The Fame - Lady Gaga
7.5

Review this album

1. Mar 2, 2011
    Lady Gaga turned pretentious pretty damn fast. Even music videos like "Paparazzi" smacked of try-hard quite early on in her career. But the music on The Fame has no delusions of grandeur, a quality I don't expect to see from Lady Gaga in any of her work in the immediate future. Here she is fixed on bringing straightforward, catchy hits to the table, and for the most part she delivers. For me, "Money Honey" is the most original and appealing track on the album. Expand
  2. Aug 16, 2010
    There is no doubting Lady Gaga's potential with this impressive debut but by the end it does get slightly repetitive. From the obvious 'Just Dance' and 'Poker Face' there are also other good tracks like 'Brown Eyes' and 'Paper Gangsta' but these are let down by generic pop tracks like 'Boys,Boys,Boys'. The album is slightly to light hearted and has little dark elements,luckily, she released the Fame Monster the following you which I feel is a much more rounded and confident production. Expand
  3. May 24, 2011
    Gaga's debut shows her talent in catchy yet simple Poker Face and Just Dance. Though with songs like Eh, Eh, Disco Heaven, Again Again and Brown Eyes is falls to flat from being a masterpiece.
  4. May 31, 2011
    The Fame is both undeniably catchy and forgettable. While Lady GaGa herself proves to be a rising star in mainstream music, some of the tracks are just too similar to one another, using the same repetitive melodies and synths. Its standout tracks are its two lead singles, "Just Dance" and "Poker Face", which have proven to be a bold success. One of its weaker moments are "Eh Eh", which relies too much on cliche synths drawn from the '80s. Expand
  5. Aug 13, 2010
    'The Fame' is an excellent album - it has many amazing songs such as Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi, Love Game and I like it rough... however, that is basically the first part of the album. The second part with the other songs, just kind of feels as if it is misplaced. I don't know, the last 8 songs seem unnecessary and forced somehow. Nevertheless, Gaga's first album is definitely a good one! Good for clubbing and dancing, and manages to provide with songs that will be stuck in your head for weeks, if not months. Definitely one of the most refreshing and simply best albums of recent memory! Expand
  6. Aug 14, 2010
    A mainstream artist, but she writes her own albums, sings live, has catchy songs, and designs her own clothes; she is her own boss; hey, the only people who gave this 0 are those prejudiced against mainstream music and are too stubborn to change their mindset. Lady Gaga is on her way to becoming the next Madonna, and that is pretty rare. "Just Dance", "Paparazzi". "Poker Face", "Love Game" all fit the "The Fame" perfectly, and the other songs aren't half-bad. Overall, a great album. Expand
  7. Aug 14, 2010
    Lady Gaga rocks! She's such an inspiration source to all of us; be ur self. She writes her own songs, sing live exceptional and her songs are catchy. Don't know how anyone can dislike her.
  8. Feb 20, 2011
    Her music is electronic gold. She has serious talent & knows how to make the nightclub come alive. Of course, that doesn't mean she isn't completely bonkers. Seriously, a meat dress?
  9. Oct 21, 2010
    I chose to give this album a seven because I think that for a debut album, the potential is high. She actually cares about what she's doing for a change. She's not a "go in, get the money, get out" kind of person. She's in it, and she's staying in it. The songs are well-crafted, and while about 1/4 of the albums's songs are not even too great (there's some filler around the ending), it is still one of the best female pop debut albums of the past...five years? Maybe ten. Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2010
    This could be the debut of all time. Gaga's sound is amazing .The top tracks are "Just Dance", "I Like It Rough", and "paper gangster". Though the song "Starstruck" gets to be repetitive, even with Flo Rida, and Space Cowboy. this is a great start for any career.
  11. Nov 21, 2010
    I love this album! Some of the album tracks: Paper Gangsta, Starstruck, Beautiful Dirty Rich and Brown Eyes are among my favourites from her. The epic Poker Face and the avant-garde Paparazzi make this album one of the best pop albums released in the last decade.
  12. Dec 6, 2010
    The Fame is like, you don't know what it's music but, then you hear it and you realize of what is music. The Fame is just amazing, should be the album of the year.
  13. Nov 25, 2010
    She's pretty good. There are several misses on the album but overall, a solid debut. I think she released the best songs as singles, but I also think Starstruck and I Like it Rough are standouts.
  14. Nov 27, 2010
    The Fame is my 2009's favorite album. No songs are boring. It makes u feel u are famous. It is catchy and danceable pop album. It also touches a glimpse of Rock 'n' Roll. It made me shift from Rock to Pop. So far, the best pop album since 2003 releases.
  15. Dec 8, 2010
    Lady Gaga's debut has to be one of the greatest! The woman's vocals are what sets this album apart from the rest of the trash. If anyone could do pop it is Gaga, she is changing it as we speak, everyone feels like they have to compete with her. "Poker Face" and "Just Dance" were number one hits, while "LoveGame" and "Paparazzi" were amazing songs. Gaga is not trying to be a generic pop star and she is showing that with the range she showcases on this album. The talent is unmeasureable. Great debut album! Expand
  16. Dec 8, 2010
    I like this album better than "The Fame Monster". I was disappointed in that album. This one was great. Here's a track-by-track review on the album (Note: This review is based on y opinion is based on my tastes so don't hate!)

