7.1

Review this album

1. JasonD.
    May 23, 2001
    If you skip the David Gray track at the end, it's not so bad... but it reminds me too much of the other Orbital album I'm not too fond of (Snivilization).
  2. qq
    Jul 11, 2001
    It's never exciting or surprising. It's bland and boring. The previous album and Sniv are so much nicer.
  3. MacM
    Sep 28, 2003
    Orbital do 3 1/2 minute commercial pop choons. About as deft a move as Dido being edgy. The Altogether as a DVD works as a fun thing to play with but the album should be largely ignored in favour of In Sides and pretty much everything else they've done up to this point.
  4. RanmaC
    Dec 29, 2002
    Except for the boring David Gray song (which has excelent remixes on their singles), this is one of the liveliest orbital albums. Finally Americans in cities other than Los Angelos and New York get to hear Dr. Who. Meltdown may be my favorite Orbital song, although the 11 minute CD version USA is stuck with is not as fun as the 20+ minute 5.1 surround version on the DVD (only released in Except for the boring David Gray song (which has excelent remixes on their singles), this is one of the liveliest orbital albums. Finally Americans in cities other than Los Angelos and New York get to hear Dr. Who. Meltdown may be my favorite Orbital song, although the 11 minute CD version USA is stuck with is not as fun as the 20+ minute 5.1 surround version on the DVD (only released in the UK, and worth the purchase of a Region free DVD player). I would have to say that I prefer the brown album and Insides, but this is by far the best CD I bought last year. (And the best DVD too.) Expand
  5. May 4, 2015
    An excellent album... "Funny Break (One is Enough)", "Doctor?" and "Tension" are the best tracks from the album, the high-light of Orbital discography

Their grooves can sometimes roll on as if unattended -- which is fine for living-room techno, but not for the pop songs they're trying to emulate. [Jun/Jul 2001, p.114]
  2. 'The Altogether' adds weight to the increasing suspicion that Orbital's best work is, like their hairlines, behind them.
    The Altogether is, all stated evidence to the contrary, a remarkable work. Why? Because it is the product of two brothers who, understanding that they can kid neither the audience nor themselves, mapped a musical course based on their root love -- musical energy -- and never strayed. [Sep 2001, p.147]