Strange Weather, Isn't It? - !!! [Chik Chik Chik]
7.5

Review this album

1. Aug 30, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Much more assured of what they are, !!! bring us the best pop action in ages. By the corrosive dance rock of "The Hammer" to the lo-fi rap of "Hollow", Strange Weather, Isn´t it? came out on the right place at the right time. Expand
  2. Nov 18, 2010
    I must be getting old, but I am finding most of the critics out of touch with what I find great this year. Strange Weather is tyher case in point: Is it as fresh as their earlier works? No. Is it a great pop record? Damn straight it is. Great on the stereo and the idevice, it'll make your day a happy one.

1. Strange Weather, Isn't It? is not life-altering fare, but the album's 40 minutes of club-approved funk-rock signals another noteworthy entry in the band's discography.
  2. These layered, multi-directional numbers stand out rather than fit in. On either side are tunes a little too straightforward, big ideas a little too self-contained to really mesh in the way you want them to.
    Berlin's long-running tendency toward grit-glitz, which musicians from Bowie to Peaches have channeled in their work, is the inspiration for this fourth record of functional fun.