The Fame - Lady Gaga
7.5

Review this album

1. Mar 2, 2011
    Lady Gaga turned pretentious pretty damn fast. Even music videos like "Paparazzi" smacked of try-hard quite early on in her career. But the music on The Fame has no delusions of grandeur, a quality I don't expect to see from Lady Gaga in any of her work in the immediate future. Here she is fixed on bringing straightforward, catchy hits to the table, and for the most part she delivers. For me, "Money Honey" is the most original and appealing track on the album. Expand
  2. Aug 16, 2010
    There is no doubting Lady Gaga's potential with this impressive debut but by the end it does get slightly repetitive. From the obvious 'Just Dance' and 'Poker Face' there are also other good tracks like 'Brown Eyes' and 'Paper Gangsta' but these are let down by generic pop tracks like 'Boys,Boys,Boys'. The album is slightly to light hearted and has little dark elements,luckily, she released the Fame Monster the following you which I feel is a much more rounded and confident production. Expand
  3. May 24, 2011
    Gaga's debut shows her talent in catchy yet simple Poker Face and Just Dance. Though with songs like Eh, Eh, Disco Heaven, Again Again and Brown Eyes is falls to flat from being a masterpiece.
  4. May 31, 2011
    The Fame is both undeniably catchy and forgettable. While Lady GaGa herself proves to be a rising star in mainstream music, some of the tracks are just too similar to one another, using the same repetitive melodies and synths. Its standout tracks are its two lead singles, "Just Dance" and "Poker Face", which have proven to be a bold success. One of its weaker moments are "Eh Eh", which relies too much on cliche synths drawn from the '80s. Expand
  5. Aug 13, 2010
    'The Fame' is an excellent album - it has many amazing songs such as Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi, Love Game and I like it rough... however, that is basically the first part of the album. The second part with the other songs, just kind of feels as if it is misplaced. I don't know, the last 8 songs seem unnecessary and forced somehow. Nevertheless, Gaga's first album is definitely a good one! Good for clubbing and dancing, and manages to provide with songs that will be stuck in your head for weeks, if not months. Definitely one of the most refreshing and simply best albums of recent memory! Expand
  6. Aug 14, 2010
    A mainstream artist, but she writes her own albums, sings live, has catchy songs, and designs her own clothes; she is her own boss; hey, the only people who gave this 0 are those prejudiced against mainstream music and are too stubborn to change their mindset. Lady Gaga is on her way to becoming the next Madonna, and that is pretty rare. "Just Dance", "Paparazzi". "Poker Face", "Love Game" all fit the "The Fame" perfectly, and the other songs aren't half-bad. Overall, a great album. Expand
  7. Aug 14, 2010
    Lady Gaga rocks! She's such an inspiration source to all of us; be ur self. She writes her own songs, sing live exceptional and her songs are catchy. Don't know how anyone can dislike her.
  8. Feb 20, 2011
    Her music is electronic gold. She has serious talent & knows how to make the nightclub come alive. Of course, that doesn't mean she isn't completely bonkers. Seriously, a meat dress?
  9. Oct 21, 2010
    I chose to give this album a seven because I think that for a debut album, the potential is high. She actually cares about what she's doing for a change. She's not a "go in, get the money, get out" kind of person. She's in it, and she's staying in it. The songs are well-crafted, and while about 1/4 of the albums's songs are not even too great (there's some filler around the ending), it is still one of the best female pop debut albums of the past...five years? Maybe ten. Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2010
    This could be the debut of all time. Gaga's sound is amazing .The top tracks are "Just Dance", "I Like It Rough", and "paper gangster". Though the song "Starstruck" gets to be repetitive, even with Flo Rida, and Space Cowboy. this is a great start for any career.
  11. Nov 21, 2010
    I love this album! Some of the album tracks: Paper Gangsta, Starstruck, Beautiful Dirty Rich and Brown Eyes are among my favourites from her. The epic Poker Face and the avant-garde Paparazzi make this album one of the best pop albums released in the last decade.
  12. Dec 6, 2010
    The Fame is like, you don't know what it's music but, then you hear it and you realize of what is music. The Fame is just amazing, should be the album of the year.
  13. Nov 25, 2010
    She's pretty good. There are several misses on the album but overall, a solid debut. I think she released the best songs as singles, but I also think Starstruck and I Like it Rough are standouts.
  14. Nov 27, 2010
    The Fame is my 2009's favorite album. No songs are boring. It makes u feel u are famous. It is catchy and danceable pop album. It also touches a glimpse of Rock 'n' Roll. It made me shift from Rock to Pop. So far, the best pop album since 2003 releases.
  15. Dec 8, 2010
    Lady Gaga's debut has to be one of the greatest! The woman's vocals are what sets this album apart from the rest of the trash. If anyone could do pop it is Gaga, she is changing it as we speak, everyone feels like they have to compete with her. "Poker Face" and "Just Dance" were number one hits, while "LoveGame" and "Paparazzi" were amazing songs. Gaga is not trying to be a generic pop star and she is showing that with the range she showcases on this album. The talent is unmeasureable. Great debut album! Expand
  16. Dec 8, 2010
    I like this album better than "The Fame Monster". I was disappointed in that album. This one was great. Here's a track-by-track review on the album (Note: This review is based on y opinion is based on my tastes so don't hate!)

