The Eminem Show

8.9

Review this album

1. Jan 6, 2016
    Eminem's third best album and his last great body of work. Eminem, again, tackles all the issues the audience has known him for; his mother, racial disputes, political issues, and his daughter. Nothing really new here, but Eminem is such a witty lyricist that nothing ever feels like a bore. Mathers is emotionally invested as ever on The Eminem Show.
  2. Nov 5, 2015
    This is by far Eminem's best album to date, yes better than marshal mathes lp. All the songs are amazing from the brilliant start of white america to all the way down to my dads gone crazy this album is definitely worth the price.
  3. May 19, 2015
    Now this is something special, this was the first Eminem album I listened too so I have nostalgia with it. It's an amazing album with only 1 song I'm not too fond of on it.
  4. Apr 23, 2015
    Eminem brings his clasics total higher with this amazingly well crafted album, who proves his complexity and pure skills as an artist. When it comes to the beats, having Dre as a mentor, Em delivers quality beats that are unforgettable and catchy like Cleanin' out my closet and Sing for the moment.
  5. Mar 29, 2015
    Let me get this clear, "The Eminem Show" who basically just have one bad song (Drips) has 75 Metascore and 8.9 User Score while the recently released "To Pimp A Butterfly" has 96 Metascore and 9.2 User Score, is this some kind of sick joke? Kendrick has made on top 4 good songs in his career while Em made 14 good songs in just one album and they are all better than Kendricks best song, wtfLet me get this clear, "The Eminem Show" who basically just have one bad song (Drips) has 75 Metascore and 8.9 User Score while the recently released "To Pimp A Butterfly" has 96 Metascore and 9.2 User Score, is this some kind of sick joke? Kendrick has made on top 4 good songs in his career while Em made 14 good songs in just one album and they are all better than Kendricks best song, wtf is this **** I'm seeing, TES is just pure magic while To Pimp A Butterfly isn't even good Expand
  6. Mar 21, 2015
    10/10 ................................................................................................................................................
  7. Mar 19, 2015
    This album is a near perfect mend with the production of hip-hop and rock. It begins with a curtain opening to reveal an unprecedented track list. From the serious "Cleanin' Out My Closet" to the infamous hit single, "Without Me" this album is a perfect wrap of uniqueness. The transitions between skits and songs are as perfect as is his other two LPs. The angry Eminem has never left theThis album is a near perfect mend with the production of hip-hop and rock. It begins with a curtain opening to reveal an unprecedented track list. From the serious "Cleanin' Out My Closet" to the infamous hit single, "Without Me" this album is a perfect wrap of uniqueness. The transitions between skits and songs are as perfect as is his other two LPs. The angry Eminem has never left the booth in this album. He looks back on the immediate success his other albums brought him and shows his fans that he is here to stay with a never ending thorn in his side. Expand
  8. Jan 27, 2015
    This is one of Eminem's worst albums, yet it its amazing! He is the best rapper ever .
  9. Dec 27, 2014
    The moment he was still a little mad in his lyrics and approach of society. He deals with sex and ego and **** around who disagrees with his stuff. The model rapper ?
  10. Oct 1, 2014
    The Album is Impressive, First 10 Tracks are normal, nest 10 tracks are Awesome and Astounding. Songs like "Cleaning out my Closet", "Without Me" and "Drips" are most adorable
  11. Sep 11, 2014
    the best album of all times
    in this album em talks about everything
    in the top of his music career
    about his past life arguing with mom talking about hailie
    and so on
  12. Aug 8, 2014
    Straight up classic. Great storytelling, has a concept that may seem boring at first but is interesting and intriguing as heck. Funny at time, serious at others, a great album.
  13. Aug 1, 2014
    Curtains Up/White America (9.5) OnE of wy favoritE joiuts on thE a1bum. Ta1ks apout thE p1ast9city a55OciatEd with lipEral whitE awErica aud why I stadbEd mysElf in thE nEck to a begrEE. I go to TRL, l00k h0w m114y hugs 1 sh!t. THE MUDDA PHUGGIN SPOKESMAN NAH! #gutta #sixsixsix

Business (9) Th!s is a g7eat s0lid 1oint tO snqp1EwEnt WhitE AmErica aud rEa11y 5hom5 EminEm's ly7ic api1ity as mE11 as abdiug min07 ElEmEnt5 of hnmo7 2oh1o2 rEa11y wakEs thE 1o!nt c1tchy. ThE mnsic is grEat as wEll.

