7.8

Review this album

1. JonA.
    Jan 18, 2009
    To have a great pop album you need the basics... fun/cheesy lyrics, big chourses, and over dramatic vocal arrangements. This is exactly what Gaga has mastered in... not only are these songs cacthy as hell, you can't help but want to listen to them over and over again. It's a solid pop effort and will do wonders for her career. Music aside...she brings it all together threw her To have a great pop album you need the basics... fun/cheesy lyrics, big chourses, and over dramatic vocal arrangements. This is exactly what Gaga has mastered in... not only are these songs cacthy as hell, you can't help but want to listen to them over and over again. It's a solid pop effort and will do wonders for her career. Music aside...she brings it all together threw her performances and videos and it leaves you addicted. She's a force to look out for. Expand
  2. anonymousF.
    Mar 21, 2009
    You go, GaGa girl! The Fame is, without question, the best pop album in a long time! Lady GaGa's clever fusion of Euro-dance, electro-pop, and pop-rock blew me away, and I'm sure it will for you, too! With Just Dance, Poker Face, Paper Gangsta, Paparazzi, The Fame, and Starstruck leading the herd, it's a party where everyone's famous, and everyone can "Just Dance" to You go, GaGa girl! The Fame is, without question, the best pop album in a long time! Lady GaGa's clever fusion of Euro-dance, electro-pop, and pop-rock blew me away, and I'm sure it will for you, too! With Just Dance, Poker Face, Paper Gangsta, Paparazzi, The Fame, and Starstruck leading the herd, it's a party where everyone's famous, and everyone can "Just Dance" to their own favorite! Expand
  3. Shay
    Apr 16, 2009
    One of the true great achievement of 08! This is true pop bliss at it's finest.
  4. JordanF
    Apr 29, 2009
    Overall an amazing album. It's better than anything Britney or Christina have put out and it's a lot fresher too. The in-your-face jams of Just Dance, Poker Face and LoveGame are fun to dance to. It's undeniable.
  5. JacobT.
    Jul 22, 2009
    First of all responding to one of the comments, Lady Gaga is not a one hit wonder. She already has two #1s with Just Dance and Poker Face. And another Top 5 hit with LoveGame. To me this is pop at its very very best. About 10 of the songs on The Fame are extremely solid, and the other 4 are still quite good. This is a DEFINITE must for an electro-pop fan. The beats are absolutely amazing First of all responding to one of the comments, Lady Gaga is not a one hit wonder. She already has two #1s with Just Dance and Poker Face. And another Top 5 hit with LoveGame. To me this is pop at its very very best. About 10 of the songs on The Fame are extremely solid, and the other 4 are still quite good. This is a DEFINITE must for an electro-pop fan. The beats are absolutely amazing and Lady Gaga's voice is original and wonderfully different. Her quizzical lyrics and odd but brilliant style make The Fame a marvelous album dripping with dance and sing-along songs. My favorite album of 2009!!!!!!! Go Gaga !!! Expand
  6. JinkyB
    Aug 21, 2009
    I really love this music album.
  7. CF
    Dec 11, 2008
    Crazy dance-syth album! so fun at parties. great lyrics, even better musicality. this album combined with her high energy stage shows result in one successful artist.
  8. KolbyL
    Aug 31, 2009
    While I can see how people can hate Lady GaGa for some sexy lyrics, she undoubtedly has the ability and the balls to do it. This is the only album I have ever been able to listen to each song more than once without tiring. The songs are catchy, the sound is divine, and the artist is delivers iun a rush of fun, sex, and love.
  9. theheat
    Nov 24, 2008
    Well beyonce disappointed us all with her latest and surprisingly this cd was a fresh, electronic dance cd that I enjoy popping in my car. Amazon.com also said it was one of their favorites they listend too also. You go LADY GAGA!!!!!
  10. DarkSTAR
    Dec 4, 2009
    Lada Gaga's debut is a whirlwind, fast-lane journey into the life or the rich, fabulous and utterly filthy. Appropriately titled "The Fame" Gaga's delightfully twirks eletronica and 80s pop. Nearly all of the album works as a solid dance efforts, but Gaga falls short is some songs, namely "Brown Eyes." The ballad falls flat against the backdrop of the club pounding hits. While Lada Gaga's debut is a whirlwind, fast-lane journey into the life or the rich, fabulous and utterly filthy. Appropriately titled "The Fame" Gaga's delightfully twirks eletronica and 80s pop. Nearly all of the album works as a solid dance efforts, but Gaga falls short is some songs, namely "Brown Eyes." The ballad falls flat against the backdrop of the club pounding hits. While not highly innovated and often too over-produced, "The Fame" offers some of the best dance hits in years. ALBUM HIGHLIGHTS: "Poker Face", "Paparazzi", "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich", "Starstruck", "LoveGame" ALBUM DUDS: "Eh, Eh", "I Like It Rough", "Brown Eyes". Expand
