The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga
8.3

Review this album

1. Sep 16, 2010
    OMG!!!!! My favorite album ever!!!!! "Dance in the Dark" is the best song on the album. The album shows a different side of gaga. "Speechless" is a song that usually makes me cry because of the ontent and how heartfelt it is...GAGA WILL NEVER BE TOPPED
  2. Aug 15, 2010
    An impressive, creative, original piece of work. There may be only 8 songs, but I think they're ALL brilliant - especially Bad Romance, Monster, and Dance In The Dark. Good work, GaGa!
  3. Jan 13, 2013
    Amazing melodies, amazing lyrics, amazing vocals... Simply, one of the greatest pop albums of the 21st century.
  4. Aug 13, 2010
    Much better than Lady Gaga's first album, 'The Fame Monster' manages where the first one fails: focus. It is much more focused on what Gaga is really about: good beats, interesting lyrics and just good music to dance to and enjoy oneself. After seeing the videos, too, it just all fits in perfectly. Basically, all of the songs are very good and they are all feel related somehow, even the stand-out ballad "Speechless" which is Gaga's first really good ballad.
    Also, her cooperation with Beyonce is noteworthy in 'Telephone,' which is one of my favourite dance tracks ever. Definitely, a much better album than 'The Fame' and an excellent 2nd album for Gaga. If she keeps this up, we're in for a treat when the next album comes out! Good work!!! Rah rah ah ah ah Roma, roma ma, Gaga ooh la la. :)
  5. Aug 14, 2010
    I love her work, it's so marvelous. She continues her work wonderfully and this is even better that The Fame. She's getting better day by day. I can't even pick a favorite song on this album, I love them all!
  6. Aug 25, 2010
    This is my favorite album. The best dance/electronic album ever made. It has catchy dance club songs (Bad Romance, Alejandro, Telephone), so as deep lyrics (Speechless, Dance In The Dark).
  7. Nov 6, 2010
    Another blockbuster album by Lady Gaga. Bad Romance is the best song off the record. Bad Romance is just spectacular in every way. The song "Monster" is a close second. Each song is well written and produced.
  8. Jan 2, 2011
    Lady GaGa continues her transition into the position of reigning Pop Queen with The Fame Monster - Her deliciously different and sparklingly brilliant sophomore album. The album has it's highs and lows, but what's so amazing is the fact that the lows aren't really lows, but are only slightly lower than the others in the set. Bravo GaGa, bravo.
  9. Jan 4, 2012
    Lady Gaga has just slayed the pop history with a 8-track EP.This EP is life !
    The theme ''monster'' has became a trend + the singles are still gaining spins on the radio.Totally a pop classic and this will be remembered after 20 years.
    The lead single Bad Romance is just a masterpiece on its own , in fact the song crashed the charts and award ceremonies last year.Alejandro is
    ''latin-insprided pop song'' but the instrumental is just amazing!
    The 3rd song on the album ''Monster'' explains all those bloody-monster theme + the beats and the lines are amazing.Speechless is the only ballad in the album.To be honest that is the greatest ballad-pop song i've ever listened in 5 years.Fernando produced Dance in the Dark is the best song on the EP.The lines , the beats - da da da dance vocals ~ Everything on that song is just perfect.Telephone (feat. Beyoncé) has already shown as the best collabration in 5 years by critics and award shows.So Happy I Could Die is more down-tempo chill pop song but still great.Teeth is like the wackiest thing on that album but it completes the whole era , the theme.
    Lady Gaga did a great job with this album - Totally worth buying.
  10. Aug 16, 2012
    Magic. Pure perfection. This album is flawless. Every single song is a whole different world. Each record has been developed precisely. The music and the lyrics couldn't be more flawless. RedOne + Gaga mix shines more than ever with the songs they have created together. AMAZING. I have no words to describe.
  11. Dec 5, 2012
    I always want hear a record like that. All the songs are catchy and strongers, with could reach the #1 for seasons . Powerful voice and though Gaga thought that BTW would be her best album I think it's the best ( not too far )
  12. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Greatest Pop Albums Of All Time! The Lyrics Her Voice.. Magic
  13. Oct 30, 2010
    Lady Gaga continues to be catchy, but works harder on delivering powerful ballads that show off her range and skill as a performer. "Speechless" and "Dance in the Dark" are prime examples of her impeccable artistry.
