8.3

Review this album

1. May 10, 2013
    travis is always great band!!!!!!!!!!! it's shame that they are not known like coldplay or radiohead but the actually they're of free bands who prefer artistry rather than sales and fame..........
  2. Dec 8, 2013
    This is crazy... I did not like Travis till this album, for my taste as a musician that I am, they were good... but depressing. This album comes, (except for the first song), in a happy, optimistic, well played and inspired way. For all that say that it sounds like classic Travis believe me, it doesn't. Good mood pretty much go from Selfish Jean to New Amsterdam, they are (thank god)This is crazy... I did not like Travis till this album, for my taste as a musician that I am, they were good... but depressing. This album comes, (except for the first song), in a happy, optimistic, well played and inspired way. For all that say that it sounds like classic Travis believe me, it doesn't. Good mood pretty much go from Selfish Jean to New Amsterdam, they are (thank god) downs too in this album, but it is pretty much very fun to listen to. If you like the depressing part of Travis this is probably not the album for you. Now I can look back and listen to the "old" stuff and love it too, pretty much I understand the sad part of Travis in an artistic way. Expand

1. Travis has taken the last four years to square their sunnier sound with their darker one. The Boy With No Name pulls this off without seeming overly planned or calculated. [#17, p.87]
  2. Overall, The Boy With No Name has just enough personality to remind imitators like Coldplay and Keane from whence they came. [Jun 2007, p.151]
  3. There are plenty more wishy-washy guitar tunes present like the drippy, tambourine laced Battleships, the wheezing Out in Space and the sub-danger of Eyes Wide Open; all riddled with Fran Healy's girlish croon. Spare us.