Talk That Talk

• Release Date: Nov 21, 2011
6.8

Review this album

1. Aug 4, 2012
    Talk That Talk sounds rushed and has a lack of creativity. The songs sound very basic and Rihanna sounds like she's tired. Talk That Talk lacks the energy that her previous albums have. The best songs are on the deluxe edition.
  2. Apr 7, 2012
    I'm so disappointed! I was expecting a great album like "Loud". This is Good but, not good as "Loud" or "Rated R" or "Good Girl Gone Bad"......
    Great Tracks : Farewell
    Very Good Tracks . Roc Me Out - We All Want Love - You Da One
    Good Tracks : Talk That Talk - Drunk On Love - We Found Love
    Quite Good Tracks : **** - Where Have You Been
    Bad Tracks : Watch 'n Learn
    Horrible Tracks: Birthday Cake
  3. May 30, 2012
    Rewind Rihanna Loud which launched a year ago. This sixth album starts fairly unoriginal and the first three titles - even the appearance of a single with Calvin Harris - bring the listener ever so slightly turned in reflections on the very slow evolution of dance music / club, despite its large production facilities, tired by its lack of innovation. Then Jay-Z arrives and takes the sauce.Rewind Rihanna Loud which launched a year ago. This sixth album starts fairly unoriginal and the first three titles - even the appearance of a single with Calvin Harris - bring the listener ever so slightly turned in reflections on the very slow evolution of dance music / club, despite its large production facilities, tired by its lack of innovation. Then Jay-Z arrives and takes the sauce. Unlike his colleagues (BEP, Beyonce, Gaga, Katy Perry), Rihanna has the merit of having crafted a cohesive album (it's raw and it's about ass) who listen from beginning to end. Special mention for Drunk on Love, hinged on a sampling of The XX Intro. Strange hybrid that works against all odds. Expand
  4. May 20, 2012
    If I have to review this album with 2 adjectives: cheap & overproduced. The production of "Talk that talk" has been clearly rushed since Rihanna had her world tour to accomplish. The lyrics are poor (90% per cent of the tracks talk about sex)
    The quality standard definitely went down since her last album "Loud", and musically speaking Rihanna adds up nothing original. "Where Have You Been" could be a disco hit but clearly has nothing to do with the rest of the album, since it's a dancehall- electronic song, while the rest has an R&B/ Reggae print.
    I admire Rihanna and her career, but this has been her worst album.
  5. Jul 13, 2012
    The album is not her best album. It's good but it seems unfinished. Everything about it. Is much more sexual then any of her others. You may not want to buy it for your little daughter, if she's a Rihanna Fan.
  6. Oct 28, 2012
    We have a Rihanna's album every year. Just like the Christmas or thanks-giving. It's a big tradition and it's impossible to not love it. Black queen of pop. Gaga cry
  7. Nov 9, 2012
    Overall, Rihanna's 'Talk That Talk' is a fun, gritty-edged album. It is her nastiest and dirtiest, to date with lyrics like 'Ooh, I wanna f**k You, right now', 'Just because I can't kiss back/Doesn't mean you can't kiss that', 'Suck my **** lick My persuasion.' So, you get the point! It's not the type of album you wanna buy for your little ones. The Low lights of the album consists ofOverall, Rihanna's 'Talk That Talk' is a fun, gritty-edged album. It is her nastiest and dirtiest, to date with lyrics like 'Ooh, I wanna f**k You, right now', 'Just because I can't kiss back/Doesn't mean you can't kiss that', 'Suck my **** lick My persuasion.' So, you get the point! It's not the type of album you wanna buy for your little ones. The Low lights of the album consists of feeling 'rushed' and 'incomplete'... If you spin the album a few times, You'll learn to love it. Expand
  8. Nov 19, 2012
    The Bestest Album of 2012 , in my opinion. Its difersificate, and remenber the eras LOUD and RATED R. In the first time , i doesn't like **** (Track 5) And Watch N Learn (Track 10) , but now i just hate Watch N Learn. Drunk On Love, Farewell and We All Want Love SHOULD be singles. Love this album , and my note to this is 9.
  9. Feb 5, 2013
    Album #6 has a nice selection of hits and gave us one of her best tracks in 'We Found Love'. It's not the perfect album and not her best from her catalogue but there is enough here to make it an enjoayble album.
  10. Dec 23, 2012
    I Loved Every Single Song Of This Album (Excluding Birthday Cake)
    She Is Improving So Much Vocally! Deserves A Grammy 100%!
  11. Mar 24, 2013
    Once More Rihanna Proves She's Still Got It!
    Every Track Is Just WOW!
  12. Mar 24, 2013
    I'm starting to doubt if Rihanna has any talent left. She started out so great and sensational, but where has all of that gone? Every song is drowned in autotune and many don't stand out very much, other than "Where Have You Been" and "We Found Love."
  13. Apr 25, 2013
    Clearly Rihanna's second best album after Rated R. Every song fits into the album and there's a continuous flow of dancefloor domination. Highlights include "Where Have You Been" and "Red Lipstick."
  14. Dec 23, 2014
    Uma obra-prima comparado ao desastre musical chamado "Unapologetic",mas mesmo assim é muito,muito fraco um álbum ruim,porém "Unapologetic"é péssimo.
    Top 4
    1-Farewell
    2-You da One
    3-We Found Love
    4-Drunk on Love
    5-Talk That Talk
  15. May 29, 2013
    Not RiRi's best album, but not her worst either. Highlights are her Calvin Harris collab 'We Found Love' and 'Where Have You Been'. It serves as a nice album overall, however, it seems like Rihanna has tried to make an album which will be commercially successful, which I don't have a problem with at all, but I think she has failed to produce enough tracks which have the potential to beNot RiRi's best album, but not her worst either. Highlights are her Calvin Harris collab 'We Found Love' and 'Where Have You Been'. It serves as a nice album overall, however, it seems like Rihanna has tried to make an album which will be commercially successful, which I don't have a problem with at all, but I think she has failed to produce enough tracks which have the potential to be successful singles, due to a lack of catchy hooks. But overall, it is an alright album, which will please her fans. Expand
  16. Jul 5, 2013
    While "Rated R was a dark, emotional "ChrisBrownRecovery" album and "Loud" was a big, red chart-devouring machine, "Talk That Talk" didn't have it's own "personality". It's just a collection of songs that can become another #1 hit. Sorry, I should say COULD be a big hits if ti would be promoted properly. Of course I love "We Found Love" and "Where Have You Been" and I think that releasingWhile "Rated R was a dark, emotional "ChrisBrownRecovery" album and "Loud" was a big, red chart-devouring machine, "Talk That Talk" didn't have it's own "personality". It's just a collection of songs that can become another #1 hit. Sorry, I should say COULD be a big hits if ti would be promoted properly. Of course I love "We Found Love" and "Where Have You Been" and I think that releasing them was a great idea. I don't mind "You Da One". But what about "Talk That Talk", "Birthday Cake" and (Love It)"? Rihanna's bad-ass persona isn't really convincing in those songs. "Roc Me Out" and "Watch N' Learn" were better single options. Besides that, there's still a good R&B album here. Some of the highlights are: amazing Rihanna's vocals on "Drunk On Love", dark and sexy "Red Lipstick", sweet love song "Do Ya Thang", vulnerable rhapsody "Fool In Love" and a great power ballad "Farewell".