Just Dance - i remember listening to this song when she first came out. It was kinda overplayed. 8.5/10

LoveGame - Inappropriate, but when I first listened to this
    song, i became obsessed with her. I've chilled out a little, since there are other good artists out there, mostly previous generation ones, but oh well. 8/10

Paparazzi - I love this song, one of my favorites, but it's not my absolute favorite. She either was Auto-Tuned, or she has a high vocal range, since she hit the E5 note. which hardly ANYONE can hit. Christina Aguilera can! she can hit an E6 or even higher! 9/10

Poker Face - Overrated and over played but it's her most popular song by far! Nothing much to say about it. 8.5/10

Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) - This song is very girly and makes me happy inside! I love the lyrics. she needs to sing this song live again! 9/10

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich - Good, not great, but should make it to her greatest hits. 7/10

The Fame - Not the best, good title track, but it's just..... Not single worthy. i like it though. 6/10

Money Honey - about the same as The Fame, in a way, they're pretty much the same song, one one talks about being famous, and the other one talks about being rich. It would sound better if the song were pitch higher about one key. 6/10

Starstruck - Oh yeah! I love this song! She needs to sing it live again! It's a great dance song, and has a good rap verse. she even uses Auto-Tune! OMG! 9/10

Boys, Boys, Boys - About as good as Beautiful, Dirty, Rich. Not the best, but it was single worthy. 7/10

Paper Gangsta - This is pretty much THE piano song! I hear she wrote it when she was a coke user! She puts piano, electronic beats, a heavy bass, and rapping in the verses and She has a song! She needs to perform this song live again. she uses Auto-Tune also! 9/10

Brown Eyes - A kinda boring song, i mean I like it better than Speechless, but ballads are her low/weak point on the her albums. i can't believe she removed this song from The Monster Ball and replaced it with You and I which is even worse than this song! better than Speechless and you and I. 5/10

I Like It Rough - she shoulda released this song as a single! it's awesome! and I've never heard her perform the song live ONCE! I want it to be on her Tour! 9/10

Summerboy - Hands down best song on the album in my opinion! I love this song i listen to it several times every day! It's a great closing song. It's a hidden treasure! she only performed it at Lollapalooza 2007! If she performs this song on her Born This Way Tour, she should close the concert with this song! Great album and concert ender! 10/10