  11. DaveC.
    Apr 21, 2009
    To me, this is an undeniably good album. I never would've thought I would like it is much as I do, but it's so hard not to get into these songs. Lady Gaga has a knack for writing songs that you actually don't mind getting stuck in your head. They are catchy in all the right ways. Granted, some of the songs border on filler material, but overall, this is an extremely solid To me, this is an undeniably good album. I never would've thought I would like it is much as I do, but it's so hard not to get into these songs. Lady Gaga has a knack for writing songs that you actually don't mind getting stuck in your head. They are catchy in all the right ways. Granted, some of the songs border on filler material, but overall, this is an extremely solid debut. Some of it seems ridiculous, but it's almost as if Lady Gaga is shoving it in your face, saying "I know this is cheesy, over-the-top pop, but you're going to love it!" And I do. I really do. Expand
  12. DrakeM
    Aug 26, 2009
    Lady GaGa comes into the pop genre when it was really beginning to crumble upon its self from the meaningless lyrics from singers just trying to seize fame. "The Fame" has brought forth a new wave of original artistry from one that used to only provide the hits for others. Her vocal abilities range from a dance club hit to a powerful ballad. All sides of the pop genre spectrum are Lady GaGa comes into the pop genre when it was really beginning to crumble upon its self from the meaningless lyrics from singers just trying to seize fame. "The Fame" has brought forth a new wave of original artistry from one that used to only provide the hits for others. Her vocal abilities range from a dance club hit to a powerful ballad. All sides of the pop genre spectrum are excelled by Lady GaGa's debut album, and this is just the beginning. Expand
  13. ChrisM
    Nov 22, 2009
    Still listening to this album a year later.
  14. NikolaD
    Nov 11, 2009
    Probably the best pop / dance album in the first decades of the 21st century.
  15. Feb 20, 2011
    Her music is electronic gold. She has serious talent & knows how to make the nightclub come alive. Of course, that doesn't mean she isn't completely bonkers. Seriously, a meat dress?
  16. Nov 6, 2010
    This could be the debut of all time. Gaga's sound is amazing .The top tracks are "Just Dance", "I Like It Rough", and "paper gangster". Though the song "Starstruck" gets to be repetitive, even with Flo Rida, and Space Cowboy. this is a great start for any career.
  17. Dec 6, 2010
    The Fame is like, you don't know what it's music but, then you hear it and you realize of what is music. The Fame is just amazing, should be the album of the year.
  18. Nov 25, 2010
    She's pretty good. There are several misses on the album but overall, a solid debut. I think she released the best songs as singles, but I also think Starstruck and I Like it Rough are standouts.
  19. Nov 27, 2010
    The Fame is my 2009's favorite album. No songs are boring. It makes u feel u are famous. It is catchy and danceable pop album. It also touches a glimpse of Rock 'n' Roll. It made me shift from Rock to Pop. So far, the best pop album since 2003 releases.
  20. Dec 8, 2010
    Lady Gaga's debut has to be one of the greatest! The woman's vocals are what sets this album apart from the rest of the trash. If anyone could do pop it is Gaga, she is changing it as we speak, everyone feels like they have to compete with her. "Poker Face" and "Just Dance" were number one hits, while "LoveGame" and "Paparazzi" were amazing songs. Gaga is not trying to be a generic popLady Gaga's debut has to be one of the greatest! The woman's vocals are what sets this album apart from the rest of the trash. If anyone could do pop it is Gaga, she is changing it as we speak, everyone feels like they have to compete with her. "Poker Face" and "Just Dance" were number one hits, while "LoveGame" and "Paparazzi" were amazing songs. Gaga is not trying to be a generic pop star and she is showing that with the range she showcases on this album. The talent is unmeasureable. Great debut album! Expand
  21. Dec 8, 2010
    I like this album better than "The Fame Monster". I was disappointed in that album. This one was great. Here's a track-by-track review on the album (Note: This review is based on y opinion is based on my tastes so don't hate!)