17. Mar 23, 2014
    It's good. It's nothing out of the ordinary, but it's still one of Rihanna's best albums. I think the best tracks are "Talk That Talk", "Red Lipstick", and "Roc Me Out."
  18. Aug 30, 2013
    Fumbling through the numbers, Talk That Talk is an identity crisis. Attempting to marry the dance-pop, urban, and ballad-leaning sides of Rihanna, it is a melting pot of goop. With production above par, the lyrics are at their worst. However, Rihanna makes the best of even goop, and delivers on each track in a way that each track feels as more than an album filler. But on an album whereFumbling through the numbers, Talk That Talk is an identity crisis. Attempting to marry the dance-pop, urban, and ballad-leaning sides of Rihanna, it is a melting pot of goop. With production above par, the lyrics are at their worst. However, Rihanna makes the best of even goop, and delivers on each track in a way that each track feels as more than an album filler. But on an album where pacing is non-existent, it caters to the cherry-picking iTunes masses. Talk That Talk simply does not work as an album. Expand
  19. Nov 1, 2013
    She is a brand. Brand of good quality. I love "Farewell" and "We Found Love", there is no fillers at this album. However, there was a surprise for me, choosing "You da One" for single. It's catchy and solid but there are better productions like "Drunk on Love" or above-mentioned "Farewell" for instance.
    If I would have any objections, I think "Rock Me Out" is hoary old chestnut. The second "Rude Boy";)
  20. Jan 29, 2016
    AMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rainha.
  21. Dec 16, 2014
    Can be a wonderful album, good to hear, well divided, a great choice for listening at home alone or with friends.
    Highlights: Where Have You Been and Brithday Cake
    Roc Me Out 100/100
    Watch n' Learn 95/100
    Farewell 55/100
  23. Apr 27, 2015
    Aside from a few hit singles, Talk That Talk is probably one of Rihanna's least memorable albums. It doesn't have as many infectious hooks as Loud or Rated R, but it's still a pretty enjoyable album nevertheless. I can listen to the whole thing (bonus tracks included) without wanting to skip any songs, so I have to give her credit for that. Also, her vocals are pretty fantastic here, as always.
  24. May 25, 2016
    13. Do Ya Thang 65/100
    14. Fool in Love 80/100

