The 20/20 Experience - Justin Timberlake
8.0

Review this album

1. Mar 22, 2013
    First let me say I am a big JT fan. After 7 years i was expecting something that would blow me away but apart from the obviously excellent production values, the vast majority of the album is middling R&B.
    I was actually laughing at the banality of some of the Lyrics. Apart from the last song there was not a single track that made me want to actually get up and dance. I don't see where
    the hits are going to come from apart from the last track. Well produced but safe and boring R&B. Perhaps the happy married life has robbed him of the sexy, funky, creative edge his previous albums were known for. Romantic, bland mush that I can only imagine would be popular with suburban white girls who claim to love R&B Expand
  2. Mar 19, 2013
    After 7 years, the songs sound too familiar. Timbaland's production really hasn't changed much. Justin maybe growing as an artist, but his songs are not what I expected after the long wait between albums. You can see his focus is more on being an Actor now.

The songs are way too long. It worked on the Future Sex/ Love Sounds album since they were technically two songs. On 20/20, the end
    of certain songs felt unnecessarily extended. Lyrics are quite poor for a veteran of pop songs. Some lyrics just don't work with what he's trying to portray, but I understand this will album will be universally accepted since we need some Pop 'savior'. Expand
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    By the fourth song, I began to question why in the world I would listen to this.

Timberlake's voice is flawless, don't get me wrong; he's got a very smooth voice that goes well into the R&B genre of the industry, silky and warm. It's also good making general pop music too, so there is a hint of diversity. And some of the background instrumental is nice too, kinda like a dream in some
    cases.

However, that's all that can be said of this album. The production falls flat and becomes questionable right from the very start. The songs drag on for longer than they need too, considering the lyricism is lacking in any general depth or meaning and the instrumentals don't do any justice. And at 70 minutes long, it DRAGS. I don't mind the fact that people would like this album, I really don't. It sounds nice, sometimes; the fact of the matter is is that there's nothing to it. Nothing on this album has any substance whatsoever, and it's easier to listen to nails on a chalkboard for five minutes than over an hour of this.
  4. Mar 24, 2013
    Very Bland, And Boring... It' Time For Timberlake To Retire In The Music Buisness
  5. Apr 4, 2013
    O CD não ficou muito ruim, mais na minha opinião JT esqueceu que estamos em 2013, a capa do album nos remete a algo novo um "Experience", mas a realidade que todas músicas soam iguais.
    Suit & Tie (ft. Jay-Z) foi escolhida como primeiro single, porque realmente a melhor música do álbum, a minha impressão foi a de estar ouvindo "FutureSex/LoveSounds" do próprio Justin, Será que acabou o
    reinado do príncipe do Pop? Expand
  6. Aug 8, 2013
    Dear Justin, I think you already released this album back in 2006, except that the songs were 4 min shorter and didn't drag. The 20/20 is nothing but an unbearable DRAG and defo not a sexy back. Quite unsexy, actually. Thank God for Spotify, didn’t have to waste money on this.
  7. Jun 20, 2014
    Tanta espera por um album com apenas uma boa música???
    Não consigo entender por que dizem que ele é o novo Rei Do Pop,ele ta mais pra Mais Um Querendo A Coroa.

1. This is the kind of record where everyone will have different favorite song, where what someone calls dull or overlong or indulgent will resonate perfectly with someone else, depending on that listener’s past musical tastes and experiences.
  2. May 6, 2013
    The result would be encyclopedia-thumbing pastiche if it weren’t all so carefully curated, and if the production wasn’t so intricately, lavishly produced that as each track stretches into the fifth or sixth or eighth minute it was not still revealing permutations, secrets, strange little surprises.
  3. Apr 17, 2013
    While it may be a little overlong at nearly an hour and a half, there are influences from 40-odd years of pop music expertly melted together by a master craftsman to create an album of consistently brilliant songs.