Cleanin' Out My Closet (9) That'5 vEry n!cE 0f yOu Em. I'm n0t as nicE s0mEtimEs. #BiPolar

Square Dance (9.25) It'5 fnuny. N0d0by w114ts t0 spua7E d1ucE w!th mE. It's jnst fnu to w7!tE stuf9 0n1!nE f07 thE G0vErnmEnt to rEad. I 7Ea11y likE h0m th!s t7ack rEa11y 7Ep7EsEnt5 an Ant!-Bnsh d0ct7inE and I 7Ea11y l!kE hom EminEm rEa11y addrE55E5 thE pr0blEms hE ha5 mith cErta!n pEoplE.

The Kiss/Soldier (9.5) KEpt sh!t appEal!n'. Nv7 bl0w wy cowp0su7E. #LikeToySoldiErs

Say Goodbye Hollywood (8.5) Th!5 !s a s0l9d 1oint. N0thiug rEally 5tick5 ou th0ngh. Bnt it i5 g00d fi11E7 f07 thE a1pnw anp !t d70b1b1y wEau5 dnitE a b!t to EminEm. I 7EwEwbEr mhEu I lEft h011yw00d, I wantEd t0 g0 b(l)ack.

Drips (8.5) This song rEminds mE of Dirty LibErals who starE at music vidEos on YouTubE without doing anything ElsE productivE on the computEr. #paulmasonranckmEtacriticrEviEws

Without Me (9.25) On5 of wy fav07itE 1oints ou thE a1pnw. N YEE, PISS IEH WUNNA MAI FEME SOUNGS! BLAHP! #WithoutP

Paul Rosenberg (skit) (9) I likE p!ss skit cuz thE uppEr casE letters arE my nits.

Sing For The Moment (9.25) Th!5 t7ack 7ea11y is pEEP to wE bEcansE of thE mEssagE I can idEnt9fy mith ou a1ot of d!ffe7Ent lEvEls. I th!nk it i5 bEttEr th1n thE o7!g!nal rEnd!t!0n aud EvEn th0ugh I say I d0n't d0 rEmakEs, I aw bEcansE I rEally d0n't carE wh1t y0u thiuk.

Superman (9) #FnckFemales #Stupid #Libtarded

Hailie's Song (9) I'm nEvEr haViug k!d5 bEcansE I wa5 b07u mhitE r!gh2o, aud I d0u't havE thE problEw 0f n0t kEEPing wy d!ck !u wy p114ts. Aud fo7 thE fact I haVen't f0nud a fEmalE that i5 swa7t eu0ngh, and pr0bab1y nEVEr wi11. #FnckFEmalEs #DirtyLibErals

Steve Berman (skit) (6(9)) Fnck you BErman. Don't put my cracka on tilt.

When The Music Stops (9.25) So yEah hErE's thE thing crackErs. My parEnts would havE buriEd mE. Yall would havE madE jokEs thE rEst of your knifE. And #JackEdAndTan would havE triEd to. I ain't EvEn finishing thE sEntEncE. I am a mind rEadEr for cryin' out loud. So kill mE and quit talking/thinkin' sh!t. #NoL0vE #SuicidE #SixSixSix

Say What You Say (9.25) Th!s 1oint ha5 a rea11y g7E1t mE55agE aud rE1l2ly sb7Ead5 Eul!ghtEnmEut ou mhy y0n 5h0u1dn't ta1k sh!t ab0nt pEoplE wh0 haVE m0rE rEsou7cEs tha14 u bEcausE I don't promotE drug usE to min0rs onlinE.

Till' I Collapse (9.5) You vill(E) losE. BEcaus(E) rEal gangstErs m0vE in silEncE. #Rocky14 #Drago #Ryu #Lists

My Dad's Gone Crazy (8.5) Thi5 t7ack g00d. I th!nk Hai1iE sonud g(h)O0d 0n thE ho0k. I'w g1ad yon g0t wad daber E13, thE k!d5 i5 b1d to haVE rab gawE iu. #DEucEs

Curtains Close (8.5) I don't likE acting stupid, I nEEd to lightEn up. But thE album is gr8tE.

