The Fame

7.8

Review this album

1. May 31, 2011
    The Fame is both undeniably catchy and forgettable. While Lady GaGa herself proves to be a rising star in mainstream music, some of the tracks are just too similar to one another, using the same repetitive melodies and synths. Its standout tracks are its two lead singles, "Just Dance" and "Poker Face", which have proven to be a bold success. One of its weaker moments are "Eh Eh", whichThe Fame is both undeniably catchy and forgettable. While Lady GaGa herself proves to be a rising star in mainstream music, some of the tracks are just too similar to one another, using the same repetitive melodies and synths. Its standout tracks are its two lead singles, "Just Dance" and "Poker Face", which have proven to be a bold success. One of its weaker moments are "Eh Eh", which relies too much on cliche synths drawn from the '80s. Expand
  2. Aug 11, 2011
    THE FAME isn't perfect; it could use some work, such as better singing and a lot like that, but it's pretty catchy, and it's a solid start to Lady Gaga's career.
  3. Nov 4, 2011
    Lady GaGa's The Fame is a good album, that is filled with catchy songs that get stuck in your head, it's pretty good for a debut album. Looking forward to what song's she has next.
  4. May 24, 2011
    Gaga's debut shows her talent in catchy yet simple Poker Face and Just Dance. Though with songs like Eh, Eh, Disco Heaven, Again Again and Brown Eyes is falls to flat from being a masterpiece.
  5. CRL
    Jul 31, 2011
    I'll give a lot of credit to Lady Gaga; she writes/produces her own music which is more than can be said for most of the pop industry. And there are one or two songs where she actually shows how great her voice is instead of smothering it in cacophonous beats and monotonous pseudo-singing.
  6. Aug 14, 2011
    Even though she has 6-7 uber-mega hits, a different personality and different fashion, I cannot see anything more. Yes, I'm a gaga fan but next to fame monster and BTW, this just bubbly pop. I love 3-4 of the songs but rest, nah.
  7. Mar 17, 2012
    Strengths: compelling listen, great for working out, perfect for dance parties etc.

Weaknesses: too suggestive, overly dirty, can't relate much, repetitive and contrived sound after a while, etc.
  8. Jun 25, 2012
    This album is full of "catchy" songs about fame. Its influential, but in the wrong direction. Highlights: Eh Eh Nothing That I Can Say

Lowlights: Gaga's autotuned/robotic vocals

9. Mar 28, 2013
    This album was fine. "Poker Face" and "LoveGame" stood out above the rest of the tracks.
  10. May 25, 2012
    This a good, solid album of hers. It does have a lot of catchy songs. But it still lacks the impact that I want to have, although, I understand that this is her first album. But this is still a great way to start her career.....
  11. Mar 4, 2012
    Probably my only favourite Gaga album mainly because this was before she was all over the tabloids. It's a really solid Pop album. Lot's of great tracks to dance to. They're a little repetitive at times but still great tracks. Standout ones include Pokerface, Starstrucck, Papparazi and Just Dance. It doesn't matter if your a fan of Lady Gaga,Pop music and music in general. You should buyProbably my only favourite Gaga album mainly because this was before she was all over the tabloids. It's a really solid Pop album. Lot's of great tracks to dance to. They're a little repetitive at times but still great tracks. Standout ones include Pokerface, Starstrucck, Papparazi and Just Dance. It doesn't matter if your a fan of Lady Gaga,Pop music and music in general. You should buy this album Expand
  12. Mar 8, 2012
    I don't be a biggest fan of Lady Gaga, but some of her songs are good, this is a good album, with some good songs, and this style is ingenious (but some strange for me), the voice of Gaga is good, a good CD.
  13. Mar 24, 2014
    This album just isn't her best. Yeah, it's a debut album, but it could be better produced and edited. However, there are still 4 or 5 songs that are quite enjoyable to my ears.
  14. Jun 4, 2014
    I think her not bad voice is marred by her reliance on gimmickry and calling that gimmickry 'artistic credibility.'
    I liked her music more before I saw the dumb videos that they made for the songs. Her obsession with the ridiculous makes her someone I wouldn't bother following-I think some of her lyrics are kind of messed up if you bother to pay attention to them-its amazing that she hasn't managed to off herself out of sheer stupidity since the inception of her "musical career." Say by falling headfirst into a toilet & getting stuck there or simply by walking off the edge of a building, high as a kite.
  15. Apr 3, 2015
    I'm not as fond of this album as critics are. It's a solid debut from Lady Gaga, but I feel as if the majority of this album is dull synthpop from RedOne among others with not-so-creative lyrics. This earns the album a B-. Highlights: "Paparazzi", "Starstruck", "LoveGame". Worst song: "Summerboy"

1. Fueled by heavy dance tracks and popping electronic beats, The Fame, the first album by the glamorous Lady Gaga, is a well-crafted sampling of feisty anti-pop in high quality.
  2. The full-length The Fame proves she's more than one hit and a bag of stage tricks.
  3. Listen a little closer to the sly, snarky lyrics and glam grooves on this feisty debut and you'll hear that this former downtown New York spice girl has at least a few things on her dirty mind.