Talk That Talk

• Release Date: Nov 21, 2011
6.9

Review this album

1. Sep 1, 2017
    This album was Rihanna at her best. One of her best eras had finished (i.e. the Loud era), and then BOOM, she returned with the career-defining We Found Love which also propelled Calvin Harris into superstardom. The singles of this album are great, Where Have You Been is definitely one of Rihanna's best singles.
  2. Oct 20, 2016
    The first time Rihanna disappointed me... and she did it too badly. Detestable album with boring and lame songs, Calvin Harris was the worst part of this joke.
  3. Aug 30, 2016
    One of the worst albums of the year thus far. It shows absolutely no artistic growth, the lyrics are elementary, and the vocals are non-existent. All in all, a terrible album. Collapse
  4. Aug 30, 2016
    Wow, Im shocked at these reviews, Not too shocked because Critics Overrate & Underrate thing all the time. Poor Rihanna, She thought she could pull off another Bâ Collapse
  5. Jun 27, 2016
    Hináriooooo maravilhoso, rainha samba mesmo, só música boa. Melhor álbum sim! Não sei pq demorei tanto pra ouvir, mas agora danço, canto, rebolo horrores amo
  6. Jun 15, 2016
    There's no denying that Rihanna is trying, and to some extent is successful. We Found Love is by far the best track on this album and one of her best songs. But you can't help but think how she has the audacity to sing a duet about doing it with her boyfriend that beat her up. That is some birthday cake that I have never heard of.
  7. May 25, 2016
    13. Do Ya Thang 65/100
    14. Fool in Love 80/100

Metascore: 82
  8. May 11, 2016
    bETTER Than i Expected............................................................................................................ But Is weak even...............................
  9. Apr 25, 2016
    This marks the sixth Rihanna's album in six years and still full of new tracks that shows her flawless capacity of impress people with some mixed genres.
  10. Apr 8, 2016
    .......................................................................................................................................................Most good that apparent.
  11. Apr 4, 2016
    ........................................................................................................................Better than i expected.........................
  12. Apr 4, 2016
    ....................................................................................................................................................Better than i expected.....
  13. Apr 4, 2016
    In the definitive review, This album is better than i thinking that was.

I Listen "We All Want Love" that I didn't even know of the existence, and "Farewell" That elevated the album from 4 pts to 5 pts...
  14. Jan 31, 2016
    O setimo album da cantora Rihanna eh um dos melhores da sua careira. com grades hits como o sucesso WE FOUND LOVE que pegou 1# por 13 semanas na Billboard...
  15. Jan 29, 2016
    AMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rainha.
  16. Jan 28, 2016
    O FEAT COM O COMPRADOR DE GRAMMYS É MUITO BOM!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALBUM PERFEITO....................................................
    QUE SAUDADES DESSA ERA......
  17. May 4, 2015
    Katy Perry bursts back onto the scene with her amazing second album that is full to the grim of the tongue-in-cheek atmosphere that got herkhkkjhjghjbnnnnn
  18. Apr 27, 2015
    Aside from a few hit singles, Talk That Talk is probably one of Rihanna's least memorable albums. It doesn't have as many infectious hooks as Loud or Rated R, but it's still a pretty enjoyable album nevertheless. I can listen to the whole thing (bonus tracks included) without wanting to skip any songs, so I have to give her credit for that. Also, her vocals are pretty fantastic here, as always.
  19. Apr 15, 2015
    A few years ago I would listen to this album almost everyday and eventually get sick of it. However, the album is a generally great effort from Rihanna. In my opinion, this was better than Loud. I like Rihanna's experimentation with different genres ("Cockiness"), while also paying homage to her original reggae style ("Watch n Learn"). There are a few slow Chris Brown Fortune-esqueA few years ago I would listen to this album almost everyday and eventually get sick of it. However, the album is a generally great effort from Rihanna. In my opinion, this was better than Loud. I like Rihanna's experimentation with different genres ("Cockiness"), while also paying homage to her original reggae style ("Watch n Learn"). There are a few slow Chris Brown Fortune-esque ballads, specifically "Farewell" (even though that album came after this one) but not enough to make this the disappointing album that Fortune was. Plus her ballads are better. There are also some repetitive dance songs, but overall, I'd have to say this is one of Rihanna's best. Grade: B. Highlights: "We All Want Love", "Drunk on Love", "Red Lipstick". Worst song: "We Found Love" Expand
  20. Dec 23, 2014
    Uma obra-prima comparado ao desastre musical chamado "Unapologetic",mas mesmo assim é muito,muito fraco um álbum ruim,porém "Unapologetic"é péssimo.
    Top 4
    Roc Me Out 100/100
    Watch n' Learn 95/100
    Farewell 55/100
  22. Dec 16, 2014
    Can be a wonderful album, good to hear, well divided, a great choice for listening at home alone or with friends.
    Highlights: Where Have You Been and Brithday Cake
    Lows: Roc Me Out and Watch N' Learn
  23. Mar 23, 2014
    It's good. It's nothing out of the ordinary, but it's still one of Rihanna's best albums. I think the best tracks are "Talk That Talk", "Red Lipstick", and "Roc Me Out."
  24. Nov 1, 2013
    She is a brand. Brand of good quality. I love "Farewell" and "We Found Love", there is no fillers at this album. However, there was a surprise for me, choosing "You da One" for single. It's catchy and solid but there are better productions like "Drunk on Love" or above-mentioned "Farewell" for instance.
