6.8

Review this album

1. Stoo
    Jul 20, 2008
    Guess what ? It's an amazing album. It's crazy controversial because it's audaciously and crazily good, and different, and it scares those who can't deal with something that is actually progressive quality music developing out of the mainstream rap they were already becoming way out of touch with. When all the reviews of an album are mostly very positive, praising its Guess what ? It's an amazing album. It's crazy controversial because it's audaciously and crazily good, and different, and it scares those who can't deal with something that is actually progressive quality music developing out of the mainstream rap they were already becoming way out of touch with. When all the reviews of an album are mostly very positive, praising its uniqueness, or reviews that give it a 0 saying "OMG THIS IS HORRENDOUS TRASH I AM PERSONALLY OFFENDED", you KNOW that there is something good going on there. every innovative artist faces the same narrow-sighted critics. Expand
  2. Feb 26, 2013
    I think Lil 'Wayne proves that you can make good rap music and at the same time cover broader musical genres. This is an album that contains the best rap mixtapes of 2007 and a good production that is pleasant to listen in any radio station.

Lil 'Wayne made ​​a radical shift in what we were used to seeing in previous rap albums that were talking about the same issues and the same beats and productions. Looking backwards, it is clear that since this album was released rappers began to make good use of auto-tune until a few years ago.

