- Record Label: Hollywood
- Genre(s): Pop, Electronic, Pop/Rock, Teen Pop, Club/Dance, Dubstep
- More Details and Credits »
Jul 22, 2013From the electro-punk opener Birthday onward, she's competent and entirely impersonal. But that's no impediment to enjoying the record, which darts efficiently from EDM to Bollywood to--Beliebers, look away now--sappiness inspired by her on-off boyfriend, Justin Bieber.
Oct 17, 2013Amazing album. Catchy tunes, amazing beats and decent vocals makes Stars Dance her best album yet. She really did a good job on it, definitely worth the wait. She is the living proof that growing up doesn't mean be vulgar, or whatever. Just make good music, with more mature music and sound overall.… Expand
Jul 23, 2013It is one of the best albums of the year! With good vocals, very catchy tunes and two amazing singles released before hand Selena has really outdone herself proving that she is definitely one of the leading pop stars of 2013. The album itself is very diverse, with Like A Champion having a jamaican vibe to it, to Come And Get It with a hindi tune to the dance heavy B.E.A.T and Birthday to the more intimate Love Will Remember and Nobody Does It Like You to hopefully the albums next single Save The Day. The album has a great resemblance to a Shakira or perhaps Rihanna album and is definitely worth the wait!… Expand
Jul 27, 2013"Stars Dance," Selena Gomez's debut solo album, is clearly one of the most highly anticipated releases of 2013. It not only showcases true talent, but experiments with a variety of genres, from electronic to dub step. Gomez, who just recently turned 21 after the release of "Stars Dance," also demonstrates a new approach for the singer to the music business, as it's different from her three previous albums that she had done with her band, The Scene ("Kiss & Tell," "A Year Without Rain," and "When the Sun Goes Down").
1. "Birthday" 8/10; a great way to start off the album
2. "Slow Down" 9/10; "Slow Down" is an ultra-catchy track with an infectious hook
3. "Stars Dance" 6/10; has a nice beat, but definitely not the best song on the album
4. "Like a Champion" 3/10; catchy, but probably the worst song on the album
5. "Come & Get It" 9/10; probably one of the best songs on the album
6. "Forget Forever" 8/10; it has a nice beat and some good lyrics to go along with it
7. "Save the Day" 10/10; definitely the best song on the entire album
8. "B.E.A.T." 6.5/10; a good song, but nothing too special
9. "Write Your Name" 8/10; a song that stands out on the album and is indeed very catchy
10. "Undercover" 9/10; a song that clearly separates itself from the rest of the record
11. "Love Will Remember" 7/10; a good way to end the album… Expand
Jul 30, 2013OK, its obvious no one here knows how to actually review and album. There either way too happy and fan obsessed or just a complete hater. Here's an actual review.
Let me start by saying Selena has a iffy voice nowhere near Demi but nice and sweet to hear unlike Miley.
01) Birthday: An awkward song trying to be sexy while still sounding kiddy (3/5).
02) Slow Down: Danceable, but gets bland after about 15 listens (4/5).
03) Stars Dance: The title track that os both sweet yet heart shopping at the same time. A dubstep influenced song (5/5).
04) Like A Champion: Influenced by Rihanna this Caribbean definitely gets you moving and catchy with the chorus (4/5).
05) Come And Get It: Originally belonging to Rihanna, this Bollywood inspired song is both lyrically and production wise perfect (5/5).
06) Forget Forever: The first song about her relationship with Justin, the song starts off slow and breathy, the moves into a large EDM full on dance hit (5/5).
07) Save The Day: The Jennifer Lopez song that Selena got. The song is good and danceable but might have been a hit if J.Lo song it (4/5).
08) B.E.A.T.: A wannabe Dev song that ultimately feels interesting after a couple of listens. The song isn't really original but makes up with the catchy chorus (3.5/5).
09) Write Your Name: Sweet little song that ultimately ends up being the most forgettable song on the album and is completely understandable (3.2/5).
10) Undercover: The catchy dance track is sure to get your body moving and have you saying "You don't need no other lover we can keep this under cover" all day everyday (5/5).
11) Love Will Remember: Thing only ballad on the CD panned by Rock Mafia this beautiful song is amazing but this new version without the voice feels less personal then the original still amazing with the "Lo-o-oo-ooo-ove" in the chorus (5/5).
12) Nobody Does It Like You: The perfect dance track with beautiful lyrics and a surprising dubstep break down in the chorus (5/5).
13) Music Feels Better: Younger then you'd think but still a good song to listen to of bored (3.5/5).
14) I Like It That Way: The Katy Perry-ish song comes off interesting until the chorus comes in turning the song into an overproduced song (2.7/5).
15) Lover In Me: Just a bit better then the song before, but comes off bland and uninteresting but catchy at the same time (3.6/5)
16) Sad Serenade: This track is not available on the soundtrack or iTunes or Amazon but can be listened to on YouTube. Sad Serenade is a sweet danceable track that could have easily replaced 9, 13-15 (5/5).
All in all this soundtrack is all over the place from good to okay to bad, better then "Kiss & Tell" and "A Year Without Rain" but not as good as "When The Sun Goes Down". Sugared with autotune that with songs like Stars Dance and Undercover it really doesn't matter. The cover art is beautiful. But this album is little more fun then Demi Lovato's "DEMI" but not as deep. She does write about 4-6 songs. All in All 6.5 out of 10. This still so far sounds like the best pop album of the year. Should you get it? Yes if you're younger then 21 you should enjoy, but of you're older only download "Stars Dance, Come & Get It, Forget Forever, Undercover, Nobody Does It Like You, Love Will Remember, Slow Down, and Sad Serenade" if any others then just get "Save The Day, Champion, Music Feels Better, or B.E.A.T.".… Expand
Oct 27, 2013This album sucks and Selena Gomez is the definition of no talent, pop star wanna be, look at me i am pretty and white therefore i can get whatever i want, let me date people more famous than me so i can move up in case system .
This is her worst album yet the only songs i recommend are come and get it, slow down, undercover, love will remember and stars dance (the song)… Expand
|Spiderland [Box Set] - Slint|
|Lucinda Williams [Reissue] - Lucinda Williams|
|American Radical Patriot [Box Set] - Woody Guthrie|
|Miles at the Fillmore - Miles Davis 1970: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 3 - Miles Davis|
|No Depression [Legacy Edition] - Uncle Tupelo|
|The Satanist - Behemoth|
|Home, Like Noplace Is There - The Hotelier|
|Goodbye Yellow Brick Road [40th Anniversary Edition] - Elton John|
|Spaces - Nils Frahm|
|St. Vincent - St. Vincent|
|High Land, Hard Rain [30th Anniversary Edition] - Aztec Camera|
|Moondance [Deluxe Edition] - Van Morrison|
|Bottle Rockets/The Brooklyn Side [Reissue] - The Bottle Rockets|
|12 Stories - Brandy Clark|
|There's a Dream I've Been Saving: 1966-1971 - Lee Hazlewood|
|Memorial - Russian Circles|
|Under Color of Official Right - Protomartyr|
|Haiti Direct: Big Band, Mini Jazz & Twoubadou Sounds, 1960-1978 - Various Artists|
|Rooms of the House - La Dispute|
|The River & the Thread - Rosanne Cash|