7.0

Review this album

1. Shane
    Jul 7, 2003
    It's a good CD. That's about all I have to say.
  2. IvarJ
    Aug 30, 2003
    Hey, it's the sun and those melodies make me cry.
  3. starcat
    Feb 25, 2004
    This album is fun, it makes me laugh. Sometimes at it, but that's because I hate the Sun. Damned Sun.
  4. Nickp
    May 1, 2006
    yeah the lyrics are crap (as with almost all t pop music) but this is somwhat interesting musically
  5. Starfox
    Jun 24, 2003
    It is IMPOSSIBLE to be sad or angry, depressed or even melancholy while listening to this album. It makes you want to jump on your roof and shout to the world. You'll never feel so in love with the sunshine as you do here. The lyrics to each song kind of say the same thing, but it's certainly forgivable. A great concept taken to it's fullest degree. Really cool web site too!
  6. BobH
    Jul 11, 2005
    Listening to the whole thing at once is a bit too much. But despite it being very (almost overly) sweet, it's a charming piece of work. Not all songs have to have huge amounts of meaning-sometimes they're just mindless fun. P.S. It's Barney, not Barnie. Just so you get your insult right.
  7. Two-LaneBlacktop
    Dec 19, 2003
    A little hippy-dippy, but irresistably fun and joyous. I don't think the Polyphonic Spree mind if you laugh at them or with them, as long as you're laughing.

1. Your new favourite record.
  2. Q Magazine
    There's the humanist warmth and simple joy that you hear in The Beach Boys or The Flaming Lips at their best. [Nov 2002, p.114]
  3. Mojo
    Their pop peaks sound like an ecstatic communion of Mercury Rev, ELO and the cast of Hair. [Oct 2002, p.110]