Just Dance - i remember listening to this song when she first came out. It was kinda overplayed. 8.5/10 LoveGame - Inappropriate, but when I first listened to this

LoveGame - Inappropriate, but when I first listened to this song, i became obsessed with her. I've chilled out a little, since there are other good artists out there, mostly previous generation ones, but oh well. 8/10

Paparazzi - I love this song, one of my favorites, but it's not my absolute favorite. She either was Auto-Tuned, or she has a high vocal range, since she hit the E5 note. which hardly ANYONE can hit. Christina Aguilera can! she can hit an E6 or even higher! 9/10

Poker Face - Overrated and over played but it's her most popular song by far! Nothing much to say about it. 8.5/10

Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) - This song is very girly and makes me happy inside! I love the lyrics. she needs to sing this song live again! 9/10

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich - Good, not great, but should make it to her greatest hits. 7/10

The Fame - Not the best, good title track, but it's just..... Not single worthy. i like it though. 6/10

Money Honey - about the same as The Fame, in a way, they're pretty much the same song, one one talks about being famous, and the other one talks about being rich. It would sound better if the song were pitch higher about one key. 6/10

Starstruck - Oh yeah! I love this song! She needs to sing it live again! It's a great dance song, and has a good rap verse. she even uses Auto-Tune! OMG! 9/10

Boys, Boys, Boys - About as good as Beautiful, Dirty, Rich. Not the best, but it was single worthy. 7/10

Paper Gangsta - This is pretty much THE piano song! I hear she wrote it when she was a coke user! She puts piano, electronic beats, a heavy bass, and rapping in the verses and She has a song! She needs to perform this song live again. she uses Auto-Tune also! 9/10

Brown Eyes - A kinda boring song, i mean I like it better than Speechless, but ballads are her low/weak point on the her albums. i can't believe she removed this song from The Monster Ball and replaced it with You and I which is even worse than this song! better than Speechless and you and I. 5/10

I Like It Rough - she shoulda released this song as a single! it's awesome! and I've never heard her perform the song live ONCE! I want it to be on her Tour! 9/10

Summerboy - Hands down best song on the album in my opinion! I love this song i listen to it several times every day! It's a great closing song. It's a hidden treasure! she only performed it at Lollapalooza 2007! If she performs this song on her Born This Way Tour, she should close the concert with this song! Great album and concert ender! 10/10