The best album of 2008 and the best of Lil 'Wayne.
  3. Dec 6, 2013
    Amazing album. Those users giving him Negatives and 0-5, really? This album shook up Hip Hop and is one of the most significant mainstream albums out there. This album is a great mainstream crossover, and features one of the greatest songs in the whole Hip Hop genre, "Dr. Carter". Those hating on this album need to remember, he's a legend and your reviews won't tarnish his legacyAmazing album. Those users giving him Negatives and 0-5, really? This album shook up Hip Hop and is one of the most significant mainstream albums out there. This album is a great mainstream crossover, and features one of the greatest songs in the whole Hip Hop genre, "Dr. Carter". Those hating on this album need to remember, he's a legend and your reviews won't tarnish his legacy whatsoever. Great job, Wayne. Hoping Carter 5 could be another classic. Expand
  4. sashaj
    Sep 6, 2008
    I was expecting good from Lil Wayne on this album considering the horrible guest appearences of him on various songs in the months prior to the release. On June 5th, a friend of mine sent me a link where I could download the album. I did, and after hearing 3 Peat and Mr. Carter I was amazed and decided that I would buy it in stores. After I bought it I thorougly listened to it and decided I was expecting good from Lil Wayne on this album considering the horrible guest appearences of him on various songs in the months prior to the release. On June 5th, a friend of mine sent me a link where I could download the album. I did, and after hearing 3 Peat and Mr. Carter I was amazed and decided that I would buy it in stores. After I bought it I thorougly listened to it and decided that this is the first album where I didn't have to skip any songs. Some might say the album did not have had a concept or a general idea but trust me it did. The general message was: All of these songs are the new Lil Wayne. Expand
  5. Aug 4, 2013
    All these people with negative reviews are simply hating on the album for the sake of hating on it. This album is a masterpiece, Lil Wayne's Magnum Opus, an album that will put Lil Wayne with the greats. The song has a great mix of emotion with songs like Shoot Me Down, and bangers like A Milli, and Pop masterpieces like Lollipop, there is something mesmerizing about the way Lil WayneAll these people with negative reviews are simply hating on the album for the sake of hating on it. This album is a masterpiece, Lil Wayne's Magnum Opus, an album that will put Lil Wayne with the greats. The song has a great mix of emotion with songs like Shoot Me Down, and bangers like A Milli, and Pop masterpieces like Lollipop, there is something mesmerizing about the way Lil Wayne flows so easily over his tracks. "Swallow my words, taste my thoughts, And if it's too nasty, spit it back at me" raps Lil Wayne on the intro, "3 Peat." This I feel is the definition of Lil Wayne's music, sharp edged words that sting and strike deep, and extreme sexual perversion to the point where it almost gets disgusting on a song like Monster." To the people that hate this album, give it an objective listen instead of judging it because it is a Lil Wayne album, this is a masterpiece. Expand
  6. Aug 13, 2014
    Absolutely the best Wayne's album ever: 16 awesome songs (Playing with Fire original) and eccellent Weezy.. Only one bad song: La La is terrible, but Tie My Hands and Dontgetit are just amazing. If you don't like this album you probably don't like hip hop music.
  7. Nov 17, 2010
    The best album of 2008. Lil Wayne shows his rap skills and out-does his singing skills. Even though with autotune, the effect has a unique way with him. Album of the year... No Doubt!
  8. Mar 19, 2014
    The single greates album released all time in the history of rap music or any genre ever. Lollipop changed rap forever. Lil Wayne is the greatest of all time
  9. JeffP
    Sep 20, 2008
    The best album I have ever heard in my life! People hate Wayne because he uses the auto-tune but he only uses it on Lollipop, Got Money and the hook of You Ain't Got Nuthin. If you REALLY listen to it, he is hands down the greatest MC to ever live, and how he took his time to come out with the album proves it. I love it.
  10. AliB
    Jun 13, 2009
    Best rap album ever. this is my favorite number 1 rap album. lil wayne is the best rapper alive.
  11. MGF.
    Aug 23, 2009
    The album was brilliant and is still a favorite listen a year after it's release. Be warned that you have to look past the radio singles of "millionare" and "lollipop" and listen to the meat of the album which lies in brilliant songs like "comfortable," "tie my hands," "Missunderstood," and "Shoot Me Down" brilliant tracks and for an age in hip hop where content has been lost, this The album was brilliant and is still a favorite listen a year after it's release. Be warned that you have to look past the radio singles of "millionare" and "lollipop" and listen to the meat of the album which lies in brilliant songs like "comfortable," "tie my hands," "Missunderstood," and "Shoot Me Down" brilliant tracks and for an age in hip hop where content has been lost, this album has plenty once you peel the layers past the songs meant to garner radio airplay. Expand
  12. RandomP.
    Sep 23, 2009
    The dyanamics are great.And btw Lil wayne is hot as it gets yo i luv it yo His voice so hot.
  13. JoeC.
    Jan 24, 2010
    This album is much better than all u people r saying how can u give this less than a 8 do u people actually listen to the albums or just hate it because of all the good reviews damn listen to this first!
  14. YeahYeah
    Jun 20, 2008
    Very good album. Wayne has shown growth with concept tracks and introspective lyrics. With an all round very good album with tracks for everybody. Wayne can do better basically cuz he gets better every year but this album shows his growth.
  15. PaulC
    Jul 16, 2008
    One of the best rap albums in years.
  16. Joe
    Jul 17, 2008
    Solid mix of lyrical swag and though provoking lyrics. Wayne delivers and with incredible sales has put Hip Hop back on top.
  17. JacobM.
    Jul 2, 2008
    This is what hip-hop needs: Creativity. I would love to see Wayne pick some new topics to tackle, but even when he says the same thing as every other rapper, he does it in a completely new way. He is way out there, and I like that.
  18. DeepA.
    Jan 30, 2009
    This is the best rap album from 2008. Nearly no filler and on an album with this many tracks, its a feat. How can anyone not like his flows? On 'Dr. Carter', he flows like a poet. Its impressive without beats and with them, he's knocked it out of the park!
  19. JesseJ
    Feb 8, 2009
    The beat production is eclectic, and Lil' Wayne adapts to all of them like a chameleon. His lyrics from this album get stuck in my head all the time!
  20. jarvist
    Jun 11, 2008
    It lived up to the hype instant classic I can't stop listening to it since I heard the leak 2 weeks before the actual release
  21. DemicoL
    Jun 12, 2008
    One of the greatest rappers of this generation! Weezy did it big with this album; he definitely deserves it. Favorite: Mr. Carter Least Favorite: Mrs. Officer
  22. MatthewC
    Jun 12, 2008
    In tha family, weezy done it again!!! He delivered this album with power, and has changed a lot, but for the best. Keep it up weezy!!!
  23. dimitriusf
    Jun 16, 2008
    This is by far one of waynes best performances widely spreading his abilities to be more than just a hardcore gangster rapper but a laid back different mellow lyricist who speaks for the people. Lil Wayne gets mad respect from me and I believe he is the best rapper out right now and this cd better go diamond.
  24. NormanY.
    Jun 17, 2008
    All-around HOT album, he could have kept the phone home song. Other than that he has stepped his game up and is all alone at the top.
  25. ArangeofJ.
    Jun 22, 2008
    What is wrong with the user's giving bad reviews on this. Wayne is in his prime , and carter 3 is an essential. The record is so broad and wayne touches on everything, every on alt. rock which Lupe failed miserable on the cool with the collab with UNKLE. Lupe completely ruined UNKLE's song and it was a mess. Wayne comes out on top when comparing carter with the cool. Cool had What is wrong with the user's giving bad reviews on this. Wayne is in his prime , and carter 3 is an essential. The record is so broad and wayne touches on everything, every on alt. rock which Lupe failed miserable on the cool with the collab with UNKLE. Lupe completely ruined UNKLE's song and it was a mess. Wayne comes out on top when comparing carter with the cool. Cool had horrible beats and lupe was all over the place and shitty production even production from fall out boy ( wtf?). Carter 3 is legit as it gets. Expand
  26. AndrewG
    Jun 23, 2008
    My favorites are the weird tracks: Phone Home, Dr. Carter, and Mrs. Officer in particular. Sorta reminds me of Dr. Octagon at points. The single-ready songs are solid as well, but the album is particularly good because of the tracks that twist things up.
  27. JamSession
    Jun 24, 2008
    A must have...it has sold well over a million, that should tell you something. The hip hop world will be taken to another plateau with this album. Lil wayne was featured in The New Yorker last year and even they agreed, he's the "best rapper alive".
  28. AlexM.
    Aug 16, 2008
    Unbeliveable the best album of the year!!!!!!!!! Some club banngers but listen to the lyrics they have meaning. Guess how many albums he sold the first week...... A Milli A Milli A Milli.$$$
  29. DS
    Jan 5, 2009
    I bought the hype and was disappointed with it at first but after listening to it a couple times I cannot stop Lil Wayne destroys so many lines.
  30. KyleZ
    Jun 11, 2008
    Instant Classic. Tracks such as A Millie and Dr. Carter really show off his lyricism and skill on the mic.

1. Filled with bold, entertaining wordplay and plenty of well-executed, left-field ideas, Tha Carter III should be considered as a wild, somewhat difficult child of Weezy's magnum opus in motion, one that allows the listener an exhilarating and unapologetic taste of artistic freedom.
  2. That said, it's not an instant classic, but it is the best rap album since Kanye West dropped "Graduation" last year.
  3. We should have known. If his raspy, cartoonish voice didn't mark him as different, his quick wit, offhanded wordplay and quirky subject matter should have in a genre populated largely by grim-faced imitators.