I loved this album so much. The Fame Monster let me down, I still have hope for Born This Way! I will get it the day it comes out! But if it lets me down, then I will not be afraid to say The Fame is her best work!
  17. Jan 2, 2011
    The fantastic Lady GaGa's debut album is nothing short of incredible. It's chock full of hits and it consistently entertains. Shockingly, almost nothing on the album is a complete throwaway, with the only exception being Disco Heaven. It's the album that single-handedly brought electro-pop to America: It's gotta be amazing.
  18. Jan 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. This is the worst album ive ever heard. Her image sucks, her songs make no sense, her music sounds like Sweet 16 birthday party gone wild and shes a total Roisin Murphy,Madonna,Britney, Christina ripoff, trying to be cool+ sexy.The name Gaga suits her. I do not recommend this album to anyone with a good music taste. Expand
  19. Jan 31, 2011
    When I heard her single 'Just Dance', I did not liked her at all. But, when I took the time to listen to each and every song of the album, I realized that each of them has his little something that makes it special. Songs like "The Fame" or "Summerboy" took me back in summer, while "Paper Gangsta" or "Brown Eyes" are simply beautiful songs with catchy lyrics. The album, overall, is well made, with delightful beats, varied songs, and the faultless voice of an incredible artist. Expand
  20. Feb 4, 2011
    The 70s and 80s inspired artist Lady Gaga started her career fantastically with her debut album "The Fame". With catchy dance beats, wonderfully written lyrics and amazing vocals, the album is not to disappoint, that is if you are an 80s fan, of course. The Fame is generally about the bright side of the fame. Money, love, paparazzi, dance, beauty, wealth and relationships is what's mentioned in the album. Every track has a story behind it, unlike many other pop artists these days. Lady Gaga is not just pop, she is also Pop Rock and Rock n' Roll. The Fame is worth buying. Expand
  21. Feb 21, 2011
    What an album. Lady GaGa has brought pop music back to life. With now over 12million copies shipped worldwide she must be doing somthing right. This album has pretty much everything. Upbeat, sexy, witty and most of all memorable. The album could pretty much be played in a club as a stand alone. It's difficult to put into words how good this album actually is. The only negative i have is in parts the lyrics. Lady GaGa prides herself on being a songwriter, and rightfully so - for example Paparazzi. But i do feel she has slightly overshot herself, as alot of the lyrics repeat, if not in wording, definalty in meaning. I get the impression the main thing on her mind was Boys when she was writting. But still - thats the only negative i can come up with. This album will live forever. Expand
  22. May 24, 2011
    POSITIVE - This album is one of the best debuts albums of all time. It offers one track after another with a new sound. You can imagine playing this album over and over again in a club and getting excited each time 'Poker Face', 'Just Dance' and 'Starstruck' repeat. She has taken over the world of music with this album, not just in sound but in image. Her image speaks to so many people, being different but stunning all at the same time. Each track is produced to perfection, each track offering difference, but at the same time one sound making it the ultimate package. NEGATIVE. Not many to choose from, but one i must mention....Lady GaGa prides herself on her meaningful songwriting which can be heard in 'Paparazzi', 'Brown Eyes' and others, but certain tracks such as, although good, are very basic lyrically. There is a reoccuring sound about 'Boys', taking her to an anmost typical level of pop song writting. Another negative is although this is an Electronica album at times it almost crosses the Urban genre, 'Starstuck'(although brilliant) and 'Paper Gangster'(again, brilliant) feel slightly out of place. OVERALL. An album that has sold over 13 million copies. Say's it all really. This album will go down in history for all the right reasons. The number one reason being this is pop music, pop culture and pop image at it's absolute greatest. A masterpiece of pop production and an instant icon has been created. Expand
  23. Mar 6, 2011
    The Fame heavily borrows material from 70s' disco and 80s' electropop, highly notable in "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)". "Just Dance", "Poker Face", and "Paparazzi" are no doubt, life-changing pop tracks, while I'll go as far as calling "Starstruck" and "Paper Gangsta" underrated. The album's overall creativity is a bit overrated, due to its repeated use of the same synths and base tracks. But The Fame introduces us to GaGa, a glamorously stylish, yet powerful woman who wants to change the world of pop music forever. Expand
  24. Apr 3, 2011
    I think this is one of the great pop albums of all time. It eschewed its day's pop standards and made it to the top of the charts off its own merits. Every song on here is gold. Don't miss "Paper Gangster" or "Brown Eyes."
  25. May 23, 2011
    It's like getting in an artsy club that plays something that's a sort of high class dance pop experiment going from silly (LoveGame) to epic (Poker Face) to hypnotic (Starstruck) to actually fun (Summerboy). You "Just Dance" as expected but as you leave the ecstatic club, you can't help but return.
  26. May 26, 2011
    The album is great with several standout tracks, but does not come close to the amazing "The Fame Monster" and "Born This Way". It is, however, exactly what she needed to get noticed.
  27. Jun 7, 2011
    "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" is catchy but poorly written. "Disco Heaven" is boring and lifeless. The rest of the album is pretty solid. Her second best song ever after "Alejandro" is the unforgettable "Paparazzi".
  28. May 27, 2011
    Lady GaGa desverves the success this album has give her. 4 Number one hits, 12,000,000 copies sold and 5 Grammy nominations speak for themselves in this, unusual, amazing, stunning abum.
  29. Aug 11, 2011
    THE FAME isn't perfect; it could use some work, such as better singing and a lot like that, but it's pretty catchy, and it's a solid start to Lady Gaga's career.
  30. Jul 27, 2011