I loved this album so much. The Fame Monster let me down, I still have hope for Born This Way! I will get it the day it comes out! But if it lets me down, then I will not be afraid to say The Fame is her best work!
  22. Jan 2, 2011
    The fantastic Lady GaGa's debut album is nothing short of incredible. It's chock full of hits and it consistently entertains. Shockingly, almost nothing on the album is a complete throwaway, with the only exception being Disco Heaven. It's the album that single-handedly brought electro-pop to America: It's gotta be amazing.
  23. Feb 4, 2011
    The 70s and 80s inspired artist Lady Gaga started her career fantastically with her debut album "The Fame". With catchy dance beats, wonderfully written lyrics and amazing vocals, the album is not to disappoint, that is if you are an 80s fan, of course. The Fame is generally about the bright side of the fame. Money, love, paparazzi, dance, beauty, wealth and relationships is what'sThe 70s and 80s inspired artist Lady Gaga started her career fantastically with her debut album "The Fame". With catchy dance beats, wonderfully written lyrics and amazing vocals, the album is not to disappoint, that is if you are an 80s fan, of course. The Fame is generally about the bright side of the fame. Money, love, paparazzi, dance, beauty, wealth and relationships is what's mentioned in the album. Every track has a story behind it, unlike many other pop artists these days. Lady Gaga is not just pop, she is also Pop Rock and Rock n' Roll. The Fame is worth buying. Expand
  24. Feb 21, 2011
    What an album. Lady GaGa has brought pop music back to life. With now over 12million copies shipped worldwide she must be doing somthing right. This album has pretty much everything. Upbeat, sexy, witty and most of all memorable. The album could pretty much be played in a club as a stand alone. It's difficult to put into words how good this album actually is. The only negative i have is inWhat an album. Lady GaGa has brought pop music back to life. With now over 12million copies shipped worldwide she must be doing somthing right. This album has pretty much everything. Upbeat, sexy, witty and most of all memorable. The album could pretty much be played in a club as a stand alone. It's difficult to put into words how good this album actually is. The only negative i have is in parts the lyrics. Lady GaGa prides herself on being a songwriter, and rightfully so - for example Paparazzi. But i do feel she has slightly overshot herself, as alot of the lyrics repeat, if not in wording, definalty in meaning. I get the impression the main thing on her mind was Boys when she was writting. But still - thats the only negative i can come up with. This album will live forever. Expand
  25. Apr 3, 2011
    I think this is one of the great pop albums of all time. It eschewed its day's pop standards and made it to the top of the charts off its own merits. Every song on here is gold. Don't miss "Paper Gangster" or "Brown Eyes."
  26. Jun 7, 2011
    "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" is catchy but poorly written. "Disco Heaven" is boring and lifeless. The rest of the album is pretty solid. Her second best song ever after "Alejandro" is the unforgettable "Paparazzi".
  27. May 27, 2011
    Lady GaGa desverves the success this album has give her. 4 Number one hits, 12,000,000 copies sold and 5 Grammy nominations speak for themselves in this, unusual, amazing, stunning abum.
  28. Aug 26, 2011
    Muito bem produzido, Lady Gaga conseguiu trazer a dance music de vez para o topo das paradas e influenciou outros artistas à seguirem pelo mesmo caminho. Ou seja: um álbum que decidiu os rumos da indústria musical.
    Melhores faixas: Paparazzi / Poker Face / Summerboy
  29. Sep 27, 2011
    the people that say lady gaga sucks are wrong...i mean how many hits does she have? like 20! that's a ton! So people need to stop saying that her music sucks and calling people names because they like lady gaga. i get made fun of everyday for liking her...but i don't care one bit because she inspires me and over 30 million more people out there.
  30. Nov 8, 2013
    Amazing.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Amazing...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ness Expand
  31. J.M.
    Mar 25, 2009
    One of the best albums in a good while. She cares about what she is doing. She designs her own clothes, writes her own songs, and works head on with the producers to make sure she gets the song that she has crafted.
  32. GW
    Apr 9, 2009
    I think Lady Gaga is amazing - not all songs on this album are winners, but the ones that have made it to the top, are there for good reason. What a delightful entertainer - she's got a style like none other and that's what's going to push her over-the-top. In my estimation, she's geniusly brilliant in all she does - with an innocence and coyishness that's fully I think Lady Gaga is amazing - not all songs on this album are winners, but the ones that have made it to the top, are there for good reason. What a delightful entertainer - she's got a style like none other and that's what's going to push her over-the-top. In my estimation, she's geniusly brilliant in all she does - with an innocence and coyishness that's fully deceiving. Her brilliance in the song "Just Dance" comes through with each 'voice' she finds to carry on a full conversation between 'voices' - each with their own unique attitude. I believe she is either a highly intelligent social commentator on (and engineer of) pop culture, or else a complete fool. That's what's so crafty about her. Either way, she's got the drive and the style that will send her to the Fame position she seems destined to have. I can't wait for the next album!! Expand