  14. Aug 14, 2010
    This is actually better than her previous album. I can see what she is doing, "The Fame" was about the good things she expected about being famous, her aspirations to become famous etc. and "The Fame Monster" was about the bad things about fame which happened to her after becoming famous; every rose has its thorn :P

The lead single, "Bad Romance", followed by other awesome tracks such
    as "Alejandro", "Monster", "Dance in The Dark" are all catchy and fit the album very well. This album has changed the mindsets of some of the people who bashed on her previous album, it even turned her haters into her fans, albeit, some people are still incorrigible and will hate mainstream music regardless. Expand
  15. Aug 16, 2010
    So much more creative than her debut album, The Fame Monster is a masterful 2nd album. My personal favourite is 'Dance in The Dark'. An eery dance track which has a large madonna influence. 'Bad Romance' signals a change of emphasis to darker themes and sounds. This album sees Gaga expand and improve on the Fame. It's the best pop for a while and leads me to be excited by what her 2011 album might promise. Expand
  16. Sep 12, 2010
    I don't need to say much, this is a highly enjoyable album and those that hate it are just haters with nothing to do. Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro, Monster, Dance In The Dark and Teeth are awesome, Speechless proves that Lady Gaga just isn't suitable to sing ballad and So Happy I Could Die is... well, disposable. What I love about her is her freshness, her creativity to create insanely catchy hooks and surprisingly good lyrics. Those that dismiss her as just another pop act are clearly mistaken,cause she will be her... for a really long time. Expand
  17. Sep 16, 2010
    A solid album with each song bringing substance to the album as a whole. Lady Gaga is truly a great musical artist. Whether you like her outrageous outfits and interesting personality, her artistry is absolutely amazing. Other than "Bad Romance" and "Dance in the Dark", none of these songs capture Gaga's talent. Most of the songs are actually just general electropop in the mainstream world, just with clever infectious melodies and choruses to make them stand out. However, Gaga is just starting her career, and these songs, though not timeless, are a great start for her soon-to-be gigantic career. Expand
  18. Oct 21, 2010
    This is much more of what I was expecting from an artist even much higher above cookie-cutter-pop-stuff. This album shows a different and more intimate side of Lady Gaga than ever before, especially in her debut album, The Fame. "Dance in the Dark", & "Telephone" are amazing. The rest are also very good. This will probably be one of the best albums the Fame Monster will ever make.
  19. Nov 21, 2010
    Overall, the E.P is really strong and the standouts are the 3 singles: Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro and Monster. The only 2 tracks I find a bit below my expectations are Teeth and Dance In The Dark. Overall, The Fame Monster is enjoyable and is a great follow up to The Fame.
  20. Feb 4, 2011
    Pop phenomenon Lady Gaga does it again. Not only does she provide love-filled songs, but opposite of "The Fame", she talks about the dark side of fame. "The Fame Monster" is an addition to The Fame era. With 8 brand-new tracks, each one is about Lady Gaga's "fear monsters". She also proves that she can run over any artist in the industry with the singles including "Telephone feat. Beyonce", "Bad Romance" and "Alejandro". Some songs will make you want to cry, including "Speechless" and "So Happy I Could Die". Many are club-friendly. Expand
  21. Nov 13, 2011
    One of the most beautiful and wonderful album i've ever heard... I love lady gaga. This album is absolutely perfect, and poethic. Dance in the dark, Bad romance, Alejandro, So happy i could die, Teeth, Monster every song of this album is a powerful mix of great things!
