8.5

Review this album

1. LyndsayB.
    Jul 27, 2002
    Alicia is a great artist and I respect her talent, she really has some and uses it well. By the way I absolutly love her song "Fallin"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. JoeB.
    Feb 9, 2002
    This cd is great!!!!!!!1
  3. Víctor
    Jan 6, 2004
    She is a very good talented girl, and listening her songs trasmit you all kind of feelings
  4. YeseniaC
    Feb 10, 2004
    This album is no doubt a masterpiece, full of promise. It keeps you wanting more from Miss Keys. I've listened to it a million times and can never get tired of it. Anyone who appreciates Real music will love this album. She possesses the power to make you sing, cry, smile, reminisce and relate. Alicia does what some artists fail to do, and that is to feel what she sings. Beautiful!
  5. MattyD
    Dec 22, 2004
    This is one of the best albums of our era. Alicia Keys delivers an amazing mix of R&B, Blues and Soul on one of the best debut albums of all time, one which showcases the amazing talent which we have discovered, songwriting to dream of and an ability unseen by her contemporaries. This album is the album of our generation, and it all comes from the place where it hits the most: the heart.
  6. JenniferP
    Dec 31, 2007
    An amazing debut album that manages to transform a soul, jazz, and R&B coalescence into a masterpiece of a debut album. An album that, in my opinion, may have established a pathway for similar jazzy-pop artists such as Norah Jones, is not only creative but created one of the biggest R&B stars in decades. From the first songs, which convey a more hip hop/jazz flavor, to the album's An amazing debut album that manages to transform a soul, jazz, and R&B coalescence into a masterpiece of a debut album. An album that, in my opinion, may have established a pathway for similar jazzy-pop artists such as Norah Jones, is not only creative but created one of the biggest R&B stars in decades. From the first songs, which convey a more hip hop/jazz flavor, to the album's latter songs which mix R&B with deep soul, Songs is clearly the breakout album of 2001. Expand
  7. MitchH.
    Aug 2, 2002
    I've listened to this cd about 100 times and it gets better with every listening. I love this cd and I think Alicia Keys s a great songwriter and vocalist. I would higly recomend ths cd to anyone with soul.
  8. JamalB
    May 22, 2005
    its an average cd
  9. Apr 29, 2013
    When its good, it can be occasionally captivating however the record relies heavily on its production, without which a lot of the material just saunters along without ever saying much. For me, it's a record that is overrated and forced too much of the time. That said, there are a number of tracks worth getting hold of such as "Falling" and "Girlfriend". As I've already mentioned though,When its good, it can be occasionally captivating however the record relies heavily on its production, without which a lot of the material just saunters along without ever saying much. For me, it's a record that is overrated and forced too much of the time. That said, there are a number of tracks worth getting hold of such as "Falling" and "Girlfriend". As I've already mentioned though, without the backing of major production this wouldn't be half the record. Expand
  10. FelipeR
    Jan 9, 2004
    It´s not so good, but Is´nt bad
  11. SethB.
    Apr 17, 2002
    Overhyped, totally generic fake R&B. So what she put a classical edge on some songs, and a blues edge on others (Fallin). Anyone who plays piano knows that is no great feat. Take that away, and the remakes and you have a cute girl who plays piano nothing more.

1. It sounds like she couldn't care less if anyone's listening.
  2. A distinct and oft-times brilliant debut from an artist who clearly has a fine sense of her creative talents and has struggled to make sure they are represented in the best way
    Fusing R&B, pop, jazz, blues, throwback soul--hell, you name it--Keys delivers grandstand ballads (like the single "Fallin' "), midtempo music, diary-worthy lyrics and feminist funk as if they were all as uncomplicated as scales.