can't get enough of this CD. I've been a huge AFI for as long as I can remember, I was 8 when I bought my first AFI album. 8 years later and and four CDs later, I'm still in love with this band. Now I'm not gonna lie this CD is very mellow compared to anything AFI has done before, and in a way that kinda dissapointed me but in a way it was also very nice to be able to see the band make a smooth transition from hardcore punk to a more laid back almost poppish band. This CD is verymuch made for the mainstream scence out there, which sucks, but what can you do. Every song on this CD is awesome and each has its on unique sound. So even if you haven't heard of these guys or aren't even into these genre I Still sugest u go buy it, believe me you won't regret it, and 10 dollars isn't gonna kill ya Expand
  58. nickw
    May 4, 2003
    I thick this is one of AFI's best cds. Some peaple look down on this cd because its one of their softer cds. And I really like it. The band tried some thing diffrent and thats why i like it so muck. THIS CD ROCKS!!!!!
  59. MitchellD
    Jun 12, 2003
    Most of the songs are good except some but overall this cd is the best i've heard from AFI!!!!
  60. meme
    Jun 5, 2003
    this album is awesome!!! i love all of the songs!!
  61. nooneimportatnt
    Jul 11, 2003
    it is a awsome cd
  62. codyp
    Jul 23, 2003
    they are just such a great band.and how I started to like them was becous my cousin was listining to you guys in the car and I just loved the cd and I saw a concert of you guys and it was probly the best time of my life
  63. DulcieH
    Jul 4, 2003
    Love the cd. it is softer then their others but still very good. i think everyone should buy this cd.
  64. Hayley
    Aug 21, 2003
    Sing the Sorrow's music is their best yet. It has a definate twisted effect that makes it worth listening to!
  65. SamanthaK
    Aug 24, 2003
    this is one of the best cds i have listen to in a long time. I LOVE IT!!!
  66. RobertH
    Aug 28, 2003
    If u didn't love this cd the first time u listened to it then somethings wrong with u
  67. garrette
    Sep 12, 2003
    i would give it more but theres only 10 i love it i can relate to davy havok i really can afi rocks!!!!!!!!!!
  68. RickL
    Sep 14, 2003
    My favorite album since A Perfect Circle debut, sing the sorrow is top notch!!
  69. BrittanyJ
    Sep 15, 2003
    i only listen to country and my boyfriend gave me the cd to listen to and i love it. it is so great i would rate this and 11 but ya no how that goes.
  70. bobmarley
    Sep 19, 2003
    A.F.I. Rox aSS
  71. TylerD
    Sep 23, 2003
    I love AFI and Sing the Sorrow is one of their greatest CD's!!!!!!!!!! I love every song on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  72. FatSam
    Sep 24, 2003
    This has to be the best CD that they have ever put out. They havent forgotten there roots of hardcore and have adapted some really awesome sounds. My favourite since Black Sails In The Sunset.
  73. kristinas
    Sep 30, 2003
    afi sing the sorrow is the best cd thes guys are great sing the sarrow is the best cd on the marrcit and i would by it any day.i love afi and im going to see them in concert. afi rocks
  74. Mike
    Sep 9, 2003
    I never heard of AFI before MTV2 played it and i didn't pay much attention until i just started humming it, and couldn't get it outta my head, Loved the album
  75. Cherisaf
    Feb 14, 2004
    AFI is worty of more than a 10!!! AFI's music brings out the best in Rock!!!!
  76. danielj
    Feb 18, 2004
    greatest Cd ever
  77. hayleyg
    Feb 27, 2004
    this is the best cd in the world but i cant find the lyrics to the songs on the internet i wish i could find them
  78. AshleyL
    Apr 12, 2004
    I love this album it is the best..i just cant find any lyrics for it :( thats ok having the cd is better ! AFI ROCKS!!!!
  79. IgorD
    Jun 22, 2004
    Found it an excellent album. Very enjoyable and unpredictable.
  80. BrianS.
    Aug 18, 2004
    I love old and new AFI about equally, but to be honest, this really isn't their best album. I enjoyed it, for the most part, but really I only found myself coming back to a few tracks. I'd recommend "The Art of Drowning" or "Answer That and Stay Fashionable" as your first CD, and for long-time fans, I'd recommend picking this up just because it's got some cool stuff on it.
  81. tylern
    Jan 9, 2005
    perfection is in sight for AFI. Sing the Sorrow is definately up to par with their past works (if not better)
  82. MattG
    Apr 6, 2005
    Great Album!!!! Can't stop playing it!