    If I would have any objections, I think "Rock Me Out" is hoary old chestnut. The second "Rude Boy";)
  25. Aug 30, 2013
    Fumbling through the numbers, Talk That Talk is an identity crisis. Attempting to marry the dance-pop, urban, and ballad-leaning sides of Rihanna, it is a melting pot of goop. With production above par, the lyrics are at their worst. However, Rihanna makes the best of even goop, and delivers on each track in a way that each track feels as more than an album filler. But on an album whereFumbling through the numbers, Talk That Talk is an identity crisis. Attempting to marry the dance-pop, urban, and ballad-leaning sides of Rihanna, it is a melting pot of goop. With production above par, the lyrics are at their worst. However, Rihanna makes the best of even goop, and delivers on each track in a way that each track feels as more than an album filler. But on an album where pacing is non-existent, it caters to the cherry-picking iTunes masses. Talk That Talk simply does not work as an album. Expand
  26. Jul 5, 2013
    While "Rated R was a dark, emotional "ChrisBrownRecovery" album and "Loud" was a big, red chart-devouring machine, "Talk That Talk" didn't have it's own "personality". It's just a collection of songs that can become another #1 hit. Sorry, I should say COULD be a big hits if ti would be promoted properly. Of course I love "We Found Love" and "Where Have You Been" and I think that releasingWhile "Rated R was a dark, emotional "ChrisBrownRecovery" album and "Loud" was a big, red chart-devouring machine, "Talk That Talk" didn't have it's own "personality". It's just a collection of songs that can become another #1 hit. Sorry, I should say COULD be a big hits if ti would be promoted properly. Of course I love "We Found Love" and "Where Have You Been" and I think that releasing them was a great idea. I don't mind "You Da One". But what about "Talk That Talk", "Birthday Cake" and (Love It)"? Rihanna's bad-ass persona isn't really convincing in those songs. "Roc Me Out" and "Watch N' Learn" were better single options. Besides that, there's still a good R&B album here. Some of the highlights are: amazing Rihanna's vocals on "Drunk On Love", dark and sexy "Red Lipstick", sweet love song "Do Ya Thang", vulnerable rhapsody "Fool In Love" and a great power ballad "Farewell".

27. May 29, 2013
    Not RiRi's best album, but not her worst either. Highlights are her Calvin Harris collab 'We Found Love' and 'Where Have You Been'. It serves as a nice album overall, however, it seems like Rihanna has tried to make an album which will be commercially successful, which I don't have a problem with at all, but I think she has failed to produce enough tracks which have the potential to beNot RiRi's best album, but not her worst either. Highlights are her Calvin Harris collab 'We Found Love' and 'Where Have You Been'. It serves as a nice album overall, however, it seems like Rihanna has tried to make an album which will be commercially successful, which I don't have a problem with at all, but I think she has failed to produce enough tracks which have the potential to be successful singles, due to a lack of catchy hooks. But overall, it is an alright album, which will please her fans. Expand
  28. Mar 24, 2013
    Once More Rihanna Proves She's Still Got It!
    Every Track Is Just WOW!
  29. Mar 24, 2013
    I'm starting to doubt if Rihanna has any talent left. She started out so great and sensational, but where has all of that gone? Every song is drowned in autotune and many don't stand out very much, other than "Where Have You Been" and "We Found Love."
  30. Feb 5, 2013
    Album #6 has a nice selection of hits and gave us one of her best tracks in 'We Found Love'. It's not the perfect album and not her best from her catalogue but there is enough here to make it an enjoayble album.
  31. Dec 23, 2012
    I Loved Every Single Song Of This Album (Excluding Birthday Cake)
    She Is Improving So Much Vocally! Deserves A Grammy 100%!
  32. Nov 19, 2012
    The Bestest Album of 2012 , in my opinion. Its difersificate, and remenber the eras LOUD and RATED R. In the first time , i doesn't like **** (Track 5) And Watch N Learn (Track 10) , but now i just hate Watch N Learn. Drunk On Love, Farewell and We All Want Love SHOULD be singles. Love this album , and my note to this is 9.
  33. Nov 9, 2012
    Overall, Rihanna's 'Talk That Talk' is a fun, gritty-edged album. It is her nastiest and dirtiest, to date with lyrics like 'Ooh, I wanna f**k You, right now', 'Just because I can't kiss back/Doesn't mean you can't kiss that', 'Suck my **** lick My persuasion.' So, you get the point! It's not the type of album you wanna buy for your little ones. The Low lights of the album consists ofOverall, Rihanna's 'Talk That Talk' is a fun, gritty-edged album. It is her nastiest and dirtiest, to date with lyrics like 'Ooh, I wanna f**k You, right now', 'Just because I can't kiss back/Doesn't mean you can't kiss that', 'Suck my **** lick My persuasion.' So, you get the point! It's not the type of album you wanna buy for your little ones. The Low lights of the album consists of feeling 'rushed' and 'incomplete'... If you spin the album a few times, You'll learn to love it. Expand
  34. Nov 1, 2012
    I couldn't ever compare it to the overshadowing pop perfection that is "Good Girl Gone Bad" or her dark masterpiece "Rated R", but Rihanna puts out an album that's better than Loud. Minus the generic "We All Want Love", "Drunk on Love" and "Roc Me Out" tracks, this record is stunning - though rushed.
