• Record Label: Daptone
  • Release Date: Aug 10, 2010

Review this album

1. Oct 13, 2010
    Great instrumental album. Every song is good, and not a single one disappoints. I hadn't heard of this group until I saw this album on here, and now I own all of their stuff.
  2. Aug 12, 2010
    This album is a great instrumental album. Would do great on any level. I am shocked how they recorded the album within a 48 hour period. This is amazing
  3. Aug 21, 2010
    Fantastic grooves, cinematic and not one track that disappoints. I would be surprised if someone Clooney and the boys didn't use it as the Soundtrack to possibly the next Oceans 14?
  4. Nov 8, 2010
    Great stuff considering the time they took to create it! Definitely soundtrack material and has hints of Average White band, Swingers Soundtrack kind of material. Invest now.

1. Uncut
    With martial trumpets, cheap-sounding Farfisa organs and raspy baritone saxes, there are certainly nods toward Ethiopiques legends like Mulatu Astatke or the Wallas Band, tracks like "Rite Of The Ancients" and "Golden Dunes" add a rugged garage rock, and riff-based funk of "Black Venom" has a breakbeat that's just begging to be sampled by a bright hip hop producer. [Nov 2010, p.83]
  2. Whoever has the spotlight at any given point, III is The Budos Band's most confident-sounding album, like a soundtrack to a Shaft In Africa if it were actually made in Africa.
  3. This third chapter in the Budos Band's legacy is a giant step forward. That said, for band and listener alike, nothing is lost in this gambit; everything just gets deeper and wider and the payoff is nearly immeasurable.