6.9

Review this album

1. Apr 17, 2017
    A very strong project that does lack some cohesion. That being said, the songs on there own are very good and the project is certainly worth many listens.
  2. Apr 5, 2016
    Em seu álbum de estréia, Drake exala confiança e maturidade, se mostrando a altura de outros grandes nomes do Rap. Sendo produzindo pelas editoras discográficas Young Money e Cash Money, “Thank me later” apresenta um material concreto e resoluto. Os versos explícitos de Drake são claros e sólidos, e de fato ele os pronuncia muito bem, mas por outro lado, a harmonia contida entre umasEm seu álbum de estréia, Drake exala confiança e maturidade, se mostrando a altura de outros grandes nomes do Rap. Sendo produzindo pelas editoras discográficas Young Money e Cash Money, “Thank me later” apresenta um material concreto e resoluto. Os versos explícitos de Drake são claros e sólidos, e de fato ele os pronuncia muito bem, mas por outro lado, a harmonia contida entre umas poucas faixas é involuntariamente ofuscada, e em alguns momentos se tornam tímidas e até mesmo irrelevantes. Drake por sua vez, consegue se adaptar excepcionalmente entre as transições de ritmos, e leva consigo ao decorrer do disco uma turminha de peso no cenário musical, como Jay-z, Lil Wayne, The-Dream e até mesmo Nick minaj, até então outra novata em meio a indústria, entretanto, é nas faixas “Over” e “Find your love” que o canadense mais se destaca, mesmo estando desacompanhado. Mesmo que inibido em alguns pontos, “Thank me later” consequentemente irá proporcionar aos fãs do Hip-Hop um ótimo divertimento, seja do primeiro verso até o último. (B) Expand
  3. Mar 2, 2016
    the material after awhile runs thin instead of branching off and talking about other things. hard to say this guy has singing talent. he sounds auto tuned.
  4. Jan 13, 2016
    Drake was very corny back then ahahahah some of the punchlines on here are hilarious and so are some of the love themed lyrics. Still a good album though , plus it introduced the world to a sound that is now being repeatedly copied.
  5. Sep 8, 2015
    Perhaps the most anticipated hip-hop album of the 21st century, TML was Drake's opportunity to prove to the world that he was worth the hype. This album was not perfect but proved that Drake was in fact worth that hype. TML is probably the weakest album Drake has released, but without it he would not have set himself up for improvement on Take Care & NWTS.
  6. Apr 5, 2015
    This album isn't bad but it really doesn't show Drake's talent as a rapper. This album mostly consists of songs that are just slow R&B with very few songs that show him rapping. Honestly it gets a B- from me. Highlights: "Up All Night", "Miss Me". Worst song: "Find Your Love"
  7. Mar 11, 2015
    Continuing to demonstrate the widespread effect hip hop has gained globally, Drake is the first international hip hop artist. He has a much more impressive pedigree once you peel back a layer or two. Not only does he write and co-produce a lot of his own material, he has just as much validity as a singer.....as he has with his flow.
  8. Mar 10, 2015
    Drake is so versatile and this is a good start from him as I look forward to bigger and better things from him.

Best songs:
    1. Light Up
    2. Miss Me
    3. Unforgettable
    4. The Resistance
    5. Fireworks
  9. Feb 23, 2015
    Drake has finally put a footprint in the rap industry after the release of this album. There is a perfect mix of slow, melodic beats and fast-paced jams that you can nod your head to.
  10. Jan 6, 2015
    Not half bad. The album explains how Drake feels about fame success. It's totally worth a listen. My two favorite tracks are the last two ("Find Your Love" and "Thank Me Now") because they are both extremely catchy and make a lot of sense, in my opinion.
  11. Dec 10, 2013
    Drake truly announced himself to the world. From the previews that were seen in So Far Gone, to this is a big step but I felt he was lacking something.
  12. Dec 20, 2012
    At its best, this album is mediocre. Is Drake trying to be a pop artist, or a hip hop artist? "Thank Me Later"? I can't be thankful for something I'm reasonably ungrateful for.