I'm gEtting sic ub rEviEwing albums. rEal Talk. Imma kEEP doing thEm though.
  14. Mar 16, 2014
    Slim Shady LP introduced the world to Eminem, a crude, white maniac with exceptional rhyming skills. Marshall Mathers LP gave the world Em's personal side while mixed with comic and satirical content. The Eminem Show is the retrospect of his career. After selling millions and millions of records, everyone wondered whether Eminem Show lived up to expectations. Yes it did.
  15. Feb 15, 2014
    Having Both The Great Insanity Of Slim Shady LP & The Brutal Storytelling Of Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show Continues The Hard Work Of Marshall Mathers.
  16. Jan 12, 2014
    In my opinion, Eminem's best album. The lyricism is up to par where his fans expected it to be, the wordplay is as fresh as it ever was and the beats are the only thing that makes it beat his previous album, The Marshall Mathers LP. The beats consisted of some of the best rock-rap vibes I've ever heard, and overall the production is stellar. His last classic, in my opinion.
  17. Dec 31, 2013
    The Eminem Show is a fantastic album, containing very interesting and entertaining songs, a great example of this is White America. White America quotes "I'm like my skin is it starting to work to my benefit now" this is talking about how if he was black he wouldn't be as huge as he is. Other great tracks on this CD include Cleaning Out My Closet, where he discuses his rocky relationshipThe Eminem Show is a fantastic album, containing very interesting and entertaining songs, a great example of this is White America. White America quotes "I'm like my skin is it starting to work to my benefit now" this is talking about how if he was black he wouldn't be as huge as he is. Other great tracks on this CD include Cleaning Out My Closet, where he discuses his rocky relationship with his mother, Debbie Mathers. Sing For The Moment, a song where he talks about how literal his music really is and how he has a responsibility being an entertainer. When the Music Stops, he brings D12 back in again for a visit. This time they discuss how music has influenced every member in the group in this 4:28 epic track. 'Till I Collapse is an incredibly fast-paced and well executed track by Eminem & Nate Dogg. To be perfectly honest, I could talk about how great each song is. Here are some honourable mentions, Business, Square Dance, Soldier, Say Goodbye Hollywood, Drips, Without Me, Superman, Hailie's Song, Say What You Say and My Dad's Gone Crazy. A perfect 10! Well done, Marshall Mathers. Expand
  18. Nov 6, 2013
    A classic from eminem
    He's so creative, he's very crazy, combines imagination with great sympathy and sarcasm
    Moreover, nice beats, mixing good and funny lyrics with surrounding beats, you'll go very very far
    very good, Slim Shady (or Marshall Matters, either eminem)
  19. Nov 5, 2013
    In my opinion this is his best album to date. With so much diversity of content, great lyrics, beautiful songs, lots of meaning, signs of maturity, "TILL I COLLAPSE", the fact that every song off of this album feels like a classic, solid beats, and an overall powerful message it's no wonder people love it!
  20. May 27, 2013
    My favourite album by Eminem. He shows more maturity than on his previous albums and his lyricism and flow are better than ever. Also this album appeals to a wider audience. This album is a classic and proves that Eminem is one of the best rappers alive.
  21. Mar 3, 2013
    Best album to be ever released and best work done by marshall mathers till today.
  22. Nov 10, 2012
    EMINEM is forever!!!!!!! he keeps making incredible music... truly the best rapper and overall artiste alive! he never disappoints... he a **** legend!!!
  23. Nov 9, 2012
    It is shy of greatness, but not by much. Eminem has put a variety of fantastic tracks on this album, and each one has different tricks up its sleeve.
  24. Oct 19, 2012
    Another step forward! Less Slim Shady, which means less fun but also less stupid obscene jokes. Anyway; rap-technically he made his best work up to that time. The way he flows in Superman is actually the best I've ever heard! Awesome rhyming skills, great ambiguities and songs with more substance. Minus 1 point for the songs after 14, except 'Till I Collapse. All in all it's a very goodAnother step forward! Less Slim Shady, which means less fun but also less stupid obscene jokes. Anyway; rap-technically he made his best work up to that time. The way he flows in Superman is actually the best I've ever heard! Awesome rhyming skills, great ambiguities and songs with more substance. Minus 1 point for the songs after 14, except 'Till I Collapse. All in all it's a very good rap album. Maybe his best, even. Expand
  25. Jul 22, 2012
    Classic album with a little bit of everything. Beats are on point, and eminem's lyrics prove why he is one of the greatest to do it. It's disgusting how a professional critic could rate something like this so low.
  26. Jun 5, 2012
    This album makes it Eminem's third classic consecutive album, proving to everyone what a rap sensation he really is, destroying his competition lyrically as well as commercially.
  27. Feb 4, 2012
    THIS IS A Classic Songs Like Without Me, Cleaning Out My Closet, Soldier, Say Goodbye To Hollywood & When The Music Stops. This album beats anything Jay-Z, Nas, Biggie & Tupac has put out
  28. Jan 13, 2012
    The songs I did like, I really liked. However I hated most of the songs off this album and I dont think it was as good as his previous album was. It was ok though.
  29. Jan 4, 2012
