Swoon - Silversun Pickups
8.8

Review this album

1. Aug 19, 2010
    This album changed the way I look at life. Brian Aubert performed strong vocals and the rest of the band completely blew me away with their instrumentals.
  2. Jun 11, 2011
    This is the best album ever! The vocals are great! The songs are amazing and well written! The cd is pure gold and the only cd (not counting metacritic cause i rate it different on here) that ive given a 10
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    The Puckups, well, pick up a lot of flack for sounding like Gish-y Pumpkins, but this album has an atmosphere- a density- that calls to mind a Kevin Shields production. Still, solid songwriting and the ability to manipulate mood really shine through the dense sonic fog. "The Royal We" is our favorite track, but "Panic Switch" gets the most attention, perhaps for its urgent delivery. Overall, Swoon tastefully serves up a well-balanced tracklist, leaving the listener full after 51 minutes of flavor. Producer Dave Cooley seems to be the secret ingredient as evidenced by the lack of flavor in SSP's Cooley-free third album. So, don't write reviews when you're hungry, but do pickup this album and listen all the way through. Expand
  4. May 25, 2012
    Swoon is the album that made me love SSPU. From the emotional "Growing Old Is Getting Old" to the upbeat, distortion and effects-heavy "Panic Switch", this album is fantastic. My only gripe is that I felt "Surrounded" was a somewhat average song in an almost perfect record, which brought down the score a bit for me. This is still one of my favorite albums and I would recommend this record to anyone and everyone. Expand

1. Swoon, then, is a mixed listening experience, with the solemnity and over-seriousness of the general tone and the occasionally grating nature of that voice being more or less mitigated by some lovely melodies and first-rate guitar riffs.
  2. Swoon improves on the Pickups' 2006 debut, Carnavas, with less slavish writing and more articulated dynamics.
    The Pickups also pile on the sophomore-album enhancements here, deepening a sound that scarcely wanted for depth beforehand.