• Record Label: Zedtone
  • Release Date: Feb 7, 2012
5.5

Review this album

1. Apr 27, 2015
    "Ten$ion" is the same album that Die Antwoord has done before, they do nothing original, their music isn't art it's raunchy and the same thing over over and over.
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    South African band from Kaapstad, known for single "Enter The Ninja" - Die Antwoord with their latest "Then$ion" won't impress anyone. The CD is first too long - which only intensified the feeling that is full of useless junk - such as short hip-hop interludes like: "Bath" and "Uncle Jimmy", too childish and "sweet" for the rave - "Baby's On Fire" and some complete parody of good music -South African band from Kaapstad, known for single "Enter The Ninja" - Die Antwoord with their latest "Then$ion" won't impress anyone. The CD is first too long - which only intensified the feeling that is full of useless junk - such as short hip-hop interludes like: "Bath" and "Uncle Jimmy", too childish and "sweet" for the rave - "Baby's On Fire" and some complete parody of good music - "So What". Only on what you can pay attention are both parts of "Never Le Nkemise" - first a combination of rave and classical music, the other purely techno. Expand
  3. Sep 7, 2012
    Die Antwood lacks of inspiration and talent. Bad lyrics and production among the worst I've ever heard make this album one of the worst in the history of music.
  4. Nov 5, 2012
    I Am Normally A Pretty Nice Music Critic... But This Album Is The Worst Album Of 2012! Thats Really All I Can Say..
    Die Antwoord Fails, If I Bought This CD I Would Throw It In The Trash!
  5. Jun 8, 2012
    Definitely not as good as $O$ in terms of songwriting; if you didn't like that album (even for the lulz) then don't bother listening to this one. Most of the tracks range from completely average in every way ("Hey Sexy") to downright awful (the brosteppy opener, "Never le Nkemise 1"). Two of the tracks are also "skits" that don't really have any business being there. It's not all badDefinitely not as good as $O$ in terms of songwriting; if you didn't like that album (even for the lulz) then don't bother listening to this one. Most of the tracks range from completely average in every way ("Hey Sexy") to downright awful (the brosteppy opener, "Never le Nkemise 1"). Two of the tracks are also "skits" that don't really have any business being there. It's not all bad though. "I Fink U Freeky", "Baby's on Fire", "Fok Julle Naaiers", and "Fatty Boom Boom" are all enjoyable, catchy tracks that raise the album from being a complete waste of time to a guilty pleasure. 3.5/10, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and round that to 4, because when the tracks are good they're great. But on most of the album that's not the case. Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Most Scary And God Awfull Album Of All Time!

1. Oct 9, 2012
    The devilish duo flips dubstep, EDM, and Dr. Dre's 2001-era G-funk with nary a hitch.
  2. Feb 23, 2012
    Hi-Tek's construction of techno beats and rave stabs on the quirky I Fink U Freeky and heavy brostep on opener Never Le Nkemise just add to the nauseating concoction of trash that comprises Ten$ion.
  3. Feb 23, 2012
    Neither the downfall nor demystification of the group, the truly awful Ten$ion only further tangles the mess of questions surrounding Die Antwoord.