- Summary: The fourth full-length studio release for the Disney actress/singer is her first as a solo artist and includes contributions from The Cataracs, Desmond Child, Ester Dean, Mike Del Rio, Dreamlab, David Jost, The Monsters and the Strangerz, Rock Mafia, and Stargate.
- Record Label: Hollywood
- Genre(s): Pop, Electronic, Pop/Rock, Teen Pop, Club/Dance, Dubstep
- More Details and Credits »
Jul 22, 2013From the electro-punk opener Birthday onward, she's competent and entirely impersonal. But that's no impediment to enjoying the record, which darts efficiently from EDM to Bollywood to--Beliebers, look away now--sappiness inspired by her on-off boyfriend, Justin Bieber.
Feb 4, 2015Selena sounds so much good in this album! She sounds more mature and i love the beats (especially stars dance and b.e.a.t). The only one songSelena sounds so much good in this album! She sounds more mature and i love the beats (especially stars dance and b.e.a.t). The only one song is not good is Write Your Name, but it isn't to bad. Love it!… Expand
Apr 15, 2014Great album. She has a really good voice. She really evolved from her Disney songs. Not to mention she is beautiful, she also has a brightGreat album. She has a really good voice. She really evolved from her Disney songs. Not to mention she is beautiful, she also has a bright future ahead of her.… Expand
Jul 23, 2013It is one of the best albums of the year! With good vocals, very catchy tunes and two amazing singles released before hand Selena has reallyIt is one of the best albums of the year! With good vocals, very catchy tunes and two amazing singles released before hand Selena has really outdone herself proving that she is definitely one of the leading pop stars of 2013. The album itself is very diverse, with Like A Champion having a jamaican vibe to it, to Come And Get It with a hindi tune to the dance heavy B.E.A.T and Birthday to the more intimate Love Will Remember and Nobody Does It Like You to hopefully the albums next single Save The Day. The album has a great resemblance to a Shakira or perhaps Rihanna album and is definitely worth the wait!… Collapse
Dec 17, 2014A good album to dance and have fun. But overuse of auto tune on some music and she forgot to focus on the quality of the songs, but is good toA good album to dance and have fun. But overuse of auto tune on some music and she forgot to focus on the quality of the songs, but is good to hear.
Highlights: Birthday and Love Will Remember
Lows: Write Your Name and Stars Dance… Expand
Jul 30, 2013OK, its obvious no one here knows how to actually review and album. There either way too happy and fan obsessed or just a complete hater.OK, its obvious no one here knows how to actually review and album. There either way too happy and fan obsessed or just a complete hater. Here's an actual review.
Let me start by saying Selena has a iffy voice nowhere near Demi but nice and sweet to hear unlike Miley.
01) Birthday: An awkward song trying to be sexy while still sounding kiddy (3/5).
02) Slow Down: Danceable, but gets bland after about 15 listens (4/5).
03) Stars Dance: The title track that os both sweet yet heart shopping at the same time. A dubstep influenced song (5/5).
04) Like A Champion: Influenced by Rihanna this Caribbean definitely gets you moving and catchy with the chorus (4/5).
05) Come And Get It: Originally belonging to Rihanna, this Bollywood inspired song is both lyrically and production wise perfect (5/5).
06) Forget Forever: The first song about her relationship with Justin, the song starts off slow and breathy, the moves into a large EDM full on dance hit (5/5).
07) Save The Day: The Jennifer Lopez song that Selena got. The song is good and danceable but might have been a hit if J.Lo song it (4/5).
08) B.E.A.T.: A wannabe Dev song that ultimately feels interesting after a couple of listens. The song isn't really original but makes up with the catchy chorus (3.5/5).
09) Write Your Name: Sweet little song that ultimately ends up being the most forgettable song on the album and is completely understandable (3.2/5).
10) Undercover: The catchy dance track is sure to get your body moving and have you saying "You don't need no other lover we can keep this under cover" all day everyday (5/5).
11) Love Will Remember: Thing only ballad on the CD panned by Rock Mafia this beautiful song is amazing but this new version without the voice feels less personal then the original still amazing with the "Lo-o-oo-ooo-ove" in the chorus (5/5).