Metascore: 82
  25. Apr 15, 2015
    A few years ago I would listen to this album almost everyday and eventually get sick of it. However, the album is a generally great effort from Rihanna. In my opinion, this was better than Loud. I like Rihanna's experimentation with different genres ("Cockiness"), while also paying homage to her original reggae style ("Watch n Learn"). There are a few slow Chris Brown Fortune-esqueA few years ago I would listen to this album almost everyday and eventually get sick of it. However, the album is a generally great effort from Rihanna. In my opinion, this was better than Loud. I like Rihanna's experimentation with different genres ("Cockiness"), while also paying homage to her original reggae style ("Watch n Learn"). There are a few slow Chris Brown Fortune-esque ballads, specifically "Farewell" (even though that album came after this one) but not enough to make this the disappointing album that Fortune was. Plus her ballads are better. There are also some repetitive dance songs, but overall, I'd have to say this is one of Rihanna's best. Grade: B. Highlights: "We All Want Love", "Drunk on Love", "Red Lipstick". Worst song: "We Found Love" Expand
  26. May 4, 2015
    Katy Perry bursts back onto the scene with her amazing second album that is full to the grim of the tongue-in-cheek atmosphere that got herkhkkjhjghjbnnnnn
  27. Apr 4, 2016
    In the definitive review, This album is better than i thinking that was.

I Listen "We All Want Love" that I didn't even know of the existence, and "Farewell" That elevated the album from 4 pts to 5 pts...
  28. Apr 4, 2016
    ........................................................................................................................Better than i expected.........................
  29. Apr 8, 2016
    .......................................................................................................................................................Most good that apparent.
  30. Jan 28, 2016
    O FEAT COM O COMPRADOR DE GRAMMYS É MUITO BOM!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALBUM PERFEITO....................................................
    QUE SAUDADES DESSA ERA......
  31. Jun 27, 2016
    Hináriooooo maravilhoso, rainha samba mesmo, só música boa. Melhor álbum sim! Não sei pq demorei tanto pra ouvir, mas agora danço, canto, rebolo horrores amo
  32. Jan 31, 2016
    O setimo album da cantora Rihanna eh um dos melhores da sua careira. com grades hits como o sucesso WE FOUND LOVE que pegou 1# por 13 semanas na Billboard...
  33. Apr 4, 2016
    ....................................................................................................................................................Better than i expected.....
  34. Apr 25, 2016
    This marks the sixth Rihanna's album in six years and still full of new tracks that shows her flawless capacity of impress people with some mixed genres.
  35. May 11, 2016
    bETTER Than i Expected............................................................................................................ But Is weak even...............................
  36. Jun 15, 2016
    There's no denying that Rihanna is trying, and to some extent is successful. We Found Love is by far the best track on this album and one of her best songs. But you can't help but think how she has the audacity to sing a duet about doing it with her boyfriend that beat her up. That is some birthday cake that I have never heard of.
  37. Aug 30, 2016
    Wow, Im shocked at these reviews, Not too shocked because Critics Overrate & Underrate thing all the time. Poor Rihanna, She thought she could pull off another Bâ Collapse
  38. Aug 30, 2016
    One of the worst albums of the year thus far. It shows absolutely no artistic growth, the lyrics are elementary, and the vocals are non-existent. All in all, a terrible album. Collapse
  39. Oct 20, 2016
    The first time Rihanna disappointed me... and she did it too badly. Detestable album with boring and lame songs, Calvin Harris was the worst part of this joke.

1. Musically, this is pop without shame‑-her hookiest and most dance-targeted album.
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    It's sure to sell on brand recognition alone, but I doubt a series of mannered and soulless hooks are going to find much life outside of the European remix circuit.
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    It's easy to criticise Talk That Talk but it's actually a fun and enjoyable record.