  83. toms
    May 25, 2005
    the best punk band ever
  84. GaryA
    Jun 7, 2005
    What this record shows is that this band has gotten to the point they wanted to in there careers although many have said they sold out my opinion is whats wrong with wanting to be heard after all Blink 182,the Offspring And Green Day etc all did it and i believe progression is good because it's that or fading away
  85. RyanC
    Dec 7, 2006
    Who are they? - Califorinain hardcore punk rock band. Any good? - Oh yes. There isn't a true shocker on the album, all listenable. Must hear. - Death Of Seasons is a really shouty, aggressive song, but is one of the highlights of Sing the Sorrow. My personal favourite. For fans of. -
  86. carmenf
    Dec 8, 2006
    silver and cold, the leaving song part I, dancing trough sunday and synesthesia are completly amazing. This is AFI greatest albumI
  87. AndrewF
    Mar 7, 2007
    In a word "brilliant". This Celluloid Dream and Paper Airplanes are personal favourites and were the two songs that got me hooked to AFI's music. December Underground was slightly disappointing but this album is pure genius.
  88. NikoDay
    Jan 18, 2008
    Hands down, the best album ever made. Its epic, grandeous, deep, and has everything an album needs. A heroic opener, fast upbeat songs, just enough/not overdone screaming, slow sad songs, punk songs, and every kind of song you need on an album. Davey's lyrics are amazing, with words ive never even heard heard of in every song, and his vocals hit places that make you want to melt. Hands down, the best album ever made. Its epic, grandeous, deep, and has everything an album needs. A heroic opener, fast upbeat songs, just enough/not overdone screaming, slow sad songs, punk songs, and every kind of song you need on an album. Davey's lyrics are amazing, with words ive never even heard heard of in every song, and his vocals hit places that make you want to melt. Hands down, the guy is a genius. Jade's guitar is flat out incredible, and it blends extremely well with Hunter's intricate basslines. I could go on and on and on but honestly, this is the most amazing album i have ever listened to and for all those old school AFI fans that hate musical maturity and progression, let go- grow up. 11/10 if i could. Expand
  89. UnknownPerson
    Jun 22, 2008
    An album full of songs that will leve you wanting for more. The lyrics of these songs are dark and mysterious. Davey H's voice is AWES0ME.
  90. JamesS
    Apr 27, 2009
    An intricate album that manages to captivate even the unknown listner through its use of dark and melodic tones that propel the sound exerted from Hunter's, Adam's and Jade's instruments. In terms of Havok's vocal ability, this is definitely his magnum opus in regard to him exerting power. 10/10 in every regard.
  91. Emilio
    Dec 16, 2003
    i just got into rock and i like this album alot.fuck what others say about A.F.I. i like their music.
  92. NatashaL
    Mar 19, 2003
    This is a great AFI cd, personally I like there older stuff better since I do have all of there cds. But this stuff is new and fresh and im still lovin AFI
  93. britneyk
    Mar 22, 2003
    i loved it just like i love all of their stuff~!!! AFI rockz
  94. JoHarder
    Mar 31, 2003
    This album is amazing. One of the best ones yet.
  95. JoeyB
    Mar 31, 2003
    This is a good album but after Days of the Pheonix, AFI can't do much better. That last record just blows everything out of the water. Sing the Sorrow is a good rock album, so if your looking for punk look somewhere else. Nick 13 (Tiger Army) does a good job on it though.
  96. GroverH
    Apr 11, 2003
    AFI-Sing The Sorrow is the best CD in store right NOW..
  97. jasonh
    fucking rips
  98. Vanessssa
    Apr 26, 2003
    This cd fuckin roks...along with every other afi album
  99. JohnP
    Apr 29, 2003
    This album is so cool you guy's should make another one, I am a major fan of AFI.I had heard the cd but I don't have it yet.The song girls not grey was the best song out of all of them.I am also starting my own band I am going to name it shattered.
  100. zackr
    May 12, 2003
    this album is unbelievably beautiful

1. Alternative Press
    Sing The Sorrow soars with the kind of melodies hit singles are made of, yet it somehow persists with AFI's esoteric darkness. [Apr 2003, p.69]
  2. Blender
    What's keeping the band from achieving a unique identity are Havok's generic whine and medoicre lyrics. [#15, p.120]
  3. A well-crafted mix of hardcore bluster, determined melody and anthemic grandness that boasts depth and texture rarely heard from the Warped Tour ilk.