  35. Oct 28, 2012
    We have a Rihanna's album every year. Just like the Christmas or thanks-giving. It's a big tradition and it's impossible to not love it. Black queen of pop. Gaga cry
  36. Aug 4, 2012
    Talk That Talk sounds rushed and has a lack of creativity. The songs sound very basic and Rihanna sounds like she's tired. Talk That Talk lacks the energy that her previous albums have. The best songs are on the deluxe edition.
  37. Jul 15, 2012
    There's a difference between sexy and down right nasty/disgusting! Even if you buy this album get the edited version...my gosh she talks about her self with no respect what so ever! She can't sing, cant dance, the only thing she does properly is being a slut. There I said it...besides....we're ALL thinking it!!
  38. Jul 13, 2012
    The album is not her best album. It's good but it seems unfinished. Everything about it. Is much more sexual then any of her others. You may not want to buy it for your little daughter, if she's a Rihanna Fan.
  39. Jun 4, 2012
    I love Rihanna but this is not my favorite album of hers. Rated R was amazing and Loud did not disappoint, this fell short. It was kinda obvious it was rushed and her vocals are good but a bit untouched. Best tracks on the album are "Where Have You Been", "We Found Love" & "Drunk On Love". songs like "Farewell" and "TTT" made me done with the album. but the album as a whole is just solid.
  40. May 30, 2012
    Rewind Rihanna Loud which launched a year ago. This sixth album starts fairly unoriginal and the first three titles - even the appearance of a single with Calvin Harris - bring the listener ever so slightly turned in reflections on the very slow evolution of dance music / club, despite its large production facilities, tired by its lack of innovation. Then Jay-Z arrives and takes the sauce.Rewind Rihanna Loud which launched a year ago. This sixth album starts fairly unoriginal and the first three titles - even the appearance of a single with Calvin Harris - bring the listener ever so slightly turned in reflections on the very slow evolution of dance music / club, despite its large production facilities, tired by its lack of innovation. Then Jay-Z arrives and takes the sauce. Unlike his colleagues (BEP, Beyonce, Gaga, Katy Perry), Rihanna has the merit of having crafted a cohesive album (it's raw and it's about ass) who listen from beginning to end. Special mention for Drunk on Love, hinged on a sampling of The XX Intro. Strange hybrid that works against all odds. Expand
  41. May 23, 2012
    i really enjoy listening to Rihanna, but ever since Rated R her songs or poorly done. every song is basically a chorus.... with maybe 4 bars in between. distrubia is one of my favorite songs because it shows what she can do. don't get me wrong the songs are great but, i would like to hear more bars not just the chorus 3 times then the next song.
  42. May 20, 2012
    If I have to review this album with 2 adjectives: cheap & overproduced. The production of "Talk that talk" has been clearly rushed since Rihanna had her world tour to accomplish. The lyrics are poor (90% per cent of the tracks talk about sex)
    The quality standard definitely went down since her last album "Loud", and musically speaking Rihanna adds up nothing original. "Where Have You Been" could be a disco hit but clearly has nothing to do with the rest of the album, since it's a dancehall- electronic song, while the rest has an R&B/ Reggae print.
    I admire Rihanna and her career, but this has been her worst album.
  43. Apr 30, 2012
    Despite criticism from many people who think the whole album as if only there were songs like Birthday Cake, We Found Love and Where Have You Been, the album is not composed only of unnecessary songs and lively, it is more than that, is diversified and has enough of Rihanna. The impression he gives is that the disc is a mix of songs from the lively and tasty Loud with personal Rated R.Despite criticism from many people who think the whole album as if only there were songs like Birthday Cake, We Found Love and Where Have You Been, the album is not composed only of unnecessary songs and lively, it is more than that, is diversified and has enough of Rihanna. The impression he gives is that the disc is a mix of songs from the lively and tasty Loud with personal Rated R. Bold, understaffed, and fun. Expand
  44. Apr 7, 2012
    I'm so disappointed! I was expecting a great album like "Loud". This is Good but, not good as "Loud" or "Rated R" or "Good Girl Gone Bad"......