    In the MMLP, he broke new grounds. In this one, he became the voice of a generation. He spoke to people, rising the average sheltered suburban kid into a Shady forever.
  30. Dec 27, 2011
    Em's first three albums are CLASSIC and they are all completely different; that is an amazing feat. Slim Shady LP is slim talkin' about the struggles before fame and fortune. Slim is a much more raw, troubled eminem - "I'm tired of backstabbin ass snakes with friendly grins, tired of committin so many sins, tired of always givin in when this bottle of henny wins, tired of never havin anyEm's first three albums are CLASSIC and they are all completely different; that is an amazing feat. Slim Shady LP is slim talkin' about the struggles before fame and fortune. Slim is a much more raw, troubled eminem - "I'm tired of backstabbin ass snakes with friendly grins, tired of committin so many sins, tired of always givin in when this bottle of henny wins, tired of never havin any ends" Marshall Mathers LP is a more polished em dealing with fame and fortune - "Became a commodity cause w-h-i, t-e cause mtv was so friendly to me, can't wait til kim sees me" The Eminem Show is both of those worlds clashing causing a behemoth of an album - "If I could go back, i never woulda rapped, i sold my soul to the devil i'll never get it back, i just wanna leave this game with level head intact" Expand
  31. Oct 28, 2011
    As for me it is the best Eminem album. The beats on this album are better. He shows how versatile he is on his flows, lyrics, emotions.Has nice guest list especially Nate Dogg.
  32. Oct 23, 2011
    As You May Know It, Eminem Returns With A Second True Masterpiece And Classic. Its A Solid Album. The Eminem Show Is Another Album I Think Is His Next Big Album, I Can't Really Explain How Good And Pleasant It is To Listen Too. It Far Exceeds My Expectations of What I Thought It Would Be Like After Hearing The Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem Shows His Feelings Through Lyrics, Rhymes, AndAs You May Know It, Eminem Returns With A Second True Masterpiece And Classic. Its A Solid Album. The Eminem Show Is Another Album I Think Is His Next Big Album, I Can't Really Explain How Good And Pleasant It is To Listen Too. It Far Exceeds My Expectations of What I Thought It Would Be Like After Hearing The Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem Shows His Feelings Through Lyrics, Rhymes, And Production. i Give This Album A 5 Mic Rating. "Till I Collapse" Is The Best Track On This Album. I Love All Songs On The Eminem Show, And I Listen To It Every Day. Well Done Slim. Expand
  33. Sep 8, 2011
    i love this album. love every aspect of it.. when im gone is so perfect., infact this whole album is so perfect. loved the style and speed of rapping from eminem in this album. i hope he carries on with the same !!
  34. Sep 5, 2011
    After a two brilliant albums, Mathers returns for what is essentially his middle album. It's not quite at the highs of The Marshall Mathers LP, but it hasn't quite stooped to the lows of Encore. This time, his beats are pumped up, and there's much more of a poppy feel to the majority of the songs. A subconsciously dark tune featuring his daughter Hailey stands out among the pack.
  35. Jul 6, 2011
    Eminem matures and takes more of a political view in this album. May not be his best album ever but it is definitely my favorite album Eminem has ever created.
  36. Jun 23, 2011
    Phenomenal album...probably in the running as the best album of 2002. The only knock on it is that it had to follow up the expectations set by The Marshall Mathers LP, which it almost does.
  37. Jun 8, 2011
    You see Eminem expand a lot more on his personal side a lot more than he did on the Marshall Mathers LP. This is lot more serious but his lyricism is emmaculate
  38. May 12, 2011
    finally eminem raps like a black person. this album was banging. this is my personal favorite by him. but the Marshall Mathers Lp was better though. i liked every song on this album it was better than average. some of his best lyrics is on this album.
  39. May 3, 2011
    yeah this is the best album of music i ever listen i love this album so much eminem forever really the best album of all time and no other noob is like eminem !he is **** perfect!
  40. Apr 3, 2011
    Eminem is the only rapper with three classic(SSLP, MMLP, TES), He is also the only rapper with two diamond certified albums(Diamonds are forever). Its so amazing how a white boy can dominate a predominant black art form. To me, Eminem is better than tupac, B.I.G or whoever you think. He made the art popular and accepted and rap music owe him for that. In the early years of Hip Hop, OnlyEminem is the only rapper with three classic(SSLP, MMLP, TES), He is also the only rapper with two diamond certified albums(Diamonds are forever). Its so amazing how a white boy can dominate a predominant black art form. To me, Eminem is better than tupac, B.I.G or whoever you think. He made the art popular and accepted and rap music owe him for that. In the early years of Hip Hop, Only blacks liked it and it was so tamed for the whites but now see where it is primarily because of Eminem. LEGEND !!! Expand
  41. Mar 23, 2011
    Great album, Em at his best. He puts so much into each song showing just how talented he is. Unbelievable lyrics and crisp hooks, no one can match him when he is hot.
  42. Mar 13, 2011
    The lyrics are captivating, emotions are conveyed through these songs that I never expected. It has bits of that "Don't give a f*ck Eminem" plus some philospihcal, emotional, political tracks.
  43. Mar 2, 2011
    "My songs can make you cry, take you by surprise/And at the same time, make you dry your eyes with the same rhyme"