  22. May 13, 2011
    This album is amazing, each track flows into each other and they are crafted with perfection. All the songs on the album are flat out amazing. Best tracks are "Bad Romance" "Telephone" "Alejandro" "Dance in the Dark" and "Monster and "So Happy I Could Die"
    100% A+
  23. Mar 24, 2012
    "The Fame Monster" is GaGa's best work yet. "The Fame" really helped her to become a worldwide superstar, but it was "The Fame Monster" that established her as a pop artist. From "Bad Romance" to "Teeth" this is one of the greatest pop music creations I had heard in a long time. The dark, electronic beats , the self-written lyrics, the meaning of each song ("the eight fears")... everything fits perfectly into her concept and it will probably be the standout of her career, the moment were she is the most successful singer of the world, and the moment were her music is liked the most. The album features some of the best RedOne productions yet (and judging by his later works, I think they will keep that title), and one of the most special GaGa songs: Dance in the Dark. I don't think this song would've been very successful, but it is very unique, and has a very beautiful message. "Bad Romance" is probably the most iconic and successful GaGa song, and Speechless shows that she can also make ballads, even if they are on a GaGa way. I think she is capable of topping this album, but we will have to wait and see, as she doesn't seem to be willing to repeat herself. Maybe with a different sound, but I just hope she delivers this level of quality again.

Highlights: Bad Romance, Dance in the Dark, Speechless
  24. Mar 9, 2013
    Absolutely perfect message, the fame isn't that paradise we think, every music treat about different mistakes and causes, well produced and a great sequence for the previous album.
  25. Apr 9, 2011
    All of the songs are amazingly catchy and nice, and Gaga proves that she has the vocals to sing as well.
    She's an all rounded singer, and can dance, sing and is particularly good LIVE, compared to other modern-day singers.
  26. Nov 25, 2010
    A nice album. My only complaint is her ballads, because I believe her voice is more suited to dance/pop songs. She's the only decent pop star today, and the only one trying out new things, as Michael Jackson and Madonna did back in the 80s (though I wouldn't say Gaga is as good as them). Way better than Bieber, Swift, or Kesha.
  27. Dec 19, 2010
    Is a very good album, all the songs would be singles in an album of another artist. The best songs are Telephone and Dance in the Dark. However, all songs are great, there are only two somewhat weak: Teeth and So Happy I Could Die. But the best thing of the album is that Gaga just doesn't know to do dance and electronic songs. Speechless is by far, the best ballad of the year. Is a great album that, if you like pop, you should buy. Expand
  28. Jan 6, 2011
    I don't want to start off by saying it is the best album ever, but it is. I can listen to The Fame (also an amazing album) and into The Fame Monster loving every song. While The Fame Monster addition has a different feel than The Fame release, I like it's difference and oddness. The entire track list is fun and amazing. I'd like to mention that I have seen adverseness toward "Teeth", while I would have agreed in the beginning; it grew on me., and now I love the song. Its weird but hard and different making it a great track. "Telephone" is my number one song off the album, while they are all great. Hope she can keep up the great work and keep the hits coming with "Born This Way", regardless of the public, her fans will love it. Expand
  29. May 23, 2011
    This Is Good Not As Good As Her 1st CD But Still Good :) Go GAGA!
  30. Feb 28, 2011
    I loved this album soo much, my favourite song on the album has to be teeth, it has such a dirty beat that makes everyone want to get up and march! The whole album has an creepy, eery aura, completely different to that of The Fame
  31. May 19, 2011
    Pop music has a bad reputation: repetition, laziness, the lack of anything by the singer. Thankfuly, artists like GaGa do exist. Producing a -highly- solid (and not all radio friendly) albums with masterful songs causing 'Born This Way' to nearly burst at the seems, it stands tribute that Pop music is a genre like any other, though highly infused with rock and electronic also. Most stand out tracks for me are 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lovers' and 'Government Hooker'. A must buy. Expand
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    So Happy I Could, Speechless, Alejandro, Dance In The Dark and Monster are amazing tracks. The only reason it's not 100 is because there is Telephone.
  33. May 23, 2011
    The Fame Monster is the bridge to Lady Gagaâ
  34. May 26, 2011
    By far the best pop album of 2009. Way better than The Fame, 8 amazing tracks, no fillers. The vocals are great as well. Standouts - Bad Romance, Dance In The Dark.
