Teen Dream - Beach House
7.7

Review this album

1. Oct 21, 2010
    MarkO hits the bullseye here. If the schlempkins at hot press and the guardian think Teen Dream is a 40/100 album, maybe they need to consider rating washers and dryers instead of music. This album is damn near perfect. If you like dreamy hazy pop, Teen Dream will leave you speechless. It's a Magnetic Fields meets the lighter side of Air meets Mazzy Star. Highly recommended.
  2. Nov 3, 2010
    I feel as if all the negative reviews are from those who haven't let the album sink in. This is probably my pick for the album of the year. Not nearly as dark as their last album, but plenty strange, catchy and original. This band is a valuable gem.
  3. Nov 3, 2010
    It is clear this music is not for everyone, specially mainstream ears but if you can appreciate good music you won't need me to tell you this album is good, really good. Probably a contender for best of the year, at least it's in my top 10.
  4. Oct 3, 2011
    The third LP by dream pop duo Beach House is absolutely beautiful and deserves all the attention it has gained. Show me a list of last yearâ
  5. Jul 9, 2012
    I finally understand Beach House now. Having said that, Teen Dream is a beautiful album that needs to be listened too. Each track is layered with sonic melodies and sung beautifully by Victoria Legrand who has such a lush and smooth voice. All In All, Teen Dream is a grower, at least for me, but it's absolutely needs to be listened too by anyone who appreciate artistic music. A-
  6. Apr 9, 2011
    A truly wonderful album. Their best work to date and, if it weren't for a certain Arcade Fire release, would undoubtedly be the best of 2010. 10 Mile Stereo is the highlight of the album and typifies the fine balance between ethereal and subtle struck throughout the album.
  7. Jul 2, 2013
    I listened to this album when it first came out and i loved it at the time Now ım listening it again in 2013 and my musical understanding has grown a huge amount and it made me realize that some of the music from a couple of years ago that i praised wasn't as amazing as i felt it was But this album didn't get any worse for me it actually got far more better The more i understand aboutI listened to this album when it first came out and i loved it at the time Now ım listening it again in 2013 and my musical understanding has grown a huge amount and it made me realize that some of the music from a couple of years ago that i praised wasn't as amazing as i felt it was But this album didn't get any worse for me it actually got far more better The more i understand about music the more i loved this album I can not believe that this album didn't get a universal acclaim from users it truly deserves it This is the album Beach House perfected their sound and made some of the most beautiful melodies I've ever heard One of the best albums of the century Expand
  8. Jul 29, 2011
    If u listen to this album more than once u will notice there tunes are so nice and all the songs are good so it is so easy to listen,it is the best album of beach house and one of the best of the year.
  9. Sep 9, 2011
    It's easy to take a quick listen and respond with the basics: yeah it's slow, syrupy and melancholic. Did you forget who you were listening to? Beach House has crafted their most emotional direct, lyrically challenging and honest record to date. It's strummy, honey like music with the force to break down walls. Genius stuff.
  10. Sep 17, 2011
    Hands down my favorite album of 2010, and one of my all time favorite albums. Teen Dream is a testament to the unique and beautiful style of Beach House. All I can say is congratulations VIctoria and Alex for creating such a passionate piece of art.
  11. Dec 29, 2011
    An absolutely stunning album. I first discovered Beach House as an opening act for another show about a year ago, and admittedly didn't really pay attention or appreciate this amazing band. After giving them another shot some months later, I'm so glad I did.

In Teen Dream, Legrande's focuses more on human experience and the building and breaking of relationships. Her androgynous voice still manages to captivate the listener in a wonderful, dream-esque way. Possibly one of the best albums of 2010, I'm still stunned by this album.
  12. May 5, 2012
    The Baltimore duo's strongest album. Evolving but not straying too far from their signature sound. The album initially grabs you with its gorgeous melodies but make no mistake this album is much deeper than just pretty sounds. It will take others a while for it to soak in. Either way, when you finally get there it is immensely beautiful destination. When the album stops you get aThe Baltimore duo's strongest album. Evolving but not straying too far from their signature sound. The album initially grabs you with its gorgeous melodies but make no mistake this album is much deeper than just pretty sounds. It will take others a while for it to soak in. Either way, when you finally get there it is immensely beautiful destination. When the album stops you get a feeling reminiscent of waking up from a deep peaceful dream. Expand

1. Teen Dream is kind of MOR, it would go down a treat at a dinner party, there are boring bits and the doleful DIY magic of the debut seems to have more or less run out. But it’s shot through with more than a handful of heartstoppingly wonderful moments.
    This Baltimore dream-pop duo, whose dense-fog organs, reverb-y slide guitars, and nodding harmonies feel as lush as a midnight walk in a wet garden. On their third album, those feelings now sound like actual songs, with swelling choruses and an all-encompassing ache.
  3. Teen Dream sheds the uncertainties evident in past Beach House albums--each melodic turn (and there are many) balances the force of confidence with the momentum of curiosity.