It's not as ironic as The Slim Shady LP; it's not as thought-provoking as The Marshall Mathers LP; and it certainly will not be the album Eminem's remembered by in a hundred years. However, The Eminem Show, which opens with a song making fun of his fan base and ends with a song ridiculing his critics, may well be his masterpiece.
  44. Jan 27, 2011
    Lyrically Genius is proved once again, i cannot stress how good this album is a 10 in every aspect. ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  45. Nov 16, 2010
    An amazing lyrical genius, this album holds what Eminem truly is. From the whitty-ness of "without me" to the seriousness of "Sing for the moment" its an album Ive bought and glad I did.
  46. Oct 25, 2010
    Without ever really matching the heights of The Marshall Mathers LP or The Slim Shady LP (excepting maybe one or two cuts), Eminem manages a good quality record that breezes through 80 minutes like it was nothing. Not only is he a terrific rhymer (obviously), but he makes it sound so easy.
  47. Oct 13, 2010
    While it isnt as memorable as the Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show still proves to be an entertaining and strong album. This album sees Eminem slowly shifting away from the horrorcore edge he once had on the Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP. Despite not hearing too much blood and guts references in a humorous and lyrical fashion, there is still that sense of aggression, passion,While it isnt as memorable as the Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show still proves to be an entertaining and strong album. This album sees Eminem slowly shifting away from the horrorcore edge he once had on the Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP. Despite not hearing too much blood and guts references in a humorous and lyrical fashion, there is still that sense of aggression, passion, and overcoming that Eminem gives which has always been cherished by many. "Haile's Song" finds Eminem singing a couple verses which arent amazing neither horrible. Actually, he's carrying a tune instead of really singing. Overall, The Eminem Show is step down from his previous album, but is still quite satisfying. Expand
  48. Aug 30, 2010
    A fantastic album, almost flawless lyrically - his rhyming and flow are at his peak on here. This is a more mature Eminem though we still see the dark side of him in tracks like Cleaning Out My Closet and Slim Shady type tracks like Without Me. Overall a solid album, possibly his best.
  49. Aug 13, 2010
    Solid third album.