  35. Jun 7, 2011
    This is Gaga's best album to date. Other than "Monster", which is poorly written, and "Speechless", which is just simply boring, every song is a winner. "Alejandro" became my favorite song of hers the first time I heard it, before it was even announced as a single.
  36. May 25, 2011
    The album is perfect in its own way and every song in the album is definitely enjoyable to listen. It showed Lady Gaga in a different side as compared to her previous album.
  37. May 27, 2011
    Though there is no denying that The Fame is a much better album, The Fame Monster stays more consistant than The Fame with its dark, mysterious tone, something that The Fame didn't pull off.
  38. May 27, 2011
    Let me just say I love Lady Gaga,and I think anyone who reads this should know that.I think this is an incredible album.The darker tone is immediately apparent,especially in "Alejandro".All the songs are fantastic,so if you're a Lady Gaga fan,I highly recommend it,but you've probably already bought it.My only nitpick with the album is that it is censored,which is irritating.Despite that,The Fame Monster is incredible,and can be bought in the standard 1 disc version,or the 2 Disc Deluxe Edition,which has The Fame Monster,plus The Fame CD with 3 new songs.The song "Again Again" was removed however,but not a huge loss.In the end,I highly recommend Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster. Expand
  39. Jun 3, 2011
    I think that the sounds present in the songs of 'The Fame Monster' is quite original and I really appreciate the work of Lady Gaga, and I really like all the songs in the album and I think that the best tracks are Bad Romance and Speechless. Although the lyrics can often be no deep meanings or worthy of note I really love the simplicity of the melodies and choruses, which in any case does not diminish the skill and talent of the artist Expand
  40. Jun 11, 2011
    One of - if not the - best album of the decade. Lady Gaga continues the revolution in pop that made â
  41. Mar 25, 2012
    Lady Gaga's second album, The Fame Monster, is not fun. Neither is it sexy, nor is it jubilant. And it definitely isn't pretty. It's masterful. It's elusive, dark, catchy, rhythmical, inharmonic, satirical (at some points even humorous), and musically brilliant. It's Gaga's tour de force, her assertion into the pop-musical realm, her footprint in the cemented road of musical development in the 2k decade. Gaga, in collaboration with writers RedOne, Fernando Garibay, and Space Cowboy, proves that she, in fact, can escape the squid-like suction cups of radio music, while holding on to the classic pop templates that seem to be necessary to create a decently successful album. It's as if you gave Lady Gaga the Mona Lisa, and she transformed it into an austere Origami swan. The use of dissonance in this album is coherent and will not go unrecognized. She is effectively able to make music with making harmony, a difficult task for those artists that want to remain popular. The production value in this album is immense, much greater than her previous album, and for once, it doesn't detract from the true sound she tries to make. She doesn't hide her music deeply. In this album, she levels it above everything. It is important to note, though, that ugly does not make a song. Some moments in this album, we have to bear with the non-musical ugly, which may not be fun (and at some points, isn't even necessary to get the full effect of the album).

Overall, Gaga's The Fame Monster gives us the impression that Gaga isn't just some hooker off the street. She cares about her music, like her album is her baby, and transfers as much personality and life into it as she can, making sure to include both the good and bad of her. Her album leaves us satisfied, but because of it's length, also leaves us hungry for more.
  42. Jul 27, 2011
    Here we see Lady Gaga in new light as opposed to "The Fame". Where "The Fame" highlighted on a fun, pop sound. "The Fame Monster" EP gives a new perspective on the reality of "The Fame". Drawing inspirations from different styles and melodies, she reminds us that not all catchy music has to be cliche. Lyrically, the EP has a grotesque atmosphere that combines well with the darker tone while keeping an attractive sound. Where at a few points it may lack depth, it still triumphs over many other modern pop sensations. Expand
  43. Jul 6, 2012
    Every track is absolutely amazing!! And every track has its own poweful meaning. The album is very well put together, and the production keeps you waving and dancing all day long. Highlights : every song x3 but Bad Romance for the best!
  44. Aug 12, 2011
    I remember the first time I heard 'Bad Romance,' having barely recovered from Lady Gaga's explosion onto the music scene with her debut album, The Fame; I couldn't believe the song I was hearing was Gaga. It sounded nothing like 'Poker Face,' and at first, my heart skipped a beat.