    Great Tracks : Farewell
    Very Good Tracks . Roc Me Out - We All Want Love - You Da One
    Good Tracks : Talk That Talk - Drunk On Love - We Found Love
    Quite Good Tracks : **** - Where Have You Been
    Bad Tracks : Watch 'n Learn
    Horrible Tracks: Birthday Cake
  45. Apr 1, 2012
    After the masterpiece she delivered with Rated R, and a not-that-bad follow up called Loud, I tought Talk That Talk may be good... It is not. She seems to explore deeper the sound she devellopped in Loud, but lost the panache it had. Some songs sound like drafts (Birthday Cake). Well, I guess I'll have to wait another year to see if she understood that it is better to release a meaningfulAfter the masterpiece she delivered with Rated R, and a not-that-bad follow up called Loud, I tought Talk That Talk may be good... It is not. She seems to explore deeper the sound she devellopped in Loud, but lost the panache it had. Some songs sound like drafts (Birthday Cake). Well, I guess I'll have to wait another year to see if she understood that it is better to release a meaningful and deep album than danceable crap. Expand
  46. Mar 30, 2012
    I expected so much more with this album . First single was amazing and then the disaster came in . Don't like the most of the songs , they are very cheap bronx - related crap x
  47. Mar 25, 2012
    I like Rihanna and I'm her fan, but i don't like this album. In "Talk That Talk" there are good songs like "We Found Love", "You da One", "Farewell", "We All Want Love" and "Drunk On Love but there are bad songs like "Where Have You Been" and "Watch n' Learn" and disgusting songs like "Cockiness" and "Birthday Cake". There isn't a concept and the biggest part of the lyrics are stupid.I like Rihanna and I'm her fan, but i don't like this album. In "Talk That Talk" there are good songs like "We Found Love", "You da One", "Farewell", "We All Want Love" and "Drunk On Love but there are bad songs like "Where Have You Been" and "Watch n' Learn" and disgusting songs like "Cockiness" and "Birthday Cake". There isn't a concept and the biggest part of the lyrics are stupid. "Loud", "Rated R" and "Good Girl Gone Bad" are really better than this. Expand
  48. Mar 24, 2012
    Just a year after LOUD Rihanna delivers yet another album. Luckily this one is slightly better than her last disappointing effort, only successful for the massive singles "Only Girl" and "S&M". "Talk that Talk" represents perfectly what pop music is nowadays, whether it is good or not. Infectious choruses, electronic beats and simple lyrics. Not as good as "Rated R" or "Good Girl GoneJust a year after LOUD Rihanna delivers yet another album. Luckily this one is slightly better than her last disappointing effort, only successful for the massive singles "Only Girl" and "S&M". "Talk that Talk" represents perfectly what pop music is nowadays, whether it is good or not. Infectious choruses, electronic beats and simple lyrics. Not as good as "Rated R" or "Good Girl Gone Bad", but I feel she is going in the right direction if she wants to be a pop princess for a long time. However it is very sad to see that this quite enjoyable music is just manufactured, and that she is not involved in the writing, composing or production at all. I fear we will never see nothing like "Fire Bomb", "Te Amo" or "The Last Song" if she continues to ignore her role as a lyricist. Most current pop stars write their songs (Adele, Lady GaGa, even Katy Perry), and that really gives them some credibility as musicians, even if the quality of their music is sometimes discussable. Rihanna should take some time off and write her own material to make an album that makes sense for her and is more than just a track list full of catchy unorganised songs. Albums like "Talk That Talk" are enjoyable, but throwaway, and she will remain as a trash pop girl, an enjoyable trash pop girl, but trashy after all, if she continues this way.

Highlights: "We Found Love", "Where Have You Been", "Red Lipstick"
  49. Mar 16, 2012
    There are fantastic songs on this album and then there are songs that feel very lackluster compared to what Rihanna can deliver on a production. With each tremendous leap there are hard falls. This album never quite finds a solid foundation to build on and plays like a collection of pop songs mashed together; some great, some good and some bad. If Talk That Talk had taken time to developThere are fantastic songs on this album and then there are songs that feel very lackluster compared to what Rihanna can deliver on a production. With each tremendous leap there are hard falls. This album never quite finds a solid foundation to build on and plays like a collection of pop songs mashed together; some great, some good and some bad. If Talk That Talk had taken time to develop over a longer period of time it would have probably come out a more solid effort similar to Loud. Its not disappointing, but it doesn't come near the standard set by Good Girl Gone Bad. Expand
  50. Mar 6, 2012
    I was very exccited for the release of this album, but was a tad bit disapointed. Highlights of the album are "You Da One", "Where have You Been", "We Found Love" and "Roc Me Out". Another highlight is "Birthday Cake", but it ends way too soon. Even though there is going to be a remix of "Birthday Cake", i would have liked to have seen the full version on the album. The slower trackI was very exccited for the release of this album, but was a tad bit disapointed. Highlights of the album are "You Da One", "Where have You Been", "We Found Love" and "Roc Me Out". Another highlight is "Birthday Cake", but it ends way too soon. Even though there is going to be a remix of "Birthday Cake", i would have liked to have seen the full version on the album. The slower track seem hastily written and produced with generic beats and sounds. It seems to be a let down from "Good Girl Gone Bad" and "Loud", but Rihanna has a special talent and I believe the fault with this record was the production team. Expand
  51. Feb 5, 2012
    Definitely disappointing. While her fans (the so called Rihanna Navy) may defend this album to death, I consider this album kind of generic and not even half as good as her other albums. However, I blame Def Jam for this mess. This album was rushed and did not have proper production -in both production and lyrical content-. I strongly believe that if it hadn't been released so early, itDefinitely disappointing. While her fans (the so called Rihanna Navy) may defend this album to death, I consider this album kind of generic and not even half as good as her other albums. However, I blame Def Jam for this mess. This album was rushed and did not have proper production -in both production and lyrical content-. I strongly believe that if it hadn't been released so early, it would have been way better. It has some amazing tracks such as 'We Found Love' -Amazing job, Calvin!- and Talk That Talk, but I've seen Rihanna do way better than this (GGGB, Rated R). Expand
  52. Feb 4, 2012
    I Bought Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition) Here Are All The Songs & Score Out Of 10
    You da One 10/10
    Where Have You Been 10/10
    We Found Love 10/10 (Best Song On The Album)
    Talk That Talk 9/10
    Red Lipstick 6/10
    Do Ya Thing 10/10
    Fool In Love 9/10
  53. Feb 3, 2012
    this album has its moments like Talk That Talk W/ Jay-Z, You Da One, We Found Love and Roc Me Out. Other songs were crap and i just wanted to stop playing the album. Rihanna needs to go back to "Rated R", & Good Girl Gone Bad
  54. Feb 1, 2012
    While I love Rihanna I was overall less then impressed with this most recent album. I enjoyed a couple songs like "Birthday Cake" and "Cockiness (Love It)", I felt that the majority of the songs were simply replicas of one another with different beats thrown into the background. All of the song lyrics are about the exact same thing....sex and dancing. While I understand that sex sells, AWhile I love Rihanna I was overall less then impressed with this most recent album. I enjoyed a couple songs like "Birthday Cake" and "Cockiness (Love It)", I felt that the majority of the songs were simply replicas of one another with different beats thrown into the background. All of the song lyrics are about the exact same thing....sex and dancing. While I understand that sex sells, A bit more variety would be appreciated on the next album. Expand
  55. FMR
    Jan 28, 2012
    Rihanna used to tour with Pop Singing Sensation Jeannie Ortega from Brooklyn which by the way, comes out with her album "Perfect Love" this Tuesday, January 31st, 2012. Highly recommed this album. Get it now online I Tunes, Amazon!!!!!
