8.3

Review this album

1. Nov 28, 2011
    Amazing album. For me it was very memorable, especially lyrically; Dustin keeps writing amazing lyrics that just blow my mind over and over again with every piece they release.
    The hiatus they just announced was truly devastating for me...
  2. Dec 5, 2011
    I do not believe that Fire and Water is Thrice's best album but its definately no Vheissu. That said, It doesnt deserve the absurdly low rating it has. The fire section of the album is strong and.... explosive, as fire should be; but the album glows on the water section. Digital sea and The Whaler makes are different from anything i've heard before in my life and are both held in highI do not believe that Fire and Water is Thrice's best album but its definately no Vheissu. That said, It doesnt deserve the absurdly low rating it has. The fire section of the album is strong and.... explosive, as fire should be; but the album glows on the water section. Digital sea and The Whaler makes are different from anything i've heard before in my life and are both held in high regard. Alchemy index suffers because of the friction created from the 2 different types of sounds used but music lovers of any kind should at least like the water section. Expand
  3. Jun 27, 2013
    Exceptional. Conceptually sound, strongly written, tightly preformed. While perhaps not of the same accessibility of its 'Earth/Air' sibling, this is one of the strange and wonderful instances of a concept album coming out in spades.

1. Together Fire and Water form one of the most breathtaking albums of the year. [Nov 2007, p.166]
  2. This smart and fascinating album could use some subtlety, rather than bashing the concepts into the earth.
  3. The cleaving of The Alchemy Index into awkward chunks of opera violates a fundamental rule of prog rock: Go all the way out, or don't go at all.