12) Nobody Does It Like You: The perfect dance track with beautiful lyrics and a surprising dubstep break down in the chorus (5/5).
13) Music Feels Better: Younger then you'd think but still a good song to listen to of bored (3.5/5).
14) I Like It That Way: The Katy Perry-ish song comes off interesting until the chorus comes in turning the song into an overproduced song (2.7/5).
15) Lover In Me: Just a bit better then the song before, but comes off bland and uninteresting but catchy at the same time (3.6/5)
16) Sad Serenade: This track is not available on the soundtrack or iTunes or Amazon but can be listened to on YouTube. Sad Serenade is a sweet danceable track that could have easily replaced 9, 13-15 (5/5).
All in all this soundtrack is all over the place from good to okay to bad, better then "Kiss & Tell" and "A Year Without Rain" but not as good as "When The Sun Goes Down". Sugared with autotune that with songs like Stars Dance and Undercover it really doesn't matter. The cover art is beautiful. But this album is little more fun then Demi Lovato's "DEMI" but not as deep. She does write about 4-6 songs. All in All 6.5 out of 10. This still so far sounds like the best pop album of the year. Should you get it? Yes if you're younger then 21 you should enjoy, but of you're older only download "Stars Dance, Come & Get It, Forget Forever, Undercover, Nobody Does It Like You, Love Will Remember, Slow Down, and Sad Serenade" if any others then just get "Save The Day, Champion, Music Feels Better, or B.E.A.T.".… Expand
Jul 25, 2013I keep hoping against hope that something valid will come out of the ever-churning child star machine, but every time it seems to be the sameI keep hoping against hope that something valid will come out of the ever-churning child star machine, but every time it seems to be the same formulaic illness, and sorry Selina you've got the fever. As with Britney and the like before her, the production is top notch, but whoever scrounged the dumpster for the song selection was playing it far too safe. Sadly this is another edition of selling a slightly talented pretty face.… Expand
Apr 23, 2015pior álbum da história do Pop teen. Esse álbum é horrivel, tinha que ter tido nota 46. Esse álbum é mais comercial que todos da selena, sempior álbum da história do Pop teen. Esse álbum é horrivel, tinha que ter tido nota 46. Esse álbum é mais comercial que todos da selena, sem contar que ela só escreve 1 linha do album e acha que escreveu muito ou teve muito trabalho, ah vá toma no cu. Sem contar que tem músicas sobre sexo, e ela tem muitos fãs (selenojos) com 10 anos. Pra mim artista BOM é aquele que toca instrumentos, canta de verdade, compõe e não faz um álbum (ou toda discografia) comercial. Ela só escreve 2 linhas e acha que é trabalho duro, imagina se ela escrevesse o álbum todo? JESUS. Não sei como ela se dá bem nas venda,s charts, etc. Esse album é bem enjoativo e só tem musicas feitas para vender.… Expand
|Doolittle 25 - Pixies|
|The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11 - Bob Dylan|
|The Velvet Underground [45th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition] - The Velvet Underground|
|To Pimp A Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar|
|Physical Graffiti [Remastered] - Led Zeppelin|
|Bloodstone & Diamonds - Machine Head|
|Black Messiah - D'Angelo|
|The Smithsonian Folkways Collection [Box Set] - Lead Belly|
|Bouquets from a Cloudy Sky: The Complete Pretty Things Collection [Box Set] - The Pretty Things|
|Carrie & Lowell - Sufjan Stevens|
|No Cities to Love - Sleater-Kinney|
|Constant Bop - Bop English|
|G Stands For Go-Betweens, Vol. 1 [Box Set] - The Go-Betweens|
|Sun Zoom Spark: 1970 to 1972 [Box Set] - Captain Beefheart|
|Apex Predator - Easy Meat - Napalm Death|
|Hand.Cannot.Erase. - Steven Wilson|
|The Fade in Time - Sam Lee|
|The Mindsweep - Enter Shikari|
|Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit - Courtney Barnett|
|Extra Painful - Yo La Tengo|