  56. Jan 18, 2012
    Another fabulous job from Rihanna, it's her third album in three years in a row. It contains many lovely songs such as "Talk That Talk", "Where Have You Been" and "Roc Me Out", with powerful beat and great music in general. Is this an evolution of a "superstar" Rihanna to a "legend" Rihanna? Maybe. But for sure it's an excellent success of her previous album "Loud".
  57. Jan 16, 2012
    Nothing that Ke$ha or DEV cannot do. Good album though despite the generic things she refused to use in her past albums. Bad vocals, non-creative lyrics. The fillers are Drunk On Love and Farewell.
  58. Jan 5, 2012
    Rihanna, like most pop artists, dabble into heavy electronic beats to make for lazy songwriting. Rihanna's past works wern't the musical opus of the 21st century, but at least they had decent hooks and a nice feel. Like the Black Eyed Peas, she's gone from a guilty pleasure to a throwaway pop act. This album should've just been called "The I've Stopped Trying Chronicals, Vol. 1". In aRihanna, like most pop artists, dabble into heavy electronic beats to make for lazy songwriting. Rihanna's past works wern't the musical opus of the 21st century, but at least they had decent hooks and a nice feel. Like the Black Eyed Peas, she's gone from a guilty pleasure to a throwaway pop act. This album should've just been called "The I've Stopped Trying Chronicals, Vol. 1". In a world where talents like Adele, Bon Iver Feist exist, why do we keep listening to Rihanna? Expand
  59. Jan 4, 2012
    Talk That Talk.Rihanna's 6th studio album.Totally rushed , meaningless pop album.Yes i agree , songs are really catchy and fun but that is not the point.MTV said this album outmuscles Femme Fatale and Born This Way.They even mentioned that this album would outsell 21 by Adele.I just laughed at that when i first read the review.
    First of all ''You Da One'' is a fun production but not a
    First of all ''You Da One'' is a fun production but not a masterpiece at all.Same tunes , silly lines.
    We Found Love is like the best song on the album.Lyrics are not good but the way that they use the dubstep is really cool.
    Where Have You Been is like the same sh*t with We Found Love.In fact they are the only 2 good songs on the album.
    Talk That Talk feat. Jay-Z is more like a classic Rihanna song but sorry - i did not like that.
    We did not even heard the full version of Birthday Cake yet so i can't say anything about it.
    We All Want Love is a nice try for ballad but no.It did not work Riri.Well the other songs don't even worth your precious time.
  60. Jan 3, 2012
    I'm sorry to say this, but this is a huge disappointment. It just wasn't a good album like her previous ones. One the positive side, she is a hit-maker, but some how she can't reach number 1 on the Billboard 200 Album Charts. Sorry, but I had no choice but to give her a bad review.
  61. Dec 29, 2011
    The new album's awesome, new kind of music for Rihanna. You Da One, Talk That Talk, We Found Love, awesome songs. Another great album from Rihanna, you can't hate on it honestly speaking. Its R&B, who hates R&B? If you hate R&B well, you'll love Talk That Talk still.