But therein lies the strength of The Fame Monster; as a whole, the CD is nothing like its predecessor. While
    The Fame succeeds in being an in-your-face, shameless pop/dance tour de force about the rise to and struggle for fame, The Fame Monster takes a step back and analyzes the consequences of said actions. The result is a staggeringly good piece of pop, showing Gaga's darker (and stronger) musical side. Songs like 'Dance in the Dark' and 'Bad Romance' push the boundaries of pop music and challenge other artists to follow Gaga in creating pop that isn't (gasp) mindless, while others like 'Telephone' play to the strengths that allowed her to become this famous in the first place. The Fame Monster blows The Fame out of the water and nearly makes the original 14 track album seem of such low quality (which it definitely is not) that you'd wish she'd debuted with this one instead. Expand
  45. Aug 26, 2011
    Um dos melhores álbuns de 'dance music' que já foi feito. Com apenas 8 músicas, Lady Gaga consegue uma sonoridade incrível. Os hits são viciantes demais, cada um com suas peculiaridades. Foi com este álbum que ela mostrou que veio para ficar.
    Melhores Faixas: Bad Romance / Telephone / Dance in the Dark
  46. Aug 23, 2011
    The Fame Monster was a perfect pop era and can most likely never be re-done. What better way to start off a new EP/CD than to bleed to death on the MTV VMA's? GaGas. ideas and presentation of fame has been quite remarkable. While presenting us with loads of artistic visions and clothes from fashion designers with ideas no ones ever seen she manages to give us radio friendly modern dance-pop masterpieces. Songs like Telephone and Bad Romance have cemented their way onto pop culture history and while her songs are portrayed to have more meaning than they probably do, it just adds more spark and life to her act. After all Lady GaGa goes beyond an album and singles. She's managed to make it on the top grossing tours EVER. Her act is remarkable and this 8 song classic will be a staple for any pop fan for decades to come. Standouts: Alejandro and Dance in the Dark Expand
  47. Sep 24, 2012
    *UPDATED REVIEW* Lady's Gaga's The Fame Monster is filled with dark and catchy mainstream pop tunes filled with originality and always a joy to listen to.
  48. Jul 28, 2012
    This masterpice is Lady Gaga's best album. I really love it. I can listen this album 24/7. 'Bad Romance' - 10/10, 'Alejandro' - 10/10, 'Monster' - 10/10, 'Speechless' - 10/10, 'Dance in The Dark' - 10/10, 'Telephone' - 10/10, 'So Happy I Could Die' - 10/10, 'Teeth' - 10/10. Perfect album.
  49. Oct 6, 2012
    In some critics say that in The Fame Monster, Gaga It really brought us something unique, bringing surprising lyrics, melodies and different rhythms. INNOVATIVE
  50. Dec 22, 2011
    This Album is fill with dancing songs and great hook. Like Bad Romance and Telephone. Other songs like Dance in the Dark and Alejandro are great songs! This album was also a big break for Lady GaGa, Bad Romance and Telephone help her make money. She is a great Artist and this Album kicked her off w/ a great year. Overall it's a 10 and it's a great Album.
  51. Feb 2, 2012
    The Fame Monster is perfect from start to finish (although the ending track 'Teeth' is a bit of a bad spot, but still listen-able), the album is a perfect juxtaposition of the glamorization of 'The Fame' that the first album highlighted, taking on a darker view on the fame. I can't choose a top track, because they are all personal favourites for different reasons, although 'Dance In The Dark' probably has the edge; but only just. 'Speechless', a piano-ballad which Gaga wrote after her father told her about a heart condition he was not planning on getting sorted, is solely written by Gaga herself, and really shows off her lyrical capabilities. To round up, the album can be easy listening AND yet provide room for thought if you listen close enough, it's a basis of what pop records should be. Expand
  52. Apr 14, 2012
    Her masterpiece ,creative and original album, much better than Born This Way and The Fame, I like every song but the best song is Bad Romance in my opinion.