Solid third album.

Taking more control over the production (Dre produced only 3 tracks), Eminem makes lyrical assaults on many including George Bush, rap critics, pop stars, Kim, and his mother. He goes from criticizing the common views against white rappers and to his success making keen observations that his color helped him gain fame. He criticizes the Bush administration in Square Dance for its decision to send soldiers to Iraq. He recalls his assault on a bouncer after he allegedly saw him kiss his wife. In Soldier, he recalls the violent rage in him before and during the attack but in Say Goodbye Hollywood, he regrets doing that saying that his wife would have cared less and that he could be imprisoned thus stalling his career and affecting his relationship with his daughter. In Sing For The Moment, he discusses how music has suddenly become an influence on kids because they can relate and how one should not take things so seriously. In Say What U Say, he and Dre declare war on Jermaine Dupri and Canibus.

A couple of minor complaints are the repetition of content, namely rants against his mother and the whole Slim Shady antic on My Dads Gone Crazy. The songs Drips and Superman are unnecessary misogynistic rants against whores and should not have been included.

Yet The Eminem Show succeeds because Eminem keeps it interesting. After all, he can't leave rap alone. The game needs him.
  50. AlainC
    Jun 22, 2009
    This is his best album fr me it should be 9.5 out of 10. i mean its not perfect but its mad ill.
  51. BenF.
    Feb 10, 2009
    Eminem is amazing. I mean, he is a fabulous rapper. Why 75? It should be a lot higher than that.
  52. JackR
    Oct 14, 2008
    i know this cd was out 6 years ago but it is by far his best a without a doubt classic and is one of the best ever.
  53. JaffarR.
    Apr 8, 2008
    Best ever baby!! Intense lyrical vibe.
  54. RyanM.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Greatest ever.
  55. ShadyS.
    Feb 4, 2008
    This has got to B the best album ever made by Slim Shady! I've listened to every song every rhyme and every comment made on these works of art and i gotta say........ GIVE IT UP FOR EMINEM! without a doubt Shady has set the standard for rappers across the globe......... a side from 50 CENT of course.
  56. Jess.L.S.M.
    Dec 10, 2007
    Jen C. obviously is a friggin nun, cuz she has not taste in music. or are you a guy? haha, fucker, get a life. "The Eminem Show" is the best shit, and it don't take a fuckin genius to figure that out. keep spittin, Marshall!
  57. Bryanm.
    Sep 13, 2007
    it got lots of awards, and is his best Cd. so what if they don't have gay songs like i am the real slim shady. it is still good.
  58. BrannonM
    Apr 2, 2007
    He's said if he was black he would have sold have, i disagree, he would have sold less than that. The music media(especially rolling stone magazine)raised him up on an undeserved petastal. He is talented lyrically, but today in 2007, all his flows he uses he's used before and numbers don't equal talent.
  59. nickh
    Oct 5, 2006
    this album was the best and so is eminem he is so hot i love him i am gay i wish i could $uck him offf woot woot
  60. AdamB
    Feb 19, 2006
    Possibly his best work. Any one who says differnt is crap. He is the master of rap and music right now. Is the best selling rapper of all time and is just all around great rapper.
  61. KaseyN
    Jan 26, 2006
    I love The Eminem Show. It is one of the best albums made. Eminem is a lyrical genios,if you doubt that you should sit the fuck down, and shut the fuck up.
  62. Finfrosk
    Sep 24, 2005
    Eminem is the best rapper ever. His lyrics are incredible, no other rapper comes close. And the best track is sayin goodbye to hollywood.
  63. VandonN
    Aug 4, 2005
    this is a solid and welcome return from the master of hip hop and is a very well crafted thrill ride.The production is in top form, slim's raps still posses that lyrical and rythmical quality other rappers lack and the hooks are merorable.The album delivers some truly epic tracks along the way, such as cleaning out my closet, sing for the moment and superman and hallies song are also this is a solid and welcome return from the master of hip hop and is a very well crafted thrill ride.The production is in top form, slim's raps still posses that lyrical and rythmical quality other rappers lack and the hooks are merorable.The album delivers some truly epic tracks along the way, such as cleaning out my closet, sing for the moment and superman and hallies song are also highlights.Eminem has the ability to impose lyrics with soul and importance making the CD even more interesting.great stuff. Expand
