Tear The World Down - We Are The Fallen
7.6

Review this album

1. Nov 7, 2011
    While not as gripping as Moody's earlier band, Evanescence, there's something about We are the Fallen that makes them addictive. Perhaps it is the rawness that comes from the lead singer's voice. Perhaps is it the way in which Evanescence had been missing from the music world for about a year due to line up changes by the time Tear the World Down came out. But with tracks like Paradigm,While not as gripping as Moody's earlier band, Evanescence, there's something about We are the Fallen that makes them addictive. Perhaps it is the rawness that comes from the lead singer's voice. Perhaps is it the way in which Evanescence had been missing from the music world for about a year due to line up changes by the time Tear the World Down came out. But with tracks like Paradigm, Sleep Well, My Angel, and Burn, it's easy to see that this band is more than a reproduction of Moody's former act. There is a new vitality brought to the styling by Simon's voice. Haunting and evocative. An Alto that suits the nu metal stylings of We are the Fallen. Collapse

1. Nothing here grabs you as immediately as "Bring Me To Life" did. Still, the group's pummeling disco-grunge version of "Like A Prayer?" Totally awesome. [May/Jun 2010, p.100]
  2. [Moody has] created a record that could have been released in 2005 instead of one that sounded just a bit like 2010.
  3. Smithson's voice shines over Moody's familiar stew of metal riffs and gothy strings. Too bad the subject matter seems cribbed from a teen's Tumblr.