  62. Dec 28, 2011
    Pitchfork Media's review pretty much sums up my opinion on the album. We know Rihanna can be nasty, but it seems like she tries too hard. The album sounds like it's filthy, just for the sake of being filthy, with no substance. Sounds like "Watch n Learn," & "Roc Me Out" both sound like they came from an album by Trina. The album sounds like she took all of her albums, and put it together.Pitchfork Media's review pretty much sums up my opinion on the album. We know Rihanna can be nasty, but it seems like she tries too hard. The album sounds like it's filthy, just for the sake of being filthy, with no substance. Sounds like "Watch n Learn," & "Roc Me Out" both sound like they came from an album by Trina. The album sounds like she took all of her albums, and put it together. It's a good album that anyone can just get on the dance floor and dance to, however, the substance is lacking as seen from her previous albums. Expand
  63. Dec 21, 2011
    Rihanna is surely going to get everyone "Talk[ing] That Talk" with her sixth album. It is full of mid and up-tempo songs, with three ballads still present. The album opens gently with the track "You Da One". A beautiful confession to Rihanna's "Da One".A mid-tempo song, it is still easy to dance to. The stuff heats up after the sophomore track. "Where Have You Been" is a daring rhetoricalRihanna is surely going to get everyone "Talk[ing] That Talk" with her sixth album. It is full of mid and up-tempo songs, with three ballads still present. The album opens gently with the track "You Da One". A beautiful confession to Rihanna's "Da One".A mid-tempo song, it is still easy to dance to. The stuff heats up after the sophomore track. "Where Have You Been" is a daring rhetorical question. "Where" is a Calvin Harris-collaborative "let-lose" rave song that really takes you to a universe of partying. The lead single "We Found Love" is another Harris-made club-oriented track and, lyrically, a happier song then the previous one. Unlike to the opening track, "Love" describes the joy love brought to the singer and her love interest and it is an ode to those who found love when unexpected it. Things get a little darker when Jay-Z shows up for the title track. They are at the second collaboration with the Barbadian as the main artist, after the record-breaking "Umbrella". Jay-Z'r rap, even bringing a gangsta flavor to the album, is one of the worst parts of the 37:29 listening party. Rihanna shows us her dark side, reminiscent of "Rated R" era, two years ago. The "Give it to me baby" part is probably the most listenable sequence of the song. "Cockiness (Love It)" may seem an empowering song. Well, it is not. Another gangsta number, in which Rihanna ,sassy, makes the listener to "Suck her cockiness and lick her persuasion." which is a quit interesting wordplay. The "Birthday Cake" interlude is one of the album's highlights, very short thought. It opens mediocre but ends up with a "It's not even my birthday" satisfying line. The singer is totally teasing us with this track. "We All Want Love" and "Drunk on Love" are dance-able romantic tracks, getting Rihanna confessing her "hopeless romantic" side. We see a more vulnerable Rihanna, first time since the 2000s. "Roc me Out" is an urban track reminiscent of "Rude Boy". We can also notice a dark-rock shade over this track. The next track, "Watch'n'Learn" is as sexier and edgier as most of the others. With more Caribbean accents it travels us back to last November, when "Loud" was released containing "Raining Men", "What's My Name" or "Man Down". The closing number is definitely the best song on "Talk That Talk". "Farewell" is maybe the prequel to "California King Bed". Rihanna says goodbye to her lover, hoping he will make a better life somewhere else. A down-tempo rocky power ballad, it is a great ending for Rihanna's latest album. All in all, this album is worth it listening to, track-by-track containing catchy tunes and partying themes, it is clearly Rihanna's brightest to date. Expand
  64. Dec 18, 2011
    I love this album! One of the Rihanna's best! Talk that talk is much better than LOUD! Roc Me Out, Birthday Cake, Drunk On Love, We All Want Love, ****
  65. Dec 16, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. diva sambista! samba! rainha do universoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! pisa na trava nariguda feat. pintuda Expand
  66. DMB
    Dec 14, 2011
    Easily the best album of 2011! If you were to cross Rated R with Loud you would get Talk That Talk. You definitely need to get the deluxe album, the three bonus tracks are too good to miss out on!
    Favourite songs: We All Want Love, Fool In Love, We Found Love, Birthday Cake (I cannot wait for the full version of this song)
    Its better than Born this Way, greater than 4, and its a must

Its better than Born this Way, greater than 4, and its a must have! I think I still prefer Loud over TTT but its growing on me more and more with each listen.

1. Rated R
    2. Loud
    3. Talk That Talk 4. GGGB
  67. Dec 13, 2011
    this album is a step down from 'Loud', in my opinion, which had a bit more variety. 'Talk That Talk' seems rushed and reaching for a spot that it never fully hits. the only songs I really love are "We Found Love", "Drunk On Love" and "Where Have You Been". Rihanna's voice suits the techno-thumping beats. I just wish she'd stop with the sexual metaphors already.
  68. Dec 6, 2011
    Rihanna is amazing and so talented and this is by far one of her best albums along with LOUD. Keep up the amazing work Rihanna! The songs I like the most are Where Have You Been, We Found Love, You da One, Drunk on Love, We all want Love, Do ya thang, and watch n learn how. This album is unique and different from the others and I love it!
  69. Dec 4, 2011
    Does releasing an album every year hurt an artist body of work? By having another album 3 years in a row, Rihanna seems to be stretching it a little bit. It feels like a collection of b side forum his previous album, LOUD. Not too bad, but not too good either.
  70. Dec 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The album is not groundbreaking, has many elements of other albums of his career like Rated R or Loud. Calls for sexual language, but is a delight, more fun than Madonna did in Erotica. Expand
  71. Dec 4, 2011
    I really liked GGGB and Loud, but this was a huge disappointment. It was rushed, derivative and lazily produced and written. It should have been called Good Girl Gone Bad 2: Rated NC-17 since it adds so little to Rihanna's tableau. So many of Rihanna's vocals are auto-tuned and many songs sound unfinished including **** (Love It) and Birthday Cake, which was half a song! The sound is theI really liked GGGB and Loud, but this was a huge disappointment. It was rushed, derivative and lazily produced and written. It should have been called Good Girl Gone Bad 2: Rated NC-17 since it adds so little to Rihanna's tableau. So many of Rihanna's vocals are auto-tuned and many songs sound unfinished including **** (Love It) and Birthday Cake, which was half a song! The sound is the same David Guetta sound that is being done to death on the radio, and many of the slang song titles sound like she's trying to be cool. Highlights are there though, including Where Have You Been, We Found Love, We All Want Love and Drunk on Love. This album is undoubtedly rushed and a dip in standards from GGGB and Loud. Perhaps Rihanna should take a break for two or three years and take time with her next album. Expand
  72. Dec 3, 2011
    I Want that CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE.

