St. Anger - Metallica
5.8

Review this album

1. Oct 11, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sounds strange and so not-Metallica.James has totaly lost his voice and he doesnt sound like the old him.This is not a thrash metal.Its more nu-metal or heavy metal.If i live in 1985 and hear this album my last guess would be that this music is made by metallica.All in all this album is not bad but not what i espect from metallica 7.0 Expand
  2. Mar 22, 2011
    St. Anger is different. A concept album at its core, and barking ferocity at face value, each song is essentially a different perspective on anger and all of the emotions related to it. If any other band had written it, it would be an instant classic. However, this is Metallica, and they've been crucified for trying something different. I commend them for it. This isn't Metallica, it's something new and unique. And god damn is it catchy. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2013
    I know that some fans really dislike it, but you can feel their problems and anger from that album. They went through difficult times during recording this album and it feels like that. I simply love it, love that change, love that heaviness and love Lars snare, i usually dont like punk drums, but here its just awesome!
  4. Mar 27, 2014
    Yes, it worst Metallica album. But it still rock, maybe snare drum is bad, but i like this album, and like to take drive with this music. So **** good!
  5. Apr 11, 2014
    If could put 11, i would have put it, because this album is THE BEST THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD! If we will be able to heal aids, it wouldn't be as good as this album. it's not only the best Metallica's album, it's also THE BEST **** ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC!

This is miffed and exemplary metal. [Jul 2003, p.108]
    Against all odds, St. Anger constitutes the cutting edge of commercial yet aggressive heavy rock in 2003. [Aug 2003, p.106]
  3. The production on St. Anger is abysmal.