    Fame, fashion, glam, pop, and performance art in one compact disc. "The Fame" allows pop music and performance art to come together (again) with clever sounds and lyrics. There is a type of "innocent fame" aura to the album that shows vulnerability. But in the end the album is about your everyday women in the society of fame and pop music. While some tracks feel like filler for album length, the stronger songs will keep you coming back. Expand
  31. Jul 31, 2011
    Track By Track: Just Dance- good dancey song, very fun & loveable. LoveGame- dirty but nice...it is super fun and the chorus is short and memorable. Paparazzi- love, love, love! kind of a ballad but it's not, it's sweet and fresh. Poker Face- best track in the album such an amazing song, it is one of the best tracks of the decade. Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)- not the best track but its a good listen, it feels out of place in this album. Beautiful, Dirty, Rich- ugh,,. bad bad bad it just sucks so bad. The Fame- pretty bad too i dnt like it. Money Honey- haha it's so cute! i love it. Starstruck- my 11 yr. old sister loves this song. It's her favorite GaGa song ever. I like it too. Boys Boys Boys- a highlight. it is cute and so electro-rock n roll. Paper Gangsta- bad song. she doesn't rap very well. Brown Eyes- sweet pungent rock and roll highlight. I Like It Rough- OK. NOt good. Not Bad. Summerboy- i like it. She sounds cool and the lyrics are fun and sexy.
    Best Tracks- Poker Face, Paparazzi, Boys Boys Boys, Brown Eyes
  32. Aug 26, 2011
    Muito bem produzido, Lady Gaga conseguiu trazer a dance music de vez para o topo das paradas e influenciou outros artistas à seguirem pelo mesmo caminho. Ou seja: um álbum que decidiu os rumos da indústria musical.
    Melhores faixas: Paparazzi / Poker Face / Summerboy
  33. Aug 23, 2011
    It's hard to write a review on this album when I know we've already gotten better albums from her. In retrospective this album was far from perfect. The singles are really the only songs that shine. Her goal was to create a plastic pop album to shoot her to fame and the album is as superficial as the album title suggests. This is more like 15 minutes of fame. This album is only gave us a glimpse of what GaGa was capable of and although it's a great debut it fails to match up to her greater more fleshed out albums that were released in the future. Songs like Paparazzi and Pokerface are pop classics already and started a pop cultural shift. Te Fame is the first digital album to cause a huge hurricane and GaGa is the new social media Queen. Expand
  34. Sep 10, 2011
    This is the Gaga we all liked. Not this freak, horn-implanted "woman" releasing songs that make her sound like the Anti-Christ. "Poker Face", "Eh Eh" and "Brown Eyes" are the best tracks of her career.
  35. Sep 27, 2011
    the people that say lady gaga sucks are wrong...i mean how many hits does she have? like 20! that's a ton! So people need to stop saying that her music sucks and calling people names because they like lady gaga. i get made fun of everyday for liking her...but i don't care one bit because she inspires me and over 30 million more people out there.
  36. Nov 4, 2011
    Lady GaGa's The Fame is a good album, that is filled with catchy songs that get stuck in your head, it's pretty good for a debut album. Looking forward to what song's she has next.
  37. Nov 26, 2011
    This album is MASTERPIECE!!! I Really love GaGa!!! "Just Dance" , "Poker Face" & "Paparazzi" are amaizing songs!!! 8) 8) 8)
  38. Dec 10, 2011
    An album that will go down in history, but for the right reasons? The singes are perfect but the rest of the tracks feel like filler apart from eh, eh(nothing else I can say), which is a pure pop song that most pop artists fail to create in their whole career, while gaga manages to do that with an album track. The other track which is great is paper gangster, it's a down-tempo pop ballard that has perfection written all over it. However the rest of the tracks sound the same and will become boring quite quickly. Nevertheless, this album contains some of the best dance-pop songs of the last ten years and all the songs are flawlessly written and produced. She puts her stamp on every song, I just think that the stamp doesn't differ that much on some of the songs. To finish, this album also contains the best song ever in my opinion, and it is worth buying just for this, the incredible poker face. Expand
  39. Jan 29, 2012
    A very well put together pop album. Whit this album she showed that she can writes great catchy pop songs. It's sexy, it's fun, it's smart it's everything a pop fan could ask for.
  40. Mar 23, 2012
    Overrtaed a shell, though this album have some good songs!
  41. Mar 28, 2012
    Gaga fans usually prefer "Born this Way" to this, but i disagree. Yes, "Born this Way" is a good album but the real Lady Gaga is this. With an engaging and particular electronic sound and with an interesting concept, Gaga made a really good album. She also completed the concept with her incredible fashion style that shocked the world in the past years. So please Gaga, "Born this Way" is good, but return to this style. Expand
  42. Nov 8, 2013
    Amazing...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ness Expand
  43. Apr 6, 2011
    WTF Really? What is happening in music today? This "person" is a crappy singer and the beats sound like a pile of crap within another pile of crap. These are the types of people that should die or go away. But preferred to be dead.
  44. Nov 27, 2011
    Just Dance 10/10 Great Opener! Lovegame 9/10 I Fell This Song Is Magic... But Its Just Lacking A Little Peter Pan... Paparazzi 10/10 Great Great! Poker Face 10/10 Magical! Eh Eh (Nothng Else I Can Say) 10/10 Honestly I Love This Track Critic's Said "What Happed?" And Slammed The Song... Beautiful, Dirty, Rich 10/10 It Sounds Like A Song From The 90's! The Fame 8/10 Its Good.. Its Just Not Eh Eh Good...
    Money Honey 10/10
    Starstruck 8/10 Its Still A Good Song...It Just Never Stuck Out To Me.. Although It Did To Others..
    Boys Boys Boys 10/10 Sounds Like A Song From The 90's!
    Paper Gangsta 10/10 One Of My Favorite Tracks Off The Album... Because This Song Is Not Her Type Of Music! Its Different...
    Brown Eyes 8/10 The Most "Slow Dance" Song On The Album
    I Like It Rough 8/10 I Think Its A Filler Summer Boy 7/10 Its Not Bad.. But Its NOT GAGA At All.... To Pop....... I Smell A Filler!
    Disco Heaven 10/10 The Magic Starts Again!
    Again Again 10/10 Great!
    Retro Dance Freak 10/10 Its Great, But It Sounds Like Gwen Stefani.. But Thats Not Bad!