  53. Mar 23, 2012
    Good things comes in small packages and this is it. This eight tracks EP is one of Lady Gaga's best work. It's not too long or too short. You must definitely check it out. My favourite tracks from the album would be Bad Romance, Dance In The Dark and Alejandro.
  54. Mar 26, 2012
    Realy great album.Great songs,great music videos!
  55. Mar 26, 2012
    If only Gaga stopped here, she would have spared herself a tonne of hate. The Fame Monster is exceptionally good - 8 perfect tracks. I can't not give this a solid 10 rating, since there is not much to not love on this one (except maybe the not-so-original Alejandro video, but the song is great anyway). If you're new to Gaga, this is the one I'd go for (the only one in fact). Avoid anything that came after this. Personal favourites: Bad Romance, Dance in the Dark, So Happy I Could Die, Teeth (which is also the best Gaga song to date in my opinion) Expand
  56. Mar 27, 2012
    Brilliant. The best release of 2009, which certainly gave the best singles and videos of 2010. Album highlights: Bad Romance, Teeth. Simply Pop-perfection.
  57. Apr 2, 2012
    This was her best album yet! Bad Romance made her world famous and now she is reaping the rewards. This album is also mentioned as the best of 2000's decade by The Rolling Stones and TIME 100 :)
  58. Apr 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Este álbum é realmente bom. Mostra uma verdadeira evolução em relação ao álbum The Fame, uma GaGa mais evoluída, má, esse álbum é formado por grandes músicas, Bad Romance, que mostra o verdadeiro pop, uma música onde não existe ninguém que pelo menos sabe uma parte dela. Telephone, uma música bem agitada, uma música nem boa, nem ruim. Alejandro, outra música que caiu na boca do povo na parte Alealejandro Alealejandro, Speechless, que foge do rítimo do álbum com uma música bela e romântica, pena não virar single. Dance In The Dark, a melhor do álbum, Lady Gaga decidiu-la jogar fora. Teeth, uma música que realmente lembra um exército, missões, boa música e ambém a animada So Happy I Cold Die, viciante também. Esse álbum merece um 9.5, mas como não existe 9.5, fica para 10 :) Expand
  59. Apr 7, 2012
    PERFECT Album, Dance in The Dark, Alejandro, Bad Romance, Telephone, Teeth..... Perfect musics, dark album pop is perfect, Lady GaGa is the new queen of pop, no more questions, **** please.
  60. Apr 23, 2012
    I loved this album she has such an amazing talent no other singer has and has such an odd choice in wardrobe!!!! As gaga forever said "GAGA WILL NEVER BE TOPPED"
  61. May 28, 2012
    This Is One Of The Only Albums I Loved Every Single Song On It!
    Amazing Perfect Gaga
  62. Jun 22, 2012
    A great product of the Lady herself, Gaga has managed to create an album that is near faultless. From the opening Euro-sleazy Bad Romance to the showful, almost narcissistic sounding Teeth, the album doesn't fall flat or dry. Highlights include the lead single, the bustling sounds of Telephone, the 80's touch of Dance In the Dark and the crusty rock-esque vocals on the ballad Speechless. Without doubt one of Lady Gaga's finest and most cohesive piece of music to date and a treat for the fans or pop culture everywhere. Expand
  63. Jul 10, 2012
    This album is better than The Fame & Born This Way. The best songs are So Happy I Could Die and Monster. The concept of the album is interesting. I want to have her new record!
  64. Jul 22, 2012
    This album is going to be seen as a milestone in Gaga's career. I'm pretty sure. This album not only gives you 8 hit tracks to listen to, it also follows a concept and has a deeper meaning which is getting expressed on every single track. It's simply flawless and a stands head and shoulders above its competitors.
    Highlights are Bad Romance, Alejandro and Dance in The Dark.