  33. JohnnyD.
    Dec 2, 2008
    she deserves a nine, great music and lyrics. Cool aesthetically, her limited vocal range is what makes me giver her a 9 instead of the 10 she'd deserve. She's new, fresh and different.
  34. JV.
    Jan 18, 2009
    This is awesome album!!! I like it rough rocks. She brings 70's/80's/90's in a mix to the mainstream.
  35. szapphiref
    Sep 11, 2009
    She' s got the voice, the artistry, the theatrics, the imagery, the fashion and most of all the chutzpah into the album that it feels like the album is alive and breathing. The greatest pop album in this generation. It's also clever. Hiding the depth of its commentary on women and society under the skin of pop music.
  36. ElB
    Oct 25, 2009
    All Hail the Next Queen of POP! Lady GAGA is the Real-Deal...she will ultimately crush all detractors in the wake of her upcoming tour-de-force. Love it 2 Death!!!
  37. nr
    Dec 9, 2008
    Excellent dance music and she actually sings who woulda thunk it.
  38. DanielQ
    Nov 23, 2009
    Lady GaGa's debut album is full of amazing dance beats that establish Lady GaGa at her place as the new Princess of Pop. Great album overall.
  39. Nov 21, 2010
    I love this album! Some of the album tracks: Paper Gangsta, Starstruck, Beautiful Dirty Rich and Brown Eyes are among my favourites from her. The epic Poker Face and the avant-garde Paparazzi make this album one of the best pop albums released in the last decade.
  40. Nov 26, 2011
    This album is MASTERPIECE!!! I Really love GaGa!!! "Just Dance" , "Poker Face" & "Paparazzi" are amaizing songs!!! 8) 8) 8)
  41. Jan 29, 2012
    A very well put together pop album. Whit this album she showed that she can writes great catchy pop songs. It's sexy, it's fun, it's smart it's everything a pop fan could ask for.
  42. Mar 23, 2012
    Overrtaed a shell, though this album have some good songs!
  43. Aug 14, 2010
    Lady Gaga rocks! She's such an inspiration source to all of us; be ur self. She writes her own songs, sing live exceptional and her songs are catchy. Don't know how anyone can dislike her.
  44. Mar 23, 2012
    A brilliant pop album. It's been over three years since I got this album and I still love it.
  45. Apr 2, 2012
    She is The Queen of POP Music. a Title she deserves. She has the most followers on Twitter, was the first on Facebook, Was the first to reach 1 billion, then 2 billion views on YouTube, with World records under her belt (or high heels) she is what pop music lacked. .
  46. Apr 7, 2012
    Love this album, Lady GaGa was amazing, the singles was amazing, Poker Face was epic, LOVE this album. So, Born This Way is my favorite. The Fame Monster so amazing too.
  47. Apr 26, 2012
    Gaga made a great first album. All of her singles were solid hits. I had the Fame Monster which was really good. Her songs are poppy, yet creative. She has a great voice to back it all up with.
  48. May 28, 2012
    One Of The Greatest Debut Albums Of All Time!
    Amazing Style Of Music!
  49. Jun 15, 2012
    Inspired by dancing rhythms of the disco, the album became a hit of 2008. The star became a star. Poker Face is most popular song EVER. Album of 2000's.
  50. Mar 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the most enjoyable albums I ever heard, sounds different and variable, "Brown Eyes" surprised me, a simple and touching song, I never expected that from Gaga, but she did it, "Poker Face", "Just Dance" and "LoveGame" are the most dancing musics ever, and tracks like "Paper Gangsta", "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" keep the album balanced and highlighting. Expand
  51. Sep 3, 2012
    Is there any thing that's not on this disc from heaven. Surpassing other artists suck as Britney Spears and Beyonce, GaGa has outdone The Beatles and Queen with uptempo grooves like Just Dance and Poker Face alongside the most touching song ever: Brown Eyes. Is there something she can't do?
  52. Mar 24, 2013
    Just A Amazing Debut! The Best Album Of 2008 Along With Katy Perry's One Of The Boys!
  53. Nov 27, 2011
    Just Dance 10/10 Great Opener!
    Lovegame 9/10 I Fell This Song Is Magic... But Its Just Lacking A Little Peter Pan...
    Paparazzi 10/10 Great Great! Poker Face 10/10 Magical! Eh Eh (Nothng Else I Can Say) 10/10 Honestly I Love This Track Critic's Said "What Happed?" And Slammed The Song... Beautiful, Dirty, Rich 10/10 It Sounds Like A Song From The 90's! The Fame 8/10 Its Good.. Its
    Just Dance 10/10 Great Opener!
    Paparazzi 10/10 Great Great!
    Poker Face 10/10 Magical!
    Beautiful, Dirty, Rich 10/10 It Sounds Like A Song From The 90's! The Fame 8/10 Its Good.. Its Just Not Eh Eh Good...
    Money Honey 10/10
    Starstruck 8/10 Its Still A Good Song...It Just Never Stuck Out To Me.. Although It Did To Others..
    Boys Boys Boys 10/10 Sounds Like A Song From The 90's!
    Paper Gangsta 10/10 One Of My Favorite Tracks Off The Album... Because This Song Is Not Her Type Of Music! Its Different...
    Brown Eyes 8/10 The Most "Slow Dance" Song On The Album
    I Like It Rough 8/10 I Think Its A Filler Summer Boy 7/10 Its Not Bad.. But Its NOT GAGA At All.... To Pop....... I Smell A Filler!
    Disco Heaven 10/10 The Magic Starts Again!
    Again Again 10/10 Great!
    Retro Dance Freak 10/10 Its Great, But It Sounds Like Gwen Stefani.. But Thats Not Bad!

