• Record Label: J
  • Release Date: Dec 15, 2009
7.7

Review this album

1. May 28, 2013
    A masterpiece, what a outstanding album, the songs are sung amazing, alicia is very talented, my favorite songs are put in a love song, doesn't mean anything, try sleeping with a broken heart and empire state of mind part 2 broken down.
  2. Oct 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG. Just can't believe. This is so emotional. I love this album, i think this is her best album... Freedom, no one can sing like her whit all her passion and hope! i love her. Expand
  3. Aug 11, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As an album The Element Of Freedom it's not great but has some perfect musics. In my opinion LOVE IS BLIND, TRY SLEEPING WITH A BROKEN HEART and UN-THINKABLE (I'M READY) are perfect songs, that can balance some duds like Love is my disease, Like the sea and This bed. Expand
  4. ChrisL.
    Dec 21, 2009
    An excellent offering from Ms Keys. She never fails to impress. Adore every song with exception of "Put It In A Love Song".
  5. aSmash
    Dec 16, 2009
    Perfect album. In the realm of Illmatic, The Blueprint, and Aquemini.
  6. FilipeF.
    Dec 16, 2009
    The sound and feeling of the album are just perfect. Probably her better CD, but I´m sure Alicia Keys can do better.
  7. MaxS.
    Dec 16, 2009
    great, different, beautiful. that is all i can say.
  8. TristanL.
    Dec 16, 2009
    Perfect. Amazing album. Love her!
  9. TelmoC.
    Dec 15, 2009
    New sound. This is a very good album.

1. Jan 14, 2011
    In most of these dozen tracks (not including a ponderous intro regarding the necessity of risk and a slow-jam sequel to Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind") Keys seems uninterested in breaking new ground, snooze-controlling her way through a series of familiar piano-soul platitude.
  2. It's far from a shock but definitely a disappointment to watch Ms. Trained Pianist survey her branding options and choose the bland card over the brains card.
  3. After so many highlights, the duds feel inconsequential, easily bypassed. Only when Keys panders to Top 40 radio does the album truly stumble, sounding like a hodgepodge of transparent ideas.