Songs For The Deaf - Queens of the Stone Age
9.2

Review this album

1. Aug 11, 2010
    There is a lot to like in this album, and it is by far the best work of the band. The guitar riffs are simple but cool, and the drums are just awesome. Most of the songs sound similar to your standard grunge rock, but the lyrics are self-aware and smart, making it more than simple head-banging music.
    On a side note, Mosquito Song is probably the most musically ambitious of the tracks here.
    I was pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of the different instruments used on it. Expand
  2. May 10, 2011
    One of the best albums I've heard from the 2000s. A lot of classic material here with a lot of diversity and quality musicianship. Probably the best album of this bands career along with R.
  3. Jan 15, 2011
    You like good rock, you like good music? How about a trip- how about a rolling, thundering blast of grit and rock- shot into your skull, still yeah? Then, do this album! Do it now!
  4. Sep 7, 2010
    this is queens of the stone age at there absolute best. almost every song is a revolution of modern hard rock; the key songs from their career: No one Knows, Go with the flow, Songs for the dead, the sky is falling, millionaire, are all found on this incredible album. Anyone wanting to get into QOTSA, this is the album to listen to...
  5. Feb 16, 2011
    Couldnt help but enjoy this album, with its flawless riffs and kick ass drums. The sarcastic radio parts only add to this wonderfull album that is sure to be heard still in thirty years. The guitar was put to good use in songs like 'gonna leave you' and 'go with the flow' . Another album that manages tp be commercialy successful and a rock marvel at the same time, dave ghrol really toar up his set on this one and it payed off Expand
  6. Apr 9, 2012
    this is by far Queens Of The Stone Ages best album. Each track rocks and Dave Grohl's drumming is fantastic. I recommend this album to any rocker. All In All, this album is pretty solid.
  7. Apr 22, 2012
    If God and Satan copulated to spawn a child made of music, Homme, Oliveri and Lanegan (on this album) would be the sound of its voice. A genre-defying - and career-defining - LP. A must-have for any rock fan. Find it, buy it and listen to it - again and again.
  8. j30
    Sep 4, 2011
    Rock god's of a **** era of music. Rap-metal? Really? What the hell were we thinking. QOTSA, from this point, made everything from that time look like a high school's battle of the bands competition.
  9. Mar 26, 2012
    Brusing and brilliant, this is as cool as hard-rock gets. QoTSA best record by a long way in my opinion. The brilliantly titled opener "You think I ain't worth a dollar but I feel like a millionaire" sets things off and there is no let up until the closing Mosquito Song. "No one Knows" and "Go with the Flow" have become alt rock classics but there are so many great tracks on this record. Six Shooter will practically singe your eyebrows. You feel sorry for the drums and guitars with the hammering they get on this. The drumming here is outstanding and the guitar work is close to perfect. One of those records where everything clicks for the band. Expand
  10. Nov 23, 2011
    It was hard decide weather on not I should give this album a 10 or a 9, I going to go with a nine because the last few songs arn't that good. However what is here is some of the best hard rock you can listen to with a song for the dead being my personal pick, of possibly one of the best songs EVER. Not to metion the classic QUOTSA material. Pure excellence.
  11. Apr 16, 2012
    I gave this album a 7 because it's really a classic album in the rock scene. But not the best one. Most people will know it from the songs No One Knows And Go With The Flow. It's a album you will listen for 2 times and then a few months no more. well this is of course my opinion.
  12. Apr 25, 2012
    I certainly appreciate Josh Homme and his vision for rock and roll, but as a whole, I cannot recommend this album. It starts out relatively strong, but takes a dive in the second half. Download "No One Knows" and "Go with the Flow" and leave the rest of the album alone.
  13. Jan 2, 2014
    Really good album by Queens of the Stone Age, more or less on the same level of their previous, Rated R. No One Knows and Go With The Flow are great, and there many other good songs.
  14. Jun 17, 2014
    Excellent album, one of the best I've listened to.
    The album starts with a bang, with 5 awesome tracks. It follows with the weak "Six Shooter" (IMO, of course), but then enter awesome tracks like Go With the Flow, Hangin' Tree, and one of the best tracks of the album, A Song for the Deaf.
  15. Jul 1, 2013
    A song for the deaf, that is for you.
    Hell, that is for all of us. This album just kicks all kinds of ass. Really, as far as hard rock goes, this is probably one of the best albums out there. Every song is interesting, unique, and bad ass.

Also, if you ever feel like driving down the highway in the most intense way possible, put on "You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a
    millionaire". Expand
  16. Jun 17, 2013
    There is not one weak song on this album, being QOTSA's finest effort to this day, and still a classic hard rock album that any music lover should have in their collection.

I can pick out 11 songs that are just awesome on this record. The combination of Grohl's excellent drumming and Homme's genius songwriting is a testament to the QOTSA we all know and love.
  17. Nov 15, 2013
    Anyone who says this album is bad is obviously an idiot. There is not a metal band that exists that can dish out these riffs and vocals. No One Knows has one of the greatest guitar riffs of all time. Maybe the best metal riff ever.
  18. Nov 22, 2013
    My favourite album (very, very closely followed by their Self-titled), every song is just brilliant. I would recommend this album to anyone, and have bought it for countless people. Please, if you haven't already, buy this album and all of QOTSA's discography.
  19. Feb 4, 2014
    this is rock .my favorite album. this album has its own feel. every song is important to the album. the intro of the album will stay in my head forever.
  20. Aug 5, 2014
    This is the most powerful record ever made. In Songs For The Deaf, Queens Of The Stone Age are at their best. There are just two or three songs that aren't unforgettable, but all the others are fists to your hears. An album for those interested in heavy guitars, low chords and intense strong drumming.
    This record is a **** masterpiece of contemporary music.
  21. Aug 17, 2014
    This is an amazing album. Probably one of the best of the 2000s (but in my personal opinion, White Blood Cells by the White Stripes is the best of that decade). If you like Stoner Rock, Alternative Rock or just wanna hear so good music of the new millennium, buy this album. It's on Vinyl, Cassette, CD & Digital Download. I plan to buy it on all 4.

1. 'The Sky Is Fallin' is a beast.... 'God Is In The Radio' has got just such an awesome riff, like the Lord himself hotwired to a Marshall amp.
    While cliches abound... this huge music is delivered with panache. [#9, p.154]
  3. 'Songs For The Deaf' is a triumph, a record forged with fire and sweat in the pits of Valhalla... It is the very essence of Rock.