Slash - Slash
8.2

Review this album

1. Aug 12, 2010
    Great album. Not revolutionary or innovative, but By the sword written by my favorite guitarists and my favorite...Musician (andrew stockdale) Is genious. Slash and fergie was a great combination along with Ozzy, the concept of the albumwas cool too.
  2. Sep 30, 2010
    Great album. Solid, and not a whole lot like this coming out lately. Also, love Mayfield Four.
  3. Mar 29, 2011
    Awesome album - every track is winner. It's great to hear Ozzy back on form with Crucify the Dead, his previous albums have been off the mark for me, but this sounds like the Ozzmosis era. Some more great tracks featuring Ian Astbury and some surprisingly good stuff featuring Fergie (I'm not a fan of the Black Eyed Peas), she's got a fantastic voice when put to good use! Slash's distinctive licks pull it all together and breathe life through it with his own unique sound.

For someone who's grown up through 90's rock, this stuff is superb. You don't really get this sound any more, and for me it's spot on. How it reviewed critically as poorly as it did, I have no idea. I guess it's not contemporary enough for today's critics, but for me this sound never gets old.

1. The result is disjointed but fun--and way more entertaining than Chinese Democracy. [Jun 2010, p.131]
    Thankfully Slash doesn't lack guts, tunes, potent solos or giant-slaying riffage. [May 2010, p. 92]
  3. Slash shoots a little too wide for its own good, but the album showcases him as the guitar hero we've always known and as the songwriter we probably haven't appreciated enough.