6.9

Review this album

1. Dec 16, 2010
    This is the most depressing CD I have ever heard. Considering he's Lil Wayne's protege I expected more flash and fun, but wow was I dissappointed. I don't feel sorry for this guy, stop whining so much and stop talking about being the greatest, you got a long long way to get there. Flash in the pan.
  2. Jan 27, 2012
    Money;Drugs;Sex. That's all he cares about apparently... He should learn to make some original lyrics instead of the same repetitive crap that they always have today.
  3. Jan 9, 2011
    I couldn't even listen to the whole album. I've heard better albums and rappers. But I'm going to give him a 3 because his singles (Over, Find Your Love) are epic.
  4. Dec 20, 2012
    At its best, this album is mediocre. Is Drake trying to be a pop artist, or a hip hop artist? "Thank Me Later"? I can't be thankful for something I'm reasonably ungrateful for.

1. Given his limitations, his famous friends are a mixed benefit, because they show him up.
  2. Thank Me Later may not have been the game-changing release everyone was hoping for, but we now have every reason to believe that the hype will ring true on his next album.
  3. Because of his relatively privileged upbringing (he's from a wealthy part of Toronto), Thank Me Later is less about chronicling and rising up out of his environment (like basically every rap debut since Illmatic) and more about how Drake is uncomfortable being famous.