Stay Human

8.4

Review this album

1. DaveR
    Apr 20, 2003
    Michael franti is one of the most fresh and genuine voices in the music industry. an unbelievable combination of extremely educated lyrics and some fine, laid back music.
  2. AlexanderC.
    Sep 13, 2003
    Simply wonderful. Great lyrics, great music and great beats. Michael Franti and his band blend hip-hop, trance and echos of rock greats like the Clash, Randy Newman, Pixies and Pink Floyd to create a masterpiece.
  3. KyleE
    Jun 9, 2004
    Any CD with a song like "Oh my God" can't be any less than a 8. This CD is packed with great beats, smooth lyrics, and a powerful message.
  4. CarolineA
    Jul 23, 2005
    This is the best album my soul has found
  5. DennisN.
    Jul 18, 2001
    Music and lyrics that touch the soul. Rare and beautiful.
  6. PaulaL.
    Aug 14, 2001
    A CD that artfully blends all of my favourite music styles, I have played it so much I had to ration myself. I can't give it a 10 because I want to see how it stands the test of time but I would reccommend it to anybody who genuinely loves music and leans a bit leftwards.
  7. polax
    Aug 25, 2003
    'Stay Human' is simply, the best uplifting CD eva. If you ever need a pick-me-up, slash on 'stay human' and let the rythmns float you away. see ya
  8. BrianaC.
    Jun 27, 2001
    This album not only moved my hips, it moved my soul...as all good music should.
  9. JoeS
    Nov 19, 2005
    I've listened to this CD no less than 500 times since I bought it. Unconventional, passionate, moving, liquid poetry with a beat. One of my all time favorites.

1. Taking the death penalty as the central theme for an album -the sleevenotes feature anti-death penalty quotes from the like of Bono, Chuck D and Nirvana's Krist Novoselic- may not sound like much of a party, but there's a human warmth and gentle humour in Franti's delivery, hitched to hugely danceable and uplifting music.
  2. While his lyrics are both timely and powerful, the album's power lies as much in the superbly crafted grooves and songs, which are the best Franti has delivered yet.
  3. Blender
    Unfortunately, the ticked-off one breaks up the most consistently grooving album of his career with too many well-meaning but intrusive conspiracy-minded skits. [Jun/Jul 2001, p.110]