OK The Worst Songs On The Album ARE:
    I Like It Rough & Summer Boys
  54. Jun 15, 2013
    An astounding album, especially for a debut. It really comes as no surprise that it took the world completely by storm. It certainly paved the road for a woman we can now proudly call the Queen of Pop.
  55. Oct 13, 2013
    amazing album, she managed to create an album electopop iconic, one of the best albums of recent years, the electronic sound mixed with pop and fashion made ​​a success of THE FAME
  56. Oct 17, 2013
    perfect material, perfect production, it´s an amazing pop album with a good vibe and influences, it´s fresh, funny, catchy, i could dance all night longe, lady gaga is an amazing singer and she´s so experimental, so smart with her songs, that´s why i like her music so so much good luck girl, you´re gonna so so far
  57. Nov 2, 2013
    Between Poker Face, Just Dance and Nothing Else I Can Say, you'll feel that this album has been in your head forever. That's not necessarily a bad thing :P
  58. Nov 5, 2013
    Un gran album debut, tiene canciones muy bailables que mezclan la fama con el amor, ademas tiene canciones que te recordaran tiempos memorables como los 80's!
  59. Nov 10, 2013
    Years later after release I'm still loving The Fame. It still gets me dancing! It's such a great album and it a definitely a classic. I would recommend buying this on iTunes.Every song is amazing. I guarantee this is a great album to have, that can compare to any album of today.
    My Personal favorites are: Love Game, Poker Face, Just Dance, and Starstruck.
  60. May 22, 2014
    The Fame is undoubtedly one of the most impactful and iconic debut albums in modern pop music. It catapulted Lady Gaga into stardom and our hearts. Here she shows off her songwriting abilities and vocal versatility, effortlessly singing through smash hits "Poker Face, "Just Dance" and "Paparazzi". The Fame also helped bring electronic music back into the mainstream through the help of itsThe Fame is undoubtedly one of the most impactful and iconic debut albums in modern pop music. It catapulted Lady Gaga into stardom and our hearts. Here she shows off her songwriting abilities and vocal versatility, effortlessly singing through smash hits "Poker Face, "Just Dance" and "Paparazzi". The Fame also helped bring electronic music back into the mainstream through the help of its singles, and also ventures into experimental territories on "Paper Gangster" and more retro sounds on "Summerboy" and "Disco Heaven". Filler tracks are virtually nonexistent, and we start to see some of the musical threads continued on its sequel, The Fame Monster. Although it may not be Gaga's best work, it still stands alone as a monolith of pop culture, one of the defining albums of 2008. Expand
  61. Jan 12, 2014
    Ahh,good old Lady Gaga, it all started here,good old The Fame days, the days then Lady Gaga was new,fresh "it girl", The Fame is not bad, I would say even a good album with a many hits and few slower songs in the back, Poker Face shows this album potential it has, amazing work Lady Gaga! My first physical CD and digital album I bought and I'm very happy with that,I was satisfied!
  62. Jan 31, 2014
    Overall great debut album, she was my 2009, highlights are just dance, poker face, paparazzi, lovegame, I like it rough, money honey, boys boys boys and brown eyes
  63. Jun 20, 2014
    E ela veio pra salvar a música pop com esse album,trazer de volta a graça que se tinha perdido.
    Não é a toa que já vendeu mais de 20 milhões de cópias.
  64. Jun 25, 2014
    Some songs of this album were written years ago, at the time Lady Gaga still dreamed to be a popstar, for example "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich". This prove that she's been working on music since the beginning. With 8 years old Gaga has already knew how to play piano and dance. Her first album 'The Fame" crossed many taboo and became one of the most important album in pop music!
  65. Sep 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. a truly perfect album starts with a catchy song Just Dance is for sure these songs are a masterpiece, and one of the best CDs of the decade, Lady Gaga and her team are to be congratulated. Expand
  66. May 19, 2015