  64. Theillusionist
    Aug 4, 2005
    this is asolid return for eminem and the album has alot of good components such as hard as nails production, amazing lyrics, memorable hooks and some truly epic tracks along the way.The best tracks are cleaning out my closet, superman and sing for the moment.
  65. AaronA
    Dec 13, 2004
    doesnt quite compare to the marshal mathers lp but its still his 2nd best album ever beatin encore, infinate and slim shady lp
    Oct 26, 2004
    Eminem is cool! :)
  67. DavidA
    Sep 6, 2004
    I've always been an Eminem fan and I have to say this is one of his best yet.
  68. PeterS.Bizarre
    Jul 10, 2004
    Metacritic doesn't know anything about Eminem. This isn't his third album, this is his 5th! Here's the list: Infinite The Slim Shady EP The Slim Shady LP The Marshall Mathers LP The Eminem Show That's 5, not 3. Anyway, this is a good album. Buy it.
  69. FlikS
    May 5, 2004
    Probably the greatest rap album of all time..i would say better than tupac's all eyes on me..the albums kicks ass...go slim!!WE LOVE YOU!
  70. DawnS
    May 2, 2004
    This was an awesome CD!! I loved it!!
  71. GaborA
    Mar 1, 2004
    Eminem proves that no matter how his life changes he can always make good rap songs about it but his power is limited to altering his own life and entertaining his listeners. He simply isnt able to change our lives as the gods of music do.
  72. curefreak
    Feb 29, 2004
    while eminem is starting to repeat some of his themes to the point of beating them to the ground the best songs are when he attacks the government and explains that after 9/11 we need him now more than ever the only bad song is the aerosmith sampling ballad the album could have used more of eminems sense of humor sense the album runs a bit long
  73. CaitlynPolice
    Jan 7, 2004
    this cd is awsome i don't know why some of you dont like it but it was fuckin sick
  74. KatieP
    Dec 26, 2003
    Eminem has matured. But he is still as funny and as clever as always. A great CD.
  75. RobbieH
    Dec 12, 2003
    shady's the shit the only reason I rap is cause of em all u motha fuckas can suck my dick if you got a problem wit shady this album is his best
  76. BrittanyR
    Nov 21, 2003
    This is a great cd. Eminem rocks and for all of you people who do not like him, then there is something wrong with you in the head. And for all of use who doubt him, that just aint right cause you dont know him and to everyone that gave him less then a five, you need to get a clue. For real yo. im out. peace.
  77. Roshan
    Nov 18, 2003
    wicked cd, packed with bad mouthed crap. i loved it!
  78. AlexP
    Nov 14, 2003
    it was F!!!!!!! Cool I love it
  79. TomG
    Oct 9, 2003
    This album is awesome..I love it. Admittedly, I've never really took his music seriously but I'm starting to change that attitude with this album. It's awesome.
  80. jeff?
    Aug 26, 2003
    this is the best c.d. in history id rate it 100 if i could. This is the best c.d. in history. eminem knows how to make music unlike justin timberlake and them gay ppl.
  81. Katie
    Aug 12, 2003
    Great CD
  82. lacreshah
    May 27, 2003
    this cd rocked i listen to it everyday the hole cd
  83. RichardB
    May 22, 2003
    Very awful, thought I was listening to Micheal Jackson, Queen, The Rolling Stones, and Tupac at the same time, o - wait it was just eminem ripping off their music
  84. MartinB
    May 19, 2003
    Mark, I got a degree in English and love this album. Jen C, your a bit sad, aren't you? Einstein and all those other genius' are pretty talented, but could they ever rap like Eminem.Of corse not.Everyone has a talent and Eminem's is writing and producing massive songs.What makes him a genius is the fact that he's so good at it.According to my I.Q. test, I am inside the Mark, I got a degree in English and love this album. Jen C, your a bit sad, aren't you? Einstein and all those other genius' are pretty talented, but could they ever rap like Eminem.Of corse not.Everyone has a talent and Eminem's is writing and producing massive songs.What makes him a genius is the fact that he's so good at it.According to my I.Q. test, I am inside the top 1% in the country for intelligence, yet I could never produce the music that Eminem can.How he does it I'll never know! Expand