OK The Worst Songs On The Album ARE:
    I Like It Rough & Summer Boys
  45. Apr 19, 2011
    Giving it a one only because of the beats outside that, Garbage !!!..............................................................................................................................................
  46. May 25, 2012
    This a good, solid album of hers. It does have a lot of catchy songs. But it still lacks the impact that I want to have, although, I understand that this is her first album. But this is still a great way to start her career.....
  47. Mar 25, 2012
    Lady Gaga's debut album The Fame is just as easy to hear as any up-and-coming pop album, but is enriched with a catchy sound that carries Gaga's voice all the way through. Not the best album out there, but an excellent breakthrough debut that easily paves her road for future success. Gaga is clearly able to combine mainstream pop sound with phonetic brilliance that is usually absent from most albums. Expand
  48. CRL
    Jul 31, 2011
    I'll give a lot of credit to Lady Gaga; she writes/produces her own music which is more than can be said for most of the pop industry. And there are one or two songs where she actually shows how great her voice is instead of smothering it in cacophonous beats and monotonous pseudo-singing.
  49. Aug 14, 2011
    Even though she has 6-7 uber-mega hits, a different personality and different fashion, I cannot see anything more. Yes, I'm a gaga fan but next to fame monster and BTW, this just bubbly pop. I love 3-4 of the songs but rest, nah.
  50. Mar 4, 2012
    Probably my only favourite Gaga album mainly because this was before she was all over the tabloids. It's a really solid Pop album. Lot's of great tracks to dance to. They're a little repetitive at times but still great tracks. Standout ones include Pokerface, Starstrucck, Papparazi and Just Dance. It doesn't matter if your a fan of Lady Gaga,Pop music and music in general. You should buy this album Expand
  51. Nov 16, 2011
    If you're looking for generic dance beats with a nice pretty voice repeating the same line 20000 times dubbed over it, look no further. It's not only annoying, but I fail to see any appeal in hearing this. I beg the average consumer to look further than this, and stop buying this crap. This is good money. But this is not good art.
  52. Mar 8, 2012
    I don't be a biggest fan of Lady Gaga, but some of her songs are good, this is a good album, with some good songs, and this style is ingenious (but some strange for me), the voice of Gaga is good, a good CD.
  53. Mar 17, 2012
    Strengths: compelling listen, great for working out, perfect for dance parties etc.