  65. Aug 4, 2012
    A jaw-dropping album. I honestly think every song on here could've been a single except for Speechless, and that one's only because the subject matter is too personal and emotional for top 40 radio. At a trim 34 minutes long, it's clear Gaga went out of her way to only use the best she had to offer. Alejandro and Teeth are the weakest songs on here, but both are still worth listening to. Telephone sounds out of place from the rest of the album, but it works just fine on its own. But Monster, Dance in the Dark, and Bad Romance are the tracks that'll keep you coming back again and again. Expand
  66. Oct 31, 2012
    Es un gran album. Lady Gaga inicia una nueva de musica pop con Bad romance, beats de los beats, después toca más palos como en Teeth, en teeth o baladas como speechless. Uno de los mejor discos POP de la historia.
  67. Nov 14, 2012
    The second album of Gaga prove her fascinating talent, she is unique, there aren't anyone like her, she is a "brand", her lyrics are amazing and she has re-created pop music, nothing is the same since she is there.
  68. Nov 6, 2013
    This album was Gaga's peak for a reason. It is a simply sublime work of pop art. I shake my head over the pop music being made today and this album is one of the few beacons of hope for the genre. Now, I have a very unpopular opinion that Telephone was not all that. I believe it's one of her most basic recordings and too generic, and is the only "meh" moment on this otherwise perfect album. The Fame Monster's diversity is really astonishing. From the industrial sound of Bad Romance, the Latin pop elements of Alejandro, the 80's pop of Monster, the Elton John-esque Speechless, the ravetastic Dance In The Dark, the heavenly So Happy I Could Die and the sexy, kooky, Teeth, this album is a stunner from start to finish. There have been many debates even among fans as to whether this constitutes an album or an EP. Well, outwith it having 8 tracks that altogether last over 34 minutes, longer than some 10 track albums, I have never seen an EP gain this much sales, fame, get nominated for album of the year at the Grammys and generate a second world tour grossing $227 million. So I believe it is an album. And speaking of the Grammys, it was an absolute travesty that this masterpiece did not win Album of the Year. But its sales and legenadary status mean the public has spoken. A classic is born. Expand
  69. Jan 30, 2013
    "The Fame Monster" made me a Monster actually, and more particularly with "So Happy I Could Die" and "Dance In The Dark". Gaga proved that she wasamazing with "The Fame", which more aimed at dancing and enjoying ourselves. Each of 8 songs of "The Fame Monster" stands for a fear and Gaga made awesome songs out of them. We already knew that it would be a great album because of "Bad Romance". I personally think that "Alejandro" and "Telephone" are the greatest songs and hits. This is so POP and the world must listen to this breathtaking album. Expand
  70. Mar 11, 2013
    Pretty much every song on this album is stuffed with symbolism, and it's quite beautiful. A lot of the songs are really dark and show a lot of her struggles. It's one of the best albums I've heard in a while.
  71. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best if not at times the most highly overrated EP released in recent years. It is an incredible piece of pop music, that will certainly leave many, dare I say it, speechless.
  72. Nov 11, 2013
    The album is so amazing...

My favorite single: Bad Romance and Alejandro
    My favorites tracks: So Happy I Could Die, Dance In The Dark and Monster.
  73. Aug 15, 2013
    Not as good as "Born This Way", but better than "The Fame". Even though it is has only eight tracks, all of them are catchy. My favorite song is "So Happy I Could Die".
  74. Sep 7, 2013
    O melhor álbum da mulher que conseguiu dominar o mundo tão rapidamente. Incrível como ela conseguiu produzir algo tão grandioso. The Fame Monster marcará gerações.
  75. Oct 13, 2013
    Este album es sorprendente, es uno de los mejores álbumes del Pop, junto con el productor Redone logra crear sonidos realmente buenos e interesantes, canciones realmente oscuras como So Happy i Could Die o Teeth suenan como lo mejor del album.
  76. Oct 17, 2013
    lady gaga is amazing, she knows how to write powerful songs with a good chorus, she´s so professional, she is so good, she sings so good too, she got the future, the future of music and the fame monster is the best album of the year you know what i´m trying to say, i´m trying to say that she has passion and her album is amazing since the beginning until the end
  77. Oct 23, 2013
    overall this is a very pleasing experience. This record is inspired by electro-house and a modern take on drum and bass and it blends beautifully. even-though this record only counts 8 songs, it's one of the more solid works ever put out by a pop-singer. the only two downsides of this record is the pummeling and non-cohesive 'teeth' and the slightly generic 'telephone'. every other song however is a fine work of pop and art. Expand
  78. Nov 3, 2013
    Definitivamente uno de los mejores EP de nuestros años. Con The Fame Monster Lady Gaga impulsa su búsqueda de la Fama, tocando el lado oscuro que ésta conlleva.
