Tha Carter III - Lil Wayne
6.7

Review this album

1. Jun 27, 2011
    To start off, he doesn't actually rap once during this piece of sh*t album. He talks slowly and auto-tunes his voice so he doesn't sound like a retarded monkey, even though he ends up sounding like one. He should kill his dumbass manager who lets him continue making this music and then kill himself, that way nobody has to hear any of his new music.
  2. j30
    Sep 28, 2011
    I really don't understand how this guy gets so much props for this garbage (oh yeah, it's all opinion). In my opinion with all the auto-tune and (stupid) ridiculous rhymes, this album adds up to one stinky turd that'll be forgotten a couple years from now (see 50 Cent).
  3. Aug 23, 2011
    this album sucks lil wayne is inded the worst rapper alive he does not know how to rap he is one seriously one lousy lazy musician he is a waste of life lil wayne claim's he is the best rapper alive when he truly is not the best rapper he is and always will be the worst rapper alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Oct 23, 2011
    This Album Sucks. Tha Carter III Is Relying Too Much On Autotune And Beats. His Lyrics Needs A Huge Improvement. But Other Than That, The Other Albums Released In 2008 Is WAY Better Than This. I Did Not Enjoy Any Tracks On This Album Whatso Ever. Jay-Z Murdered Him On Mr. Carter.
  5. May 1, 2013
    This album is terrible the white girl that just wrote the review is mad because yall rating this stupidly he isnt the best and this album certaintly isnt either
  6. May 13, 2013
    This album was, is, and forever will be next level garbage. Its basically an album filled with him describing eating women out, and drugs. The 84 this got is pretty much the strongest case for critics reviews meaning nothing. Go listen to RAP Music by killer mike.
  7. Sep 29, 2013
    Music for uneducated youth. Filled with auto-tuned "vocals", over-produced annoying beats, and meaningless lyrical themes. How anyone can call Lil Wayne talented is beyond me. It's disgusting that music publications can take this rubbish seriously, because any serious hip-hop fan wouldn't.
  8. Oct 4, 2014
    I had high expectations for Tha Carter III as it was universally praised. To be honest, I must have overestimated the album as most of the tracks were boring and the production wasn't the best. I noticed he mentions Kanye West a few times in separate tracks, and speaking of him this album kind of sounds like Lil Wayne's version of College Dropout in a way. Lil Wayne lays down some creativeI had high expectations for Tha Carter III as it was universally praised. To be honest, I must have overestimated the album as most of the tracks were boring and the production wasn't the best. I noticed he mentions Kanye West a few times in separate tracks, and speaking of him this album kind of sounds like Lil Wayne's version of College Dropout in a way. Lil Wayne lays down some creative wordplay like usual and shows some direction but not enough to make it a great album. Expand

1. Filled with bold, entertaining wordplay and plenty of well-executed, left-field ideas, Tha Carter III should be considered as a wild, somewhat difficult child of Weezy's magnum opus in motion, one that allows the listener an exhilarating and unapologetic taste of artistic freedom.
  2. That said, it's not an instant classic, but it is the best rap album since Kanye West dropped "Graduation" last year.
  3. We should have known. If his raspy, cartoonish voice didn't mark him as different, his quick wit, offhanded wordplay and quirky subject matter should have in a genre populated largely by grim-faced imitators.