Weaknesses: too suggestive, overly dirty, can't relate much, repetitive and contrived sound after a while, etc.
  54. Mar 19, 2012
    A fun dance-pop album, very overplayed but still enjoyable. It will certainly have you singing along, whilst it may lack some depth, it certainly doesn't diminish the albums amazing songs.
  55. Mar 20, 2012
    This is a good debut album with catchy and fun songs. Gaga has a great voice and knows how to use it.

By far this album is better than "Born This Way", but no better than "The Fame Monster"
  56. Mar 23, 2012
    A brilliant pop album. It's been over three years since I got this album and I still love it.
  57. Mar 26, 2012
    The Fame, despite having quite a lot of filler, is a good debut album from Lady Gaga. It's full of happy tracks which make you want to dance your butt to all night long. It's not perfect, far from it. Gaga does it better when she extended it, but it's quite a good start nonetheless
  58. Apr 2, 2012
    She is The Queen of POP Music. a Title she deserves. She has the most followers on Twitter, was the first on Facebook, Was the first to reach 1 billion, then 2 billion views on YouTube, with World records under her belt (or high heels) she is what pop music lacked. .
  59. Apr 7, 2012
    Love this album, Lady GaGa was amazing, the singles was amazing, Poker Face was epic, LOVE this album. So, Born This Way is my favorite. The Fame Monster so amazing too.
  60. Apr 26, 2012
    Gaga made a great first album. All of her singles were solid hits. I had the Fame Monster which was really good. Her songs are poppy, yet creative. She has a great voice to back it all up with.
  61. May 28, 2012
    One Of The Greatest Debut Albums Of All Time!
    Amazing Style Of Music!
  62. Jun 15, 2012
    Inspired by dancing rhythms of the disco, the album became a hit of 2008. The star became a star. Poker Face is most popular song EVER. Album of 2000's.
  63. Jun 25, 2012
    This album is full of "catchy" songs about fame. Its influential, but in the wrong direction. Highlights: Eh Eh Nothing That I Can Say