    Aunque podría parecer arriesgada, la experimentación en este disco es soberbia, lejos de ser pretenciosa. Definitivamente uno de los discos más oscuros y a la vez luminosos de nuestros días.
    Canciones como Bad Romance, Dance in
    the Dark o So Happy I Could Die son sólo una muestra de la henealidad de Lady Gaga. Expand
  79. Nov 4, 2013
    This is Lady Gaga at her top. Every single song on this EP is well produced and i really enjoyed everything. The only reason i don't gave it a 10 is because "teeth" could be better.
  80. Nov 5, 2013
    This is a Beautiful album, Lady Gaga wrotte amazing songs, such inspirational! es hermoso, tiene canciones perfectas como Bad Romance y Dance in the Dark, canciones que inspiran como Speechless, canciones que te van a hacer bailar como Telephone! es grandioso!
  81. Nov 10, 2013
    The Fame Monster is basically one of the best albums out there. The dark theme of the album is very nice and every song is different. I still love listening to this album even though it's been years since it's came out. I LOVE every song. This is a must have album for anyone who loves Lady Gaga or Pop Music!
    My Personal favorites are: Bad Romance, Alejandro, Monster, Telephone, Dance in
    the Dark, and So Happy I Can Die Expand
  82. Nov 11, 2013
    Esse CD ouro puro, cada musica que está nele poderia ser um single de sucesso. Tem muita musica que eu escuto até hoje e fico "como eu queria um videoclipe dessa musica". aquele álbum que você leva pra vida.
  83. Nov 15, 2013
    Her best album yet, full of catchy songs that make you get up and start dancing. It is fun, and full of great songs for clubs, this is a unique album that deserves our applause.
  84. Nov 29, 2013
    An excellent extension to her Fame album, The Fame Monster keeps up with the quality of its predecessor, with even more depth and an overall tone that's darker and more defined. The songs from this album would go on to win her more fans, with the likes of Bad Romance & Telephone, becoming huge smashes worldwide. Its edgier feel puts this album forth as one that will be thoroughly memorable. More significantly, this album spawned music videos that drove her popularity to stardom, with the highly-acclaimed first two singles taking charge at the 2011 Video Music Awards.

On a personal note, this is my favourite album off my CD collection (one that has more than a hundred copies), with it taking the most spins on my stereo. The reason why I adore Gaga so much, and where I'd say I derive my audio pleasure and satisfaction.

Standout Tracks: Bad Romance, Speechless, Dance In The Dark, Telephone (ft. Beyoncé)
  85. Dec 29, 2013
    This, in my most honest opinion is 'Pop-Gold'. Lady Gaga has done a fantastic job in translating the monster that is fame (in her eyes) into pure genuine Pop music. From the lyrical content, her amazing vocals and the great production, 'The Fame Monster' is a Pop masterpiece.

Must Downloads: All of them!
  86. Jan 12, 2014
    My favorite album of the all time produced by Lady Gaga, I don't think she will be ever able to top this, because it has everything, from amazing performances to flawless songs, I really enjoyed Bad Romance!
    I give it a fat 10!
  87. Jan 31, 2014
    This album is no doubt her best, its so dark and catchy, I loved every track my only complaint would be that alejandro was a single, when tracks such as dance in the dark, speechless and monster are far superior.

Not only does this new song cycle retain the Euro-tastic sheen of its predecessor, it outdoes it in sheer dance-floor whump.
  2. Only after being overwhelmed by the sheer visibility of her warp-speed relaunch did I realize how enjoyable and inescapable her hooks and snatches had turned out to be.
  3. In her music videos and live shows over the past year, Gaga has worked hard to demonstrate her creative ambition and stylistic range, and that project continues on The Fame Monster.