  13. Nov 9, 2012
    There's some deep stuff here on Drake's debut. There's also a lot of trash, probably because Lil Wayne mentored him.
  14. Mar 8, 2012
    Not the worse debut but not the best. Drake is at his best when rapping so you wouldn't expect this album by a rapper to have slow songs where he's actually singing. The writing on the album is best part about it because he is talking about his life and about how it'schanging now that he is famous. People will look back on this album and say it was better than all the other rap albums thatNot the worse debut but not the best. Drake is at his best when rapping so you wouldn't expect this album by a rapper to have slow songs where he's actually singing. The writing on the album is best part about it because he is talking about his life and about how it'schanging now that he is famous. People will look back on this album and say it was better than all the other rap albums that released in 2010. Expand
  15. Mar 3, 2012
    A Solid Debut With Phat Rhymes, Beats, And Flow And Delivery Are All It Really Takes For A MC Like Drake. But Those Rhymes Could Be Improved. And His Delivery Could Be Better As Well.
  16. Jan 27, 2012
    Money;Drugs;Sex. That's all he cares about apparently... He should learn to make some original lyrics instead of the same repetitive crap that they always have today.
  17. Nov 18, 2011
    I Made an account just to say that this album is amazing. After seeing reviews by dumb **** like CodyT giving this masterpiece a 3/10 makes me question the competence of the average human (codyT suck a big dick). Anyone else giving this a negative review you are crazy seriously if I knew you people Id beat the **** out of each one of you thats how much love I got for drake his musicI Made an account just to say that this album is amazing. After seeing reviews by dumb **** like CodyT giving this masterpiece a 3/10 makes me question the competence of the average human (codyT suck a big dick). Anyone else giving this a negative review you are crazy seriously if I knew you people Id beat the **** out of each one of you thats how much love I got for drake his music completes me, keep making that beautiful music Drake (amazing)! Expand
  18. Oct 21, 2011
    "Miss Me"
    "Shut It Down"
    "Light Up"
  19. Aug 2, 2011
    This album is a real testament to how deep of an artist drake is. You can see a real variety of sounds whether it be more upbeat rap songs like Over or Miss Me, to a more slowed down, RnB style with songs like Cece's Interlude, Fireworks, and Shut It Down. The album is great, very fun to listen all the way through, and cant wait for more from him
  20. Jul 10, 2011
    After over a year of listening to Thank Me Later I have come to the realization that this is a classic album. Though many hip-hop fans discredit his talent because of the fact that he was an actor, or because he's half white or because of how often he sings, there is no denying the impact this album will have on hip-hop's future. I'm not saying impact alone makes a classic, but I believeAfter over a year of listening to Thank Me Later I have come to the realization that this is a classic album. Though many hip-hop fans discredit his talent because of the fact that he was an actor, or because he's half white or because of how often he sings, there is no denying the impact this album will have on hip-hop's future. I'm not saying impact alone makes a classic, but I believe Drake's unique style of music will continue to influence new artists such as The Weeknd and others. The main reason Thank Me Later is a classic is the lyrical talent displayed. Drake has mastered the art of connecting to listeners in a way that few artists ever have. Songs like The Resistance and Unforgettable tell the stories of young people all around the world. Over is a perfect example of what every new artists dreams their first single will be, epic, catchy and revolutionary all at the same time. Top to bottom this album satisfies. Expand
  21. Jun 12, 2011
    This album is almost perfect. I find that most of the songs are wonderful, though occasionally you might notice the same beats in the background. This album represents, and lives up to the hype that is Drake, the lyrics are what get me, they are deep, well thought out and at times witty. Drake let's us into his mind and soul for this album, and describes the very essence of who he is. TheThis album is almost perfect. I find that most of the songs are wonderful, though occasionally you might notice the same beats in the background. This album represents, and lives up to the hype that is Drake, the lyrics are what get me, they are deep, well thought out and at times witty. Drake let's us into his mind and soul for this album, and describes the very essence of who he is. The album is good, I wouldn't say great, because a couple of the middle tracks aren't incredible, and don't fit in, but most of the songs are fabulous tunes, that fans of almost any genre can enjoy. I'm not using this argument as an excuse, but Drake himself knew the album wouldn't be perfect because Motown Records pushed him to make the album date, and wouldn't allow an extension. Expand
  22. Jun 10, 2011
    Powerful and deep. Drake's self-conscious persona mixed with addicting beats conjures up a masterful album. His singing may not be the best, but his vocals help paint a more vivid picture for the average listener. Drake does not disappoint on this album, he is a very talented rapper who is aware of the rewards and consequences of fame.
