7.8

Review this album

1. Jan 13, 2014
    This my 3rd favorite album of 2013 behind Modern Vampires and Settle; so I am disgusted by this critic score. I hope its just because not many have reviewed it, because this album is so much fun but also well paced through at least the first 10 songs. I'll admit it falls off near the end, but has plenty to make up for that.
  2. Oct 5, 2013
    I quite like this album. Every song has at least one part in it where I just can't help but think "Yeah, this is awesome". Every song seems original and there is no song that just seems generic. Also, with the exception of a couple of songs, they all seem like they are just as good. The album seems to have consistent quality for the most part.
  3. Mar 19, 2014
    The sophomore album from Grouplove impressed me. Growth was shown whithin the lyrics and their musical content. Their debut album found success with their catchy indie tunes. The same is found within Spreading Rumors in songs such as "Bitin' the Bullet", "Ways to Go", and "Sit Still", amonst others. I am ready to see this live from such an enregetic group in April.

1. May 27, 2014
    They managed to produce a collection of songs perfect for the summer months [in second album, Cave Rave]. The same could be said of Spreading Rumours, which is another album that could just as easily provide the soundtrack to Summer 2014.
    Luckily, no amount of squelchy beats, dubstep bass, trip-hop crackles and gabba breakdowns can suppress their effervescent sense of melody.
  3. Feb 18, 2014
    Not a lot on Spreading Rumours makes sense. It doesn't match, even in its apparent desperate attempt to sound like the bargain bin of an Urban Outfitters.