Review this album

1. Nickp
    May 1, 2006
    yeah the lyrics are crap (as with almost all t pop music) but this is somwhat interesting musically
  2. BobH
    Jul 11, 2005
    Listening to the whole thing at once is a bit too much. But despite it being very (almost overly) sweet, it's a charming piece of work. Not all songs have to have huge amounts of meaning-sometimes they're just mindless fun. P.S. It's Barney, not Barnie. Just so you get your insult right.
  3. BrandonS.
    Jul 29, 2004
    Hey Ryan, what connection do you have with Dan Smith just wondering. I don't see how these guys are a ripoff, but I would much rather listen to Danielson Fam.
  4. RyanP
    Mar 9, 2004
    for those who havent figured it out already......can you say danielson famile rip off? granted im biased due to a personal connection with Dan Smith but he should be given the admiration for inspiring this heap of crap!
  5. starcat
    Feb 25, 2004
    This album is fun, it makes me laugh. Sometimes at it, but that's because I hate the Sun. Damned Sun.
  6. BillD
    Dec 30, 2003
    Are you kidding? This is entertainment? Am I the only one who agrees with Pete B? The Spree is Barnie for adults... actually - thats an insult to Barnie
  7. Two-LaneBlacktop
    Dec 19, 2003
    A little hippy-dippy, but irresistably fun and joyous. I don't think the Polyphonic Spree mind if you laugh at them or with them, as long as you're laughing.
  8. CarolJ
    Oct 22, 2003
    This band makes a mockery of what they pretend to represent. Tim Delaughter needs to watch his ego before the entire world finds out what a joke him and his band is. He has treated many people badly on the rise to his fame. There is no sunshine in his parade.
  9. IvarJ
    Aug 30, 2003
    Hey, it's the sun and those melodies make me cry.
  10. Shane
    Jul 7, 2003
    It's a good CD. That's about all I have to say.
  11. Starfox
    Jun 24, 2003
    It is IMPOSSIBLE to be sad or angry, depressed or even melancholy while listening to this album. It makes you want to jump on your roof and shout to the world. You'll never feel so in love with the sunshine as you do here. The lyrics to each song kind of say the same thing, but it's certainly forgivable. A great concept taken to it's fullest degree. Really cool web site too!
  12. PeteB
    Jun 23, 2003
    This stinking piece pile of dog poo has the distinction of being the only CD, or tape, or l.p that I have ever returned to the shop. Don't believe the hype.

1. Your new favourite record.
  2. Q Magazine
    There's the humanist warmth and simple joy that you hear in The Beach Boys or The Flaming Lips at their best. [Nov 2002, p.114]
  3. Mojo
    Their pop peaks sound like an ecstatic communion of Mercury Rev, ELO and the cast of Hair. [Oct 2002, p.110]