- Summary: The fourth full-length studio release for the Disney actress/singer is her first as a solo artist and includes contributions from The Cataracs, Desmond Child, Ester Dean, Mike Del Rio, Dreamlab, David Jost, The Monsters and the Strangerz, Rock Mafia, and Stargate.
- Record Label: Hollywood
- Genre(s): Pop, Electronic, Pop/Rock, Teen Pop, Club/Dance, Dubstep
- More Details and Credits »
Jul 22, 2013From the electro-punk opener Birthday onward, she's competent and entirely impersonal. But that's no impediment to enjoying the record, which darts efficiently from EDM to Bollywood to--Beliebers, look away now--sappiness inspired by her on-off boyfriend, Justin Bieber.
Sep 30, 2014Selena realmente se superou nesse album, sua musica está mais madura assim como sua voz. pena que teve poucos singles. Come and Get It é umaSelena realmente se superou nesse album, sua musica está mais madura assim como sua voz. pena que teve poucos singles. Come and Get It é uma otima musica, assim como "Undecover" e "Love Will Remember"… Expand
Jul 23, 2013This album is amazing, you can listen without skipping any tracks. Every track is amazing and lovely. 'Love Will Remember' shows how SelenaThis album is amazing, you can listen without skipping any tracks. Every track is amazing and lovely. 'Love Will Remember' shows how Selena can be a good songwriter.… Expand
Jul 23, 2013It is one of the best albums of the year! With good vocals, very catchy tunes and two amazing singles released before hand Selena has reallyIt is one of the best albums of the year! With good vocals, very catchy tunes and two amazing singles released before hand Selena has really outdone herself proving that she is definitely one of the leading pop stars of 2013. The album itself is very diverse, with Like A Champion having a jamaican vibe to it, to Come And Get It with a hindi tune to the dance heavy B.E.A.T and Birthday to the more intimate Love Will Remember and Nobody Does It Like You to hopefully the albums next single Save The Day. The album has a great resemblance to a Shakira or perhaps Rihanna album and is definitely worth the wait!… Expand
Jul 24, 2013I have listened to all of Selena Gomez's album, and I think Star Dance is one of her best. Among the songs I liked are Star dance, come & getI have listened to all of Selena Gomez's album, and I think Star Dance is one of her best. Among the songs I liked are Star dance, come & get it and slow down.… Expand
Jul 30, 2013OK, its obvious no one here knows how to actually review and album. There either way too happy and fan obsessed or just a complete hater.OK, its obvious no one here knows how to actually review and album. There either way too happy and fan obsessed or just a complete hater. Here's an actual review.
Let me start by saying Selena has a iffy voice nowhere near Demi but nice and sweet to hear unlike Miley.
01) Birthday: An awkward song trying to be sexy while still sounding kiddy (3/5).
02) Slow Down: Danceable, but gets bland after about 15 listens (4/5).
03) Stars Dance: The title track that os both sweet yet heart shopping at the same time. A dubstep influenced song (5/5).
04) Like A Champion: Influenced by Rihanna this Caribbean definitely gets you moving and catchy with the chorus (4/5).
05) Come And Get It: Originally belonging to Rihanna, this Bollywood inspired song is both lyrically and production wise perfect (5/5).
06) Forget Forever: The first song about her relationship with Justin, the song starts off slow and breathy, the moves into a large EDM full on dance hit (5/5).
07) Save The Day: The Jennifer Lopez song that Selena got. The song is good and danceable but might have been a hit if J.Lo song it (4/5).
08) B.E.A.T.: A wannabe Dev song that ultimately feels interesting after a couple of listens. The song isn't really original but makes up with the catchy chorus (3.5/5).
09) Write Your Name: Sweet little song that ultimately ends up being the most forgettable song on the album and is completely understandable (3.2/5).
10) Undercover: The catchy dance track is sure to get your body moving and have you saying "You don't need no other lover we can keep this under cover" all day everyday (5/5).
11) Love Will Remember: Thing only ballad on the CD panned by Rock Mafia this beautiful song is amazing but this new version without the voice feels less personal then the original still amazing with the "Lo-o-oo-ooo-ove" in the chorus (5/5).
12) Nobody Does It Like You: The perfect dance track with beautiful lyrics and a surprising dubstep break down in the chorus (5/5).
13) Music Feels Better: Younger then you'd think but still a good song to listen to of bored (3.5/5).
14) I Like It That Way: The Katy Perry-ish song comes off interesting until the chorus comes in turning the song into an overproduced song (2.7/5).
15) Lover In Me: Just a bit better then the song before, but comes off bland and uninteresting but catchy at the same time (3.6/5)
16) Sad Serenade: This track is not available on the soundtrack or iTunes or Amazon but can be listened to on YouTube. Sad Serenade is a sweet danceable track that could have easily replaced 9, 13-15 (5/5).
All in all this soundtrack is all over the place from good to okay to bad, better then "Kiss & Tell" and "A Year Without Rain" but not as good as "When The Sun Goes Down". Sugared with autotune that with songs like Stars Dance and Undercover it really doesn't matter. The cover art is beautiful. But this album is little more fun then Demi Lovato's "DEMI" but not as deep. She does write about 4-6 songs. All in All 6.5 out of 10. This still so far sounds like the best pop album of the year. Should you get it? Yes if you're younger then 21 you should enjoy, but of you're older only download "Stars Dance, Come & Get It, Forget Forever, Undercover, Nobody Does It Like You, Love Will Remember, Slow Down, and Sad Serenade" if any others then just get "Save The Day, Champion, Music Feels Better, or B.E.A.T.".… Expand
Nov 25, 2013I hope more. The singles are very good, but the others songs not at all. too much dance and empty songs to me. Selena had fun with this album,I hope more. The singles are very good, but the others songs not at all. too much dance and empty songs to me. Selena had fun with this album, I like it but just a Little.… Expand
Nov 22, 2014Poderia dizer maravilhas desse álbum mas parece mais aqueles álbuns que dão de graça no iTunes pra ver se sai do flop, que só tem músicasPoderia dizer maravilhas desse álbum mas parece mais aqueles álbuns que dão de graça no iTunes pra ver se sai do flop, que só tem músicas ruins sabe? Vendeu quase porra nenhuma, e pelo menos tem duas músicas nota 8 que é CAGI e SD fora isso, é um cuzinho doce, não pisou nem no Demi q bela merda viu… Expand
|Led Zeppelin IV [Remastered] - Led Zeppelin|
|Doolittle 25 - Pixies|
|The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11 - Bob Dylan|
|The Velvet Underground [45th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition] - The Velvet Underground|
|Houses of the Holy [Remastered] - Led Zeppelin|
|Bloodstone & Diamonds - Machine Head|
|Black Messiah - D'Angelo|
|Offering: Live at Temple University - John Coltrane|
|Start Together [Box Set] - Sleater-Kinney|
|Gentlemen At 21 [Deluxe Edition] - The Afghan Whigs|
|Soul Mining (30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) [Box Set] - The The|
|From Parts Unknown - Every Time I Die|
|Extra Painful - Yo La Tengo|
|RTJ2 - Run the Jewels|
|Anthology [Box Set] - The Clean|
|Face the Music [Box Set] - Nils Lofgren|
|Sun Zoom Spark: 1970 to 1972 [Box Set] - Captain Beefheart|
|Foundations of Burden - Pallbearer|
|Cadillactica - Big K.R.I.T.|
|You're Dead! - Flying Lotus|