Just Dance - i remember listening to this song when she first came out. It was kinda overplayed. 8.5/10

LoveGame - Inappropriate, but when I first listened to this
    song, i became obsessed with her. I've chilled out a little, since there are other good artists out there, mostly previous generation ones, but oh well. 8/10

Paparazzi - I love this song, one of my favorites, but it's not my absolute favorite. She either was Auto-Tuned, or she has a high vocal range, since she hit the E5 note. which hardly ANYONE can hit. Christina Aguilera can! she can hit an E6 or even higher! 9/10

Poker Face - Overrated and over played but it's her most popular song by far! Nothing much to say about it. 8.5/10

Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) - This song is very girly and makes me happy inside! I love the lyrics. she needs to sing this song live again! 9/10

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich - Good, not great, but should make it to her greatest hits. 7/10

The Fame - Not the best, good title track, but it's just..... Not single worthy. i like it though. 6/10

Money Honey - about the same as The Fame, in a way, they're pretty much the same song, one one talks about being famous, and the other one talks about being rich. It would sound better if the song were pitch higher about one key. 6/10

Starstruck - Oh yeah! I love this song! She needs to sing it live again! It's a great dance song, and has a good rap verse. she even uses Auto-Tune! OMG! 9/10

Boys, Boys, Boys - About as good as Beautiful, Dirty, Rich. Not the best, but it was single worthy. 7/10

Paper Gangsta - This is pretty much THE piano song! I hear she wrote it when she was a coke user! She puts piano, electronic beats, a heavy bass, and rapping in the verses and She has a song! She needs to perform this song live again. she uses Auto-Tune also! 9/10

Brown Eyes - A kinda boring song, i mean I like it better than Speechless, but ballads are her low/weak point on the her albums. i can't believe she removed this song from The Monster Ball and replaced it with You and I which is even worse than this song! better than Speechless and you and I. 5/10

I Like It Rough - she shoulda released this song as a single! it's awesome! and I've never heard her perform the song live ONCE! I want it to be on her Tour! 9/10

Summerboy - Hands down best song on the album in my opinion! I love this song i listen to it several times every day! It's a great closing song. It's a hidden treasure! she only performed it at Lollapalooza 2007! If she performs this song on her Born This Way Tour, she should close the concert with this song! Great album and concert ender! 10/10