Lowlights: Gaga's autotuned/robotic vocals

64. Jun 27, 2012
    Very overrated. She has a great voice but just doesnt use it as it should be used. The album was rushed and cheaply produced. Was expecting a lot better. Dont waste your money.
  65. Nov 20, 2012
    Come on people, you can't think that this album is actually good! The lyrics don't tell the listener anything and the music is only electronic music, which is, however, not so bad. But The Fame is just another stupid pop album. The idea of catchy dance pop songs only adds up three times. The rest is quite poor stuff and you really don't have to listen to this album.
  66. May 17, 2013
    Crap...Sorry but anyone enjoying this has a bad taste in music.
  67. Mar 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the most enjoyable albums I ever heard, sounds different and variable, "Brown Eyes" surprised me, a simple and touching song, I never expected that from Gaga, but she did it, "Poker Face", "Just Dance" and "LoveGame" are the most dancing musics ever, and tracks like "Paper Gangsta", "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" keep the album balanced and highlighting. Expand
  68. Sep 3, 2012
    Is there any thing that's not on this disc from heaven. Surpassing other artists suck as Britney Spears and Beyonce, GaGa has outdone The Beatles and Queen with uptempo grooves like Just Dance and Poker Face alongside the most touching song ever: Brown Eyes. Is there something she can't do?
  69. Nov 14, 2012
    The first album of Lady Gaga shows how good musician she is, even being a young woman. It shows her great voice and performances, i like each song because all are so great and lively and the lyrics are so funny and intertesting.
  70. Oct 25, 2013
    When Lady Gaga first came on the scene back in 2008, few truly realised how talented she was. Having studied pop culture well, she knew that as a popstar, talent has to be fairly hidden initially if you wanted success and you couldn't be overly artistic either. She realised that if she wanted to make the music that she truly wanted, she had to sell out a bit at first. As such, she launched herself as an attractive, sexy popstar with top quality pop tunes that the public ate up. But a lot of people thought she was all style, no substance, couldn't sing, play an instrument or had anything interesting to say. But towards the end of The Fame's album campaign, she started changing a bit. She started pushing her vocal performances to prove she had a voice, she started playing piano live (a talent in which she was classically trained and had led to offers from Juliard) and she began to say rather intelligent things in interviews. And if you truly listened to her album, you would find that The Fame is highly satirical. The songs sound as if she is advocating a superficial lifestyle but on closer inspection, you realise she is actually critiquing it. Especially evident on songs like Paparazzi, The Fame, Just Dance, Lovegame and Money Honey, Lady Gaga is clearly "in on the joke." She cleverly released an album that sounded mainstream enough to sell yet its songs were actually picking fun at the mainstream if you listened closely. But the album wasn't just a swipe at fame. It also has genuinely touching ballads Brown Eyes and Again Again (available on some worldwide editions). Lady Gaga would go on to create better albums, but The Fame is still good for what it was. This album was the stepping stone that she needed to become famous and she could show her true talent later on, when the public had accepted her. All she needed was to open that door to be accepted in the first place and she could go her own way afterwards. The Fame was the perfect vehicle for this ambition. Not quite as outstanding when looking back on it 5 years later, but still very good as a pop album. Expand
  71. Dec 5, 2012
    I like this record but I think this is not the best record from her ( i think it's the """"""worst""""" she only got great records ). Gummy songs and Gaga has growed up and i think ARTPOP will smash others
  72. Dec 15, 2013
    Great album debut for a new artist. She has grown a lot since then and for the better. But this was a nice change at the time it was released and felt fresh. It´s the debut of one of the real artists we still have in mainstream music nowadays. So that alone deserved praise. Best song is Paparazzi by far, which is the one that leads to that better sound of hers we´ll get to see in her following albums. Expand
  73. Mar 11, 2013
    She is one of the artists who is redefining pop music. This album is all about "the fame", which can be taken literally or sarcastically, depending on how you look at it. Her voice is phenomenal and she blends many decades into one record pretty perfectly.
  74. Mar 24, 2013
    Just A Amazing Debut! The Best Album Of 2008 Along With Katy Perry's One Of The Boys!
  75. Mar 28, 2013
    This album was fine. "Poker Face" and "LoveGame" stood out above the rest of the tracks.
  76. Jun 15, 2013
    An astounding album, especially for a debut. It really comes as no surprise that it took the world completely by storm. It certainly paved the road for a woman we can now proudly call the Queen of Pop.
  77. Aug 15, 2013
    I love Lady Gaga. This album is truly amazing. You can listen to it at any time, and the upbeat tracks will cheer you up immediately. Definitely a must buy.
  78. Oct 13, 2013
    amazing album, she managed to create an album electopop iconic, one of the best albums of recent years, the electronic sound mixed with pop and fashion made ​​a success of THE FAME
  79. Oct 17, 2013
    perfect material, perfect production, it´s an amazing pop album with a good vibe and influences, it´s fresh, funny, catchy, i could dance all night longe, lady gaga is an amazing singer and she´s so experimental, so smart with her songs, that´s why i like her music so so much good luck girl, you´re gonna so so far
  80. Nov 2, 2013
    Between Poker Face, Just Dance and Nothing Else I Can Say, you'll feel that this album has been in your head forever. That's not necessarily a bad thing :P
  81. Nov 5, 2013
    Un gran album debut, tiene canciones muy bailables que mezclan la fama con el amor, ademas tiene canciones que te recordaran tiempos memorables como los 80's!
  82. Nov 10, 2013
    Years later after release I'm still loving The Fame. It still gets me dancing! It's such a great album and it a definitely a classic. I would recommend buying this on iTunes.Every song is amazing. I guarantee this is a great album to have, that can compare to any album of today.
    My Personal favorites are: Love Game, Poker Face, Just Dance, and Starstruck.
  83. Nov 13, 2013
    I was not a Gaga fan until I saw her "Fame Ball" tour and then it all changed. She channels a fresh pop sensibility into each track. Her knowing of how to energize a crowd will surely give her longevity.
  84. Nov 29, 2013
    A mildly favourable album, with pop songs that will appeal to the masses due to the infectious tunes and beats. Songs like Eh, Eh, Starstruck & Boys Boys Boys are easy on the ears while Just Dance & Poker Face are obvious club bangers, with the latter two later becoming the breakthroughs for her career. There's nothing much to dislike on the album, but most of the later songs played are obvious fillers. With the exception of Eh, Eh, Lady Gaga and her record label definitely chose the right hits to represent her album as singles.