  23. May 19, 2011
    This is a good album. Really. He opens up with the incredibly emotional & fantastically worded "Fireworks (f. Alicia Keys)", and continues his flow with tracks like "Up All Night (f. Nicki Minaj)", as well as "Fancy (f. Swizz Beatz & T.I.). However, this album sinks with some of his weaker tracks, such as "The Resistance" & "Thank Me Now", which ends the album on a shaky (and annoying)This is a good album. Really. He opens up with the incredibly emotional & fantastically worded "Fireworks (f. Alicia Keys)", and continues his flow with tracks like "Up All Night (f. Nicki Minaj)", as well as "Fancy (f. Swizz Beatz & T.I.). However, this album sinks with some of his weaker tracks, such as "The Resistance" & "Thank Me Now", which ends the album on a shaky (and annoying) note. However, this album shines, and I hope he nails "Take Care" like he did with this. I also hope to see some more material like his "So Far Gone" mixtape. Key Tracks: "Fireworks (f. Alicia Keys)" "Fancy (f. T.I. & Swizz Beatz" Expand
  24. Jan 9, 2011
    I couldn't even listen to the whole album. I've heard better albums and rappers. But I'm going to give him a 3 because his singles (Over, Find Your Love) are epic.
  25. Dec 17, 2010
    Good positive debut album in my opinion from Drake. When first listening to it, i enjoyed the album and admired the talent he had. Granted there are a few tracks that arent fantastic but Drake wil only learn for the next time. However i do feel that he may need to show off his rapping more than what he showed cos he clearly has it. If he does that he will definitely earn even more respectGood positive debut album in my opinion from Drake. When first listening to it, i enjoyed the album and admired the talent he had. Granted there are a few tracks that arent fantastic but Drake wil only learn for the next time. However i do feel that he may need to show off his rapping more than what he showed cos he clearly has it. If he does that he will definitely earn even more respect than he already has. Expand
  26. Dec 16, 2010
    This is the most depressing CD I have ever heard. Considering he's Lil Wayne's protege I expected more flash and fun, but wow was I dissappointed. I don't feel sorry for this guy, stop whining so much and stop talking about being the greatest, you got a long long way to get there. Flash in the pan.
  27. Dec 11, 2010
    This album was good. I like this album but too much singing in it. This album was more rnb than hip hop. I think Drake did a great job with his first album. Really good songs. I think this is one of the best hip hop album of the year.
  28. Dec 5, 2010
    This has to be my favourite album of 2010 (beats Kanye). Drakes raps are good and 40s beats are insane. Good to see an album with a slower BPM can still dominate on todays charts. I love it!!!
  29. Nov 16, 2010
    In this album, Drake voices his opinion on fame, fortune, and women. From his strong to soft voice, to his excitement in the lyrical raps that he writes, this album shows a promised future for the X Degrassi star. I wish him all the best.

1. Given his limitations, his famous friends are a mixed benefit, because they show him up.
  2. Thank Me Later may not have been the game-changing release everyone was hoping for, but we now have every reason to believe that the hype will ring true on his next album.
  3. Because of his relatively privileged upbringing (he's from a wealthy part of Toronto), Thank Me Later is less about chronicling and rising up out of his environment (like basically every rap debut since Illmatic) and more about how Drake is uncomfortable being famous.