    Lady Gaga's debut features some of the catchiest pop songs I've heard like, ever. This really is a great album and almost every song here is worth a listen. Just Dance kicks off the album on a high note and is easily top five. It's followed by LoveGame, which might even be catchier and Paparazzi - the best of the best here. Poker Face is a tremendous amount of fun and Eh, Eh (Nothing ElseLady Gaga's debut features some of the catchiest pop songs I've heard like, ever. This really is a great album and almost every song here is worth a listen. Just Dance kicks off the album on a high note and is easily top five. It's followed by LoveGame, which might even be catchier and Paparazzi - the best of the best here. Poker Face is a tremendous amount of fun and Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) is the bubblegumiest thing Gaga has done. The title track is an underrated and glorious pop triumph. Paper Gangsta and Starstruck find Lady Gaga going hip-hop and I must say, they both really exceeded my expectations. I've seriously had Starstruck's chorus stuck in my head for days now. Boys Boys Boys is also just great, featuring an irresistible chorus and the iconic "I'm not loose I like to party / let's get lost in your ferrari/Love it when you call me legs/In the morning buy me eggs/Watch your heart when we're together/Boys like you love me forever'. Summerboy is (debatabely) Lady Gaga's best closer. Again Again is basically the original Speechless, a terrific and powerful ballad. It succeeds where Brown Eyes doesn't. All of those songs are great and take up most of the album, but it's time to get to the 'good' and the 'okay'. Money Honey is catchy as hell, but little more than a Just Dance 2.0 with an oddly similar beat and arrangement. I Like It Rough doesn't stand out among the crowd and ends up super forgettable (something rare for Gaga) , and Brown Eyes is pleasant, but really kills the momentum. Aside from those two (or three I guess, even though Money Honey is sill decent) the album is one tremendously fun ride that doesn't disappoint. Expand
  67. Sep 25, 2014
    Definitely the game changer album of POP. Pop will never be low brow. Lady Gaga have changed the game of POP entirely, the singles are really fantastic and bops. From Just Dance to Paparazzi, I enjoyed all of them. The album will never get old. It deserved #1.
  68. Sep 23, 2014
    Lady Gaga's debut album The Fame is just as easy to hear as any up-and-coming pop album, but is enriched with a catchy sound that carries Gaga's voice all the way through. Not the best album out there, but an excellent breakthrough debut that easily paves her road for future success. Gaga is clearly able to combine mainstream pop sound with phonetic brilliance that is usually absent fromLady Gaga's debut album The Fame is just as easy to hear as any up-and-coming pop album, but is enriched with a catchy sound that carries Gaga's voice all the way through. Not the best album out there, but an excellent breakthrough debut that easily paves her road for future success. Gaga is clearly able to combine mainstream pop sound with phonetic brilliance that is usually absent from most albums. Expand
  69. Sep 24, 2014
    The Fame is an amazing album to say the least. She, at first, lacks credibility as an artist, but she convinced me with Just Dance, Poker Face and Paparazzi.
  70. Sep 24, 2014
    This album show the world a girl who came to music to change the pop music, and the get the change in this album, this album is a complete revolution of pop music
  71. GlM
    Sep 24, 2014
    One of the greatest debut albums by an artist. The album delves into the idea of 'The Fame' to give us a narrative, filled with standout Dance-Pop anthems, touches of Disco, and R&B infused beats. The Dance fueled tracks of the album give an insight as to who Lady Gaga is, and who she is to become with a very long career ahead of her. She isn't stopping any time soon.
  72. Oct 4, 2014
    Lady Gaga turned pretentious pretty damn fast. Even music videos like "Paparazzi" smacked of try-hard quite early on in her career. But the music on The Fame has no delusions of grandeur, a quality I don't expect to see from Lady Gaga in any of her work in the immediate future. Here she is fixed on bringing straightforward, catchy hits to the table, and for the