I loved this album so much. The Fame Monster let me down, I still have hope for Born This Way! I will get it the day it comes out! But if it lets me down, then I will not be afraid to say The Fame is her best work!
  17. Jan 2, 2011
    The fantastic Lady GaGa's debut album is nothing short of incredible. It's chock full of hits and it consistently entertains. Shockingly, almost nothing on the album is a complete throwaway, with the only exception being Disco Heaven. It's the album that single-handedly brought electro-pop to America: It's gotta be amazing.
  18. Jan 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. This is the worst album ive ever heard. Her image sucks, her songs make no sense, her music sounds like Sweet 16 birthday party gone wild and shes a total Roisin Murphy,Madonna,Britney, Christina ripoff, trying to be cool+ sexy.The name Gaga suits her. I do not recommend this album to anyone with a good music taste. Expand
  19. Jan 31, 2011
    When I heard her single 'Just Dance', I did not liked her at all. But, when I took the time to listen to each and every song of the album, I realized that each of them has his little something that makes it special. Songs like "The Fame" or "Summerboy" took me back in summer, while "Paper Gangsta" or "Brown Eyes" are simply beautiful songs with catchy lyrics. The album, overall, is well made, with delightful beats, varied songs, and the faultless voice of an incredible artist. Expand
  20. Feb 4, 2011
    The 70s and 80s inspired artist Lady Gaga started her career fantastically with her debut album "The Fame". With catchy dance beats, wonderfully written lyrics and amazing vocals, the album is not to disappoint, that is if you are an 80s fan, of course. The Fame is generally about the bright side of the fame. Money, love, paparazzi, dance, beauty, wealth and relationships is what's mentioned in the album. Every track has a story behind it, unlike many other pop artists these days. Lady Gaga is not just pop, she is also Pop Rock and Rock n' Roll. The Fame is worth buying. Expand
  21. Feb 21, 2011
    What an album. Lady GaGa has brought pop music back to life. With now over 12million copies shipped worldwide she must be doing somthing right. This album has pretty much everything. Upbeat, sexy, witty and most of all memorable. The album could pretty much be played in a club as a stand alone. It's difficult to put into words how good this album actually is. The only negative i have is in parts the lyrics. Lady GaGa prides herself on being a songwriter, and rightfully so - for example Paparazzi. But i do feel she has slightly overshot herself, as alot of the lyrics repeat, if not in wording, definalty in meaning. I get the impression the main thing on her mind was Boys when she was writting. But still - thats the only negative i can come up with. This album will live forever. Expand
  22. May 24, 2011
    POSITIVE - This album is one of the best debuts albums of all time. It offers one track after another with a new sound. You can imagine playing this album over and over again in a club and getting excited each time 'Poker Face', 'Just Dance' and 'Starstruck' repeat. She has taken over the world of music with this album, not just in sound but in image. Her image speaks to so many people, being different but stunning all at the same time. Each track is produced to perfection, each track offering difference, but at the same time one sound making it the ultimate package. NEGATIVE. Not many to choose from, but one i must mention....Lady GaGa prides herself on her meaningful songwriting which can be heard in 'Paparazzi', 'Brown Eyes' and others, but certain tracks such as, although good, are very basic lyrically. There is a reoccuring sound about 'Boys', taking her to an anmost typical level of pop song writting. Another negative is although this is an Electronica album at times it almost crosses the Urban genre, 'Starstuck'(although brilliant) and 'Paper Gangster'(again, brilliant) feel slightly out of place. OVERALL. An album that has sold over 13 million copies. Say's it all really. This album will go down in history for all the right reasons. The number one reason being this is pop music, pop culture and pop image at it's absolute greatest. A masterpiece of pop production and an instant icon has been created. Expand
  23. Mar 6, 2011
    The Fame heavily borrows material from 70s' disco and 80s' electropop, highly notable in "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)". "Just Dance", "Poker Face", and "Paparazzi" are no doubt, life-changing pop tracks, while I'll go as far as calling "Starstruck" and "Paper Gangsta" underrated. The album's overall creativity is a bit overrated, due to its repeated use of the same synths and base tracks. But The Fame introduces us to GaGa, a glamorously stylish, yet powerful woman who wants to change the world of pop music forever. Expand
  24. Apr 3, 2011
    I think this is one of the great pop albums of all time. It eschewed its day's pop standards and made it to the top of the charts off its own merits. Every song on here is gold. Don't miss "Paper Gangster" or "Brown Eyes."
  25. May 23, 2011
    It's like getting in an artsy club that plays something that's a sort of high class dance pop experiment going from silly (LoveGame) to epic (Poker Face) to hypnotic (Starstruck) to actually fun (Summerboy). You "Just Dance" as expected but as you leave the ecstatic club, you can't help but return.
  26. May 26, 2011
    The album is great with several standout tracks, but does not come close to the amazing "The Fame Monster" and "Born This Way". It is, however, exactly what she needed to get noticed.
  27. Jun 7, 2011
    "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" is catchy but poorly written. "Disco Heaven" is boring and lifeless. The rest of the album is pretty solid. Her second best song ever after "Alejandro" is the unforgettable "Paparazzi".
  28. May 27, 2011
    Lady GaGa desverves the success this album has give her. 4 Number one hits, 12,000,000 copies sold and 5 Grammy nominations speak for themselves in this, unusual, amazing, stunning abum.
  29. Aug 11, 2011
    THE FAME isn't perfect; it could use some work, such as better singing and a lot like that, but it's pretty catchy, and it's a solid start to Lady Gaga's career.

1. Fueled by heavy dance tracks and popping electronic beats, The Fame, the first album by the glamorous Lady Gaga, is a well-crafted sampling of feisty anti-pop in high quality.
  2. The full-length The Fame proves she's more than one hit and a bag of stage tricks.
  3. Listen a little closer to the sly, snarky lyrics and glam grooves on this feisty debut and you'll hear that this former downtown New York spice girl has at least a few things on her dirty mind.