This is Rihanna's best album. Give it to me like I want it! Talk that Talk baby!
  73. Dec 3, 2011
    After hearing Teenage Dream and Born This Way, I was expecting this album to pail in comparison, but it's just as good. Congrats to Rihanna for getting Album of the Year nods for her last album, Loud. This album is better than Loud. It's much edgier and harder. I love this album and you will too.
  74. Dec 3, 2011
    FLAWLESS. The Queen kills it yet again! Flawless! "We Found Love," "Where Have You Been" "Birthday Cake" "Cockiness" all flawless. This is easily her best album by far!
  75. Dec 3, 2011
    The record is bloody fantastic! WE FOUND LOVE is flawless and the rest of the album is just as good. No one can do what she does. It's bloody brilliant i tell you.
  76. Dec 3, 2011
    Talk That Talk is great! Rihanna brings it hard on this ghetto album. It's all over the place in the most fabulous way. She serves you up everything and all her contemporaries are put to shame. She LET'S THEM HAVE IT!
  77. Dec 3, 2011
    A great fun album. A Continuation of LOUD with a little bit of that Rated R edge thrown in there. It's weird to think that some strangerbetch from 2005 has been killing it every year! The album is sooooo good! Best songs are 'We Found Love,' 'Where Have You Been?,' and "We All Want Love." Beautiful!
  78. Dec 3, 2011
    I heard Rihanna's stans talk about this album being hot hot! So I checked it out ya know. IT'S HOT HOT. That cake cake song is hot. Fire. Thee's some pop songs. There's some ghetto as hell songs too which i love. It's a great album. BEst of the year!
  79. Dec 3, 2011
    MY GRRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RHI YOU KILT IS WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep em comin babygirl! I love this song about CAKE CAKE CAKE! OH Lord grrrl! We'll see you next November LOLLLLL!
  80. Dec 3, 2011
    So called "princess of pop" would be wise to stick to one genre, instead of multi-dipping in electronic rave from Harris, less-then-unoriginal teary ballads and reggae rhythms. I wish I could support her bipolar attempt to rule all kinds of dancefloors, but I simply don't seem to be able to follow her.
    Talk That Talk is an overproduced, shallow album with absolutely nothing ambitious and enjoyable.
  81. Dec 3, 2011
    The Album Is A Stone Winner. A Flawless Smash. Start To Finish All the Songs Are Cohesive and Brilliant. Unlike Her Contemporaries, Rihanna Is In The Legendary Lane! Can't Wait For The Next Album!
  82. Dec 3, 2011
    The album is flawless. Perfect pop in a climate when singles artists can't deliver a solid album. While Keri Hilson, Ciara, and Beyonce struggle, Rihanna delivers great singles and amazing album tracks for her fans. The album is easily her best
  83. Dec 1, 2011
    Talk That Talk see's the return of Rihanna, (Cmon its only been a year since she released big hit record, Loud) Anyway, Rihanna is determined to keep shooting hits and records from her ass, so no one gets tired or bored of her. Talk That Talk isnt much the 'If you can Talk The Talk you can Walk The Walk' type the cover art gives off (although the title track does kinda give thatTalk That Talk see's the return of Rihanna, (Cmon its only been a year since she released big hit record, Loud) Anyway, Rihanna is determined to keep shooting hits and records from her ass, so no one gets tired or bored of her. Talk That Talk isnt much the 'If you can Talk The Talk you can Walk The Walk' type the cover art gives off (although the title track does kinda give that impression.) We must say that Talk That Talk is the nastiest record from Rihanna yet, with lyrics such as 'I love it, I love it, When you eat it, Ë Expand
  84. Nov 30, 2011
    A rushed album. That's the perfect subtitle for this CD. After a satured album, 'Loud', Rihanna launches a new one after only one year. And it's not that good. Very far for the excellent work she did on 'Rated R' (her best album), she makes a techno (dumb) pop album. Nothing special to listen, the whole album seems some making-money strategy!
  85. Nov 29, 2011
    If you are someone who takes Rihanna seriously, and expects her to "develop her vocals" or "sound," then maybe you'll be disappointed because the album is pretty one-note. If you're like me, however, and have never taken Rihanna that seriously as an artist, you'll love this album for it's catchy, fun, and raunchy hits. I think it's totally successful for what it actually is, which is not aIf you are someone who takes Rihanna seriously, and expects her to "develop her vocals" or "sound," then maybe you'll be disappointed because the album is pretty one-note. If you're like me, however, and have never taken Rihanna that seriously as an artist, you'll love this album for it's catchy, fun, and raunchy hits. I think it's totally successful for what it actually is, which is not a demonstration of talent, but a compilation of sure-fire hits, great for pregaming, driving, dancing, and working out at the gym.... not for times that you're taking yourself seriously. Expand
  86. Nov 26, 2011
    A Zero may sound severe but im being honest telling you, this album is really that bad. Its superficial (in a bad way), cheesy, boring, unoriginal and unispired. Dont waste your time listening to this like i did, dont waste your money buying this sad generic album, there are hundreds of real artists who really deserve the attention and support.
  87. Nov 26, 2011
    I don't like this album!!! Too bad songs, include "We found Love". My score is 0/10.