Standout Tracks: Just Dance (ft. Colby O'Donis), LoveGame, Poker Face
  85. Dec 3, 2013
    A half electropop album mouth that piggybacked on the Blackout by Britney Spears. Gaga tries to get influences from David Bowie to merge with their pop music, but fails in the attempt. The Fame is showing a frustrating and extremely pretentious debut.
  86. Dec 30, 2013
    She has everything to be a star in pop music. "The Fame" is one of the best debut albums of the decade. "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "Paparazzi" and "Brown Eyes" are my most recommended songs. Lady Gaga gave a new breath to pop culture with this fresh music but certainly she needs to polish herself a little bit more as an artist and explore all the talent she has to be on top.
  87. Jan 12, 2014
    Ahh,good old Lady Gaga, it all started here,good old The Fame days, the days then Lady Gaga was new,fresh "it girl", The Fame is not bad, I would say even a good album with a many hits and few slower songs in the back, Poker Face shows this album potential it has, amazing work Lady Gaga! My first physical CD and digital album I bought and I'm very happy with that,I was satisfied!
  88. Jan 31, 2014
    Overall great debut album, she was my 2009, highlights are just dance, poker face, paparazzi, lovegame, I like it rough, money honey, boys boys boys and brown eyes
  89. Mar 24, 2014
    This album just isn't her best. Yeah, it's a debut album, but it could be better produced and edited. However, there are still 4 or 5 songs that are quite enjoyable to my ears.

1. Fueled by heavy dance tracks and popping electronic beats, The Fame, the first album by the glamorous Lady Gaga, is a well-crafted sampling of feisty anti-pop in high quality.
  2. The full-length The Fame proves she's more than one hit and a bag of stage tricks.
  3. Listen a little closer to the sly, snarky lyrics and glam grooves on this feisty debut and you'll hear that this former downtown New York spice girl has at least a few things on her dirty mind.