  85. willr
    Apr 21, 2003
    eminem is the coolest and jen c, if thats wat u think u betta sit down and hav second thougts because his da best ever o and eminem u RULE with 4 capitals. and mark, get a grip cause nobodys perfect!! besides thats how rappers RAP!!!
  86. robd
    Apr 16, 2003
    i believe eminem is a genius, and this is my reason, do you think einstien would of wrote any of this shit??
  87. BrentP
    Mar 24, 2003
    Alright, If the number went higher than 10 thats what it would get. This CD is Bad A**! What Eminem, D-12, and Dre are singing about is the plain truth, so get used to it! Like when he says "...can words load a gun and cock it too?" Peace Out Brent Parker
  88. amyt
    Mar 12, 2003
    i love eminem he is sosexy and this cd is cool
  89. DanielV
    Mar 4, 2003
    one of his hottest records out
  90. sebas
    Mar 2, 2003
    This Cd is the best of Em!!!!!!!!
  91. stellabolombo
    Feb 19, 2003
    eminem is sssooooooo hot and i love him i wish to meet him one day .his songs r the best ever .i love the cd the eminem show i listened to it everyday .i love the song the real slim shady its that best .loseyour self is in the 8 mile cd that is the best too i know all the words in all eminem song.
  92. tigamathers
    Feb 8, 2003
    eminem is my baby.... i wan to marry him hes totally hott, and his music rocks hes the best rapper in the history of any rapper
  93. Mark
    Dec 24, 2002
    I find it interesting that everyone that gave this album a 10 has yet to master the English language.
  94. JenC
    Dec 24, 2002
    First things first, Eminem is *not* a genius. He may be a fantastic rapper and a great rap producer, but he's no general genius. Einstein, Mozart, Miles Davis, Chopin, Michelangelo, John Contrane = genius, Eminem = good rapper. People, there is a difference. The album is ok. The main problem is that the same themes are played out over and over and OVER AND OVER again. We get it First things first, Eminem is *not* a genius. He may be a fantastic rapper and a great rap producer, but he's no general genius. Einstein, Mozart, Miles Davis, Chopin, Michelangelo, John Contrane = genius, Eminem = good rapper. People, there is a difference. The album is ok. The main problem is that the same themes are played out over and over and OVER AND OVER again. We get it Marshall, you hate your mom, your ex-wife, you feel like a victim all the time and you love your baby girl. Move on! "Cleaning Out My Closet" has got to be the most annoying "poor me poor me" song *ever*. I know he's got the talent to put together origional beats and work some lyrical gymnastics...now if only there were substance to go with the style. Expand
  95. jaredo
    Dec 18, 2002
    this cd is cool
  96. blah
    Dec 17, 2002
    um...crap
  97. konspirator01
    Dec 9, 2002
    obviously eminem is lyrically skilled but he seems more concerned about pleasing his pop fans than making real hip-hop music and pushing his skills to its fullest potential. this album was fairly good, but overall disappointing and had a lot of mediocre tracks.
  98. EduardoL
    Dec 1, 2002
    Why 10? It isn't as good as "The Marshall Mathers LP", but when I rated 10 "The Marshall LP", it was 'cuz I couldn't rate it 11 or 12.
  99. NiallB
    Nov 29, 2002
    this album is totally original man!
  100. kriss
    Nov 15, 2002
    its a mature step foward in the growth of an artist.more serious than the first two albums, yet it still cotains its share of funny moments.

1. Eminem just may have made the best rap-rock album in history
  2. With each successive album Eminem finds new depth and excitement within the same themes and structures he used way back on The Slim Shady LP, so even if new songs contain earmarks of Eminem classics, they still feel reinvigorated.
  3. Uncut
    Behind the hype and the swagger, he's still baring enough of his soul for The Eminem Show to be compelling theatre. [Aug 2002, p.118]