  88. Nov 26, 2011
    Rihanna did a really great job on this album. I think that it is one of her best. She has a bit of every genre of music that she has covered so far from pop, r&b, dancehall, dubstep, etc. I also want to note that while this album does have a lot of sexual songs, that is not all there is on the album. She talks about love a lot on this album. I would say it's basically half and half loveRihanna did a really great job on this album. I think that it is one of her best. She has a bit of every genre of music that she has covered so far from pop, r&b, dancehall, dubstep, etc. I also want to note that while this album does have a lot of sexual songs, that is not all there is on the album. She talks about love a lot on this album. I would say it's basically half and half love and sex. The standout tracks on this album in my opinion would be We Found Love, Where Have You Been, We All Want Love, Drunk On Love, and the album title track Talk That Talk. I think you should purchase this album if you want something fun to listen too. Expand
  89. Nov 25, 2011
    Very unique style of music compared to other artists. She's the only one who mixed pop with Caribbean rhythm and sophisticated reggae taste. Talk that Talk is very different from her other albums in terms of its content. Songs has no catchy lyrics that you want to repeat again and again. There's nothing extraordinary in this album however it's good to listen to if you dig into it.
  90. Nov 24, 2011
    EPIC DISASTERPIECE!!!, The Only good songs are You da one, talk that & Red lipstick. Thats it :/ 2/5. Her WORSE album to date! & I thought loud was Generic :?
  91. Nov 24, 2011
    Even when it sounds generic, it's hot. Talk That Talk is unpretentious, funny and sexy (I mean SEX).

With a track like Birthday Cake being just 1:18 long, it's obvious how much they ran to put that album out in time. But what can I do if this bad girl and her team can cook an delicious album full of catchy and dirty tracks so easily? Favorite are: Where Have You Been, Red Lipstick, ****

Favorite are: Where Have You Been, Red Lipstick, **** Birthday Cake, Drunk On Love and Fool In Love.
  92. Nov 23, 2011
    Talk That talk, será que realmente pode ser considerado uma obra-prima de Rihanna? Com certeza We Found Love é uma música de sentir emoções e Where have you Been de viajaaaaar, mais ainda falta alguma coisa nesse albúm. Talvez a expectativa criada em cima dele foi maior que o esperado. SIM! Talk That TalkTalk That talk, será que realmente pode ser considerado uma obra-prima de Rihanna? Com certeza We Found Love é uma música de sentir emoções e Where have you Been de viajaaaaar, mais ainda falta alguma coisa nesse albúm. Talvez a expectativa criada em cima dele foi maior que o esperado. SIM! Talk That Talk é ótimo mais a Rihanna com seu grande porte no Mundo POP poderia fazer bem mais que isso! Albúm de Hits! Mais nao para ficar na Historia. Expand
  93. Nov 23, 2011
    I have to say every single of rihanna's CD has been a master piece and actually talk that talk is an awesome continuation to that maestry work and i will just use random letters now cause i need 150 characters and this album is just amazing sooo odnasofbiafoka.
  94. Nov 23, 2011
    At first i thought this album was a bit over produced, and too generic. If and when you do listen to it, listen carefully. The beats are all crazy, and even though most of the songs are about sexuality, there are some songs that offer empowerment. The more I listened to it, the more I feel in love with Talk That Talk. Very fancy and old school. High recommend you listen to it again if youAt first i thought this album was a bit over produced, and too generic. If and when you do listen to it, listen carefully. The beats are all crazy, and even though most of the songs are about sexuality, there are some songs that offer empowerment. The more I listened to it, the more I feel in love with Talk That Talk. Very fancy and old school. High recommend you listen to it again if you disliked it! Expand
  95. Nov 23, 2011
    Amazing album! Rih shows us all how to Talk That Talk with this album. My faves are Where Have You Been, Roc Me Out, Red Lipstick, Fool In Love, and Drunk On Love. No fillers in this album!
  96. Nov 23, 2011
    This album is absolutely amazing! Rihanna brought her A-game to the studio with this one. Talk That Talk is much better than the album's predecessor, Loud. There are so many single prospects within this album and a great bulk of those are destined to be hits. Her vocals are beyond great on songs like Farewell and Drunk On Love. The Deluxe edition contains three songs that perfectly tieThis album is absolutely amazing! Rihanna brought her A-game to the studio with this one. Talk That Talk is much better than the album's predecessor, Loud. There are so many single prospects within this album and a great bulk of those are destined to be hits. Her vocals are beyond great on songs like Farewell and Drunk On Love. The Deluxe edition contains three songs that perfectly tie together the theme and sound of Talk That Talk. This is definitely Rihanna's best album thus far. Expand
  97. Nov 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Expand
  98. Nov 23, 2011
    Another solid album from Rihanna, full of great tracks! Where Have You Been and Talk That Talk (feat Jay-Z) must be future singles! The deluxe songs also really add to the album.
  99. Nov 23, 2011
    Overall I like this album, it is mostly dance music which is what is popular now. There are a couple of songs I don't like such as **** (Love It) and Birthday Cake, but these tend to be on the shorter side. Those are the only two songs that I pretty much need to skip, the rest are either good or tolerable!! I used to not be a big fan of Rihanna, but her music is pretty fun!

1. Musically, this is pop without shame‑-her hookiest and most dance-targeted album.
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    It's sure to sell on brand recognition alone, but I doubt a series of mannered and soulless hooks are going to find much life outside of the European remix circuit.
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    It's easy to criticise Talk That Talk but it's actually a fun and enjoyable record.