• Record Label: Def Jam
  • Release Date: Nov 21, 2011
6.9

Review this album

1. Dec 3, 2011
    The Album Is A Stone Winner. A Flawless Smash. Start To Finish All the Songs Are Cohesive and Brilliant. Unlike Her Contemporaries, Rihanna Is In The Legendary Lane! Can't Wait For The Next Album!
  2. Dec 3, 2011
    MY GRRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RHI YOU KILT IS WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep em comin babygirl! I love this song about CAKE CAKE CAKE! OH Lord grrrl! We'll see you next November LOLLLLL!
  3. Dec 3, 2011
    I heard Rihanna's stans talk about this album being hot hot! So I checked it out ya know. IT'S HOT HOT. That cake cake song is hot. Fire. Thee's some pop songs. There's some ghetto as hell songs too which i love. It's a great album. BEst of the year!
  4. Dec 3, 2011
    A great fun album. A Continuation of LOUD with a little bit of that Rated R edge thrown in there. It's weird to think that some strangerbetch from 2005 has been killing it every year! The album is sooooo good! Best songs are 'We Found Love,' 'Where Have You Been?,' and "We All Want Love." Beautiful!
  5. Dec 3, 2011
    Talk That Talk is great! Rihanna brings it hard on this ghetto album. It's all over the place in the most fabulous way. She serves you up everything and all her contemporaries are put to shame. She LET'S THEM HAVE IT!
  6. Dec 3, 2011
    The record is bloody fantastic! WE FOUND LOVE is flawless and the rest of the album is just as good. No one can do what she does. It's bloody brilliant i tell you.
  7. Dec 3, 2011
    FLAWLESS. The Queen kills it yet again! Flawless! "We Found Love," "Where Have You Been" "Birthday Cake" "Cockiness" all flawless. This is easily her best album by far!
  8. Dec 3, 2011
    After hearing Teenage Dream and Born This Way, I was expecting this album to pail in comparison, but it's just as good. Congrats to Rihanna for getting Album of the Year nods for her last album, Loud. This album is better than Loud. It's much edgier and harder. I love this album and you will too.
  9. Dec 3, 2011
    I Want that CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE.

This is Rihanna's best album. Give it to me like I want it! Talk that Talk baby!
  10. Dec 28, 2011
    Pitchfork Media's review pretty much sums up my opinion on the album. We know Rihanna can be nasty, but it seems like she tries too hard. The album sounds like it's filthy, just for the sake of being filthy, with no substance. Sounds like "Watch n Learn," & "Roc Me Out" both sound like they came from an album by Trina. The album sounds like she took all of her albums, and put it together.Pitchfork Media's review pretty much sums up my opinion on the album. We know Rihanna can be nasty, but it seems like she tries too hard. The album sounds like it's filthy, just for the sake of being filthy, with no substance. Sounds like "Watch n Learn," & "Roc Me Out" both sound like they came from an album by Trina. The album sounds like she took all of her albums, and put it together. It's a good album that anyone can just get on the dance floor and dance to, however, the substance is lacking as seen from her previous albums. Expand
  11. Feb 1, 2012
    While I love Rihanna I was overall less then impressed with this most recent album. I enjoyed a couple songs like "Birthday Cake" and "Cockiness (Love It)", I felt that the majority of the songs were simply replicas of one another with different beats thrown into the background. All of the song lyrics are about the exact same thing....sex and dancing. While I understand that sex sells, AWhile I love Rihanna I was overall less then impressed with this most recent album. I enjoyed a couple songs like "Birthday Cake" and "Cockiness (Love It)", I felt that the majority of the songs were simply replicas of one another with different beats thrown into the background. All of the song lyrics are about the exact same thing....sex and dancing. While I understand that sex sells, A bit more variety would be appreciated on the next album. Expand
  12. Jun 27, 2016
    Hináriooooo maravilhoso, rainha samba mesmo, só música boa. Melhor álbum sim! Não sei pq demorei tanto pra ouvir, mas agora danço, canto, rebolo horrores amo
  13. Nov 23, 2011
    Overall I like this album, it is mostly dance music which is what is popular now. There are a couple of songs I don't like such as **** (Love It) and Birthday Cake, but these tend to be on the shorter side. Those are the only two songs that I pretty much need to skip, the rest are either good or tolerable!! I used to not be a big fan of Rihanna, but her music is pretty fun!
  14. Nov 21, 2011
    i love Rihanna seriously but her new album seems unfinished and unoriginal!! a very bad production with poor lyrics, a few tracks are good like Drunk On Love, You Da One and maybe Farewell (it's too basic)! unnecessary album!!! this is so disappointing! but i still love her!
  15. Nov 21, 2011
    I Listened to this album with no expectations whatsoever and i was actually surprised. The album might be dirty and all but it also has a soft side , the ballads were beautiful songs , especially 'We All Want Love' & 'Farewell'. It was also nice to see that she did not have a lot of collaborations this time and decided to sing on her own but for the collabs she definitely picked the bestI Listened to this album with no expectations whatsoever and i was actually surprised. The album might be dirty and all but it also has a soft side , the ballads were beautiful songs , especially 'We All Want Love' & 'Farewell'. It was also nice to see that she did not have a lot of collaborations this time and decided to sing on her own but for the collabs she definitely picked the best going with Jay-z , his verse on 'Talk That Talk' is sick!
    Probably best pop album of the year.
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this one is really a STEP BACK from her other albums! You Tha One 3/5 (like it until the chorus, by the second one, i have to change the song. Whats My Name b-side) Where Have U Been 4.5/5 (the flaw: after the chorus seems like a david guetta song, rip-off of LMFAO, although the acoustic guitar save it for me) We Found Love 5/5 (mehh at first, pretty cool right now, 5 for herI think this one is really a STEP BACK from her other albums! You Tha One 3/5 (like it until the chorus, by the second one, i have to change the song. Whats My Name b-side) Where Have U Been 4.5/5 (the flaw: after the chorus seems like a david guetta song, rip-off of LMFAO, although the acoustic guitar save it for me) We Found Love 5/5 (mehh at first, pretty cool right now, 5 for her standards, not a 5 at all in comparison with other songs) Talk That Talk 1.5/5 (????? a jay-z track? my **** GOD. what the hell is this **** (love it) 3/5 (there's something about this song that's not right, but the guy's freaky sounds, AMAZING. catchy, but a litlle bit boring as well) Birthday Cake 1/5 (cause i can't give 0/5! and they want this **** in full. for what? to hear cake for more 2 minutes???) not edgy riri, just ****! We All Want Love 2.5/5 ( cute kinda-ballad (mid-tempo) but feel a little too dated. it seems like a song that could be in rated R. not bad, not groundbreaking, just mehh) Drunk On Love 2.5/5 (the recycled Te Amo beat with vocals with a little bit more atittude. just that. the chorus is really weak. the thing about this song, are the chants in the background of the track and that kinda bamboo-blings) Roc Me Out 3/5 (here we have another recycled beat. it's like Rude Boy and Rock Star had a child that it's cousin to Te Amo. The triple tread Rihanna, Stargate and Ester Dean, are too over-used by rihanna. this is the song that aproxes the most to S&M vocally speaking!) Watch n Learn 1.5/5 (here we go again with the island flavoured song that's 1st degree cousin to whats my name. and we've had enough of that song for the past year and a bit of this one. bad song! Farewell 4.5/5 (although u can see the similarities between this one, love the way you lie, fire bomb and another bunch of ballads of rihanna's Rated R. this one is really good, even though farewell hasnt the same strength vocally as California King Bed, it could surpace the success of the last. after a few listens it may become too flat.

Review!!! The thing is that i think Talk That Talk is the worst album by Rihanna (i'm not counting the first 2 albuns) It doesnt has the single material as Good Girl Gone Bad; "edginess" and fragility of rated r; neither the sound and yelling as Loud... and by that it's not a body of work, we can totally see that the album was made on the top of the knees, with not too much time, too much work, and storys, just a bunch of good producers. where Good Girl Gone Bad was epicness, Rated R "showed the things that she was going through"; and Loud take her to the top of the charts with songs that catapulted her to the clubs, Talk That Talk just TALKs about sex, and sex and sex and i don't know if she need desperately a man or one thousand... but u can see that this was going to be a Loud re-release, that then after plans scrapped, they try to build it around Loud with glimpses of Rated R. Certainly, Rihanna doesn't want us to forget, what sex is about and how to make it!!
  17. Nov 21, 2011
    There is no Doubt that she rushed this album, having her world tour and all, made the outcome of it her worst album out of the six. with little if any originality to it , Think of this album as a ''Rated R Part 2 '' :/ ''Loud'' and ''Good girl gone bad'' will always be the best :)
  18. Nov 21, 2011
    this gurl giving me this mess after the anthems from LOUD gave me lifeeee no no no riri this 0 is well deserved
    give me rudeboy 2.0 not rudeboy 0.5 and i dont want songs about damn pastries although i will say **** is my reason to LIVE tonight the rest are negatives
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    The songs on this album mix incredible lyrics with hit instrumentals, it's the perfect combination. Even better that Adele's 21, that keep in only one theme the all album. In Talk That Talk Rihanna explores a thousand of themes, a lot of feelings that the listeners can to identify with. My opinion is that no one did so perfect combination in only one album like she did. What is mostThe songs on this album mix incredible lyrics with hit instrumentals, it's the perfect combination. Even better that Adele's 21, that keep in only one theme the all album. In Talk That Talk Rihanna explores a thousand of themes, a lot of feelings that the listeners can to identify with. My opinion is that no one did so perfect combination in only one album like she did. What is most unbelieveble i that this album was made in less than a year HOW COULD SHE? Simply beautiful, provocative, sexy and lovely album. Expand
  20. Nov 21, 2011
    This is a horrible album. I hope she do some more real r&b. I love her, but I don't like "Talk That Talk" at all. She's trying too hard to be she wants to be. Maybe slow down and have a rest.
  21. Nov 22, 2011
    For a 6th album Talk That Talk is a solid record . It does not deserve to be getting these crappy reviews . What was it did you guys like from LOUD exactly ? The songs like 'Fade away' 'Complicated' which sounded exactly the same , or the worst collab she has ever done 'Raining Men'?

In Talk That Talk Rihanna mixes GGGB & RR to provide us with decent hits & an album with Variety from the uptempo 'Where Have You Been' to her soft side in 'Farewell' to her home town roots in 'Watch N' Learn' . Saying this is her worst album yet is just stupid.
  22. Nov 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Im so proud of Rihanna :))! Loved this album and all of the songs on it . Her ballads are also heartbreaking especially 'Farewell' 'We All Want Love' and 'Fool In Love' . I noticed that she has a desire to be loved she repeats it through the album if you listen like in 'Roc Me Out' she says "ill let you on in a dirty secret : I just want to be loved". She certainly Walked That Walk Expand
  23. Nov 22, 2011
    I just bought this album this morning and i have it on repeat!! Its such an enjoyable album from start to end . I wasn't much of a fan of Rihanna but im starting to like her. Talk That Talk!!!!!!
  24. Nov 22, 2011
    Rihanna's 6th album! And it's her BEST yet! This album is a mixture of all of Rihanna's sounds, and the outcome is a masterpiece. This album is fun, sassy, strong yet vulnerable. Every song has a possible chance of topping the charts! Amazing
  25. Nov 22, 2011
    Cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake.
  26. Nov 22, 2011
    6 albums in 6 years, that is quite the achievement. First off lets be honest, TTT isn't breaking new grounds or claiming that it's the album of the decade. It's simply what Rihanna would have desired LOUD to be. By that i mean it has the extreme commercial appeal that LOUD has yet the touch Rihanna wanted to put into her work. Not only did she have writing credits, but she also co-produced6 albums in 6 years, that is quite the achievement. First off lets be honest, TTT isn't breaking new grounds or claiming that it's the album of the decade. It's simply what Rihanna would have desired LOUD to be. By that i mean it has the extreme commercial appeal that LOUD has yet the touch Rihanna wanted to put into her work. Not only did she have writing credits, but she also co-produced songs like Do Ya Thang and the album it self. To that extent surely one cannot say she was just being a label's puppet. For me this is better version of LOUD, which i loved btw. But not at the level of Rated R. Let's be real, i don't think anything she puts out will match the amazing Rated R. By no means am i bringing down her current work, but Rated R was just out of this world amazing. Even yesterday i played Russian Roulette and realized what a beauty that is. Enough about Loud and Rated R! TTT has potentials. Where have you been is a clear fan favorite alongside the title track. I love the ballads such as fool in love which is clearly one of her finest! I bow down to the vocals! The reason i gave it less than the perfect score was simply because one can immediately feel that it was rushed. I mean the ending of songs like You Da One or Do Ya Thang could have been far more superior than they are at their current state if only there was a bit more time. Hats off for pulling of the project in time, but i wished it was a bit more polished. And i can clearly see the hate surrounding the album this time around considering that she is at the verge of being over-exposed if not already. So to that extent hatred can only get stronger as time passes. Hopefully Rihanna can still be at the top of her game. But i sincerely wish she take a much needed break after this album to truly understand her vast potential. :D Expand
  27. Nov 23, 2011
    Another solid album from Rihanna, full of great tracks! Where Have You Been and Talk That Talk (feat Jay-Z) must be future singles! The deluxe songs also really add to the album.
  28. Nov 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Expand
  29. Nov 23, 2011
    This album is absolutely amazing! Rihanna brought her A-game to the studio with this one. Talk That Talk is much better than the album's predecessor, Loud. There are so many single prospects within this album and a great bulk of those are destined to be hits. Her vocals are beyond great on songs like Farewell and Drunk On Love. The Deluxe edition contains three songs that perfectly tieThis album is absolutely amazing! Rihanna brought her A-game to the studio with this one. Talk That Talk is much better than the album's predecessor, Loud. There are so many single prospects within this album and a great bulk of those are destined to be hits. Her vocals are beyond great on songs like Farewell and Drunk On Love. The Deluxe edition contains three songs that perfectly tie together the theme and sound of Talk That Talk. This is definitely Rihanna's best album thus far. Expand
  30. Nov 23, 2011
    Amazing album! Rih shows us all how to Talk That Talk with this album. My faves are Where Have You Been, Roc Me Out, Red Lipstick, Fool In Love, and Drunk On Love. No fillers in this album!
  31. Nov 23, 2011
    I have to say every single of rihanna's CD has been a master piece and actually talk that talk is an awesome continuation to that maestry work and i will just use random letters now cause i need 150 characters and this album is just amazing sooo odnasofbiafoka.
  32. Nov 23, 2011
    Talk That talk, será que realmente pode ser considerado uma obra-prima de Rihanna? Com certeza We Found Love é uma música de sentir emoções e Where have you Been de viajaaaaar, mais ainda falta alguma coisa nesse albúm. Talvez a expectativa criada em cima dele foi maior que o esperado. SIM! Talk That TalkTalk That talk, será que realmente pode ser considerado uma obra-prima de Rihanna? Com certeza We Found Love é uma música de sentir emoções e Where have you Been de viajaaaaar, mais ainda falta alguma coisa nesse albúm. Talvez a expectativa criada em cima dele foi maior que o esperado. SIM! Talk That Talk é ótimo mais a Rihanna com seu grande porte no Mundo POP poderia fazer bem mais que isso! Albúm de Hits! Mais nao para ficar na Historia. Expand
  33. Nov 25, 2011
    Very unique style of music compared to other artists. She's the only one who mixed pop with Caribbean rhythm and sophisticated reggae taste. Talk that Talk is very different from her other albums in terms of its content. Songs has no catchy lyrics that you want to repeat again and again. There's nothing extraordinary in this album however it's good to listen to if you dig into it.
  34. Nov 26, 2011
    Rihanna did a really great job on this album. I think that it is one of her best. She has a bit of every genre of music that she has covered so far from pop, r&b, dancehall, dubstep, etc. I also want to note that while this album does have a lot of sexual songs, that is not all there is on the album. She talks about love a lot on this album. I would say it's basically half and half loveRihanna did a really great job on this album. I think that it is one of her best. She has a bit of every genre of music that she has covered so far from pop, r&b, dancehall, dubstep, etc. I also want to note that while this album does have a lot of sexual songs, that is not all there is on the album. She talks about love a lot on this album. I would say it's basically half and half love and sex. The standout tracks on this album in my opinion would be We Found Love, Where Have You Been, We All Want Love, Drunk On Love, and the album title track Talk That Talk. I think you should purchase this album if you want something fun to listen too. Expand
  35. Nov 29, 2011
    If you are someone who takes Rihanna seriously, and expects her to "develop her vocals" or "sound," then maybe you'll be disappointed because the album is pretty one-note. If you're like me, however, and have never taken Rihanna that seriously as an artist, you'll love this album for it's catchy, fun, and raunchy hits. I think it's totally successful for what it actually is, which is not aIf you are someone who takes Rihanna seriously, and expects her to "develop her vocals" or "sound," then maybe you'll be disappointed because the album is pretty one-note. If you're like me, however, and have never taken Rihanna that seriously as an artist, you'll love this album for it's catchy, fun, and raunchy hits. I think it's totally successful for what it actually is, which is not a demonstration of talent, but a compilation of sure-fire hits, great for pregaming, driving, dancing, and working out at the gym.... not for times that you're taking yourself seriously. Expand
  36. Dec 6, 2011
    Rihanna is amazing and so talented and this is by far one of her best albums along with LOUD. Keep up the amazing work Rihanna! The songs I like the most are Where Have You Been, We Found Love, You da One, Drunk on Love, We all want Love, Do ya thang, and watch n learn how. This album is unique and different from the others and I love it!
  37. Dec 18, 2011
    I love this album! One of the Rihanna's best! Talk that talk is much better than LOUD! Roc Me Out, Birthday Cake, Drunk On Love, We All Want Love, ****
  38. FMR
    Jan 28, 2012
    Rihanna used to tour with Pop Singing Sensation Jeannie Ortega from Brooklyn which by the way, comes out with her album "Perfect Love" this Tuesday, January 31st, 2012. Highly recommed this album. Get it now online I Tunes, Amazon!!!!!
  39. Nov 19, 2012
    The Bestest Album of 2012 , in my opinion. Its difersificate, and remenber the eras LOUD and RATED R. In the first time , i doesn't like **** (Track 5) And Watch N Learn (Track 10) , but now i just hate Watch N Learn. Drunk On Love, Farewell and We All Want Love SHOULD be singles. Love this album , and my note to this is 9.

1. Musically, this is pop without shame‑-her hookiest and most dance-targeted album.
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    It's sure to sell on brand recognition alone, but I doubt a series of mannered and soulless hooks are going to find much life outside of the European remix circuit.
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    It's easy to criticise Talk That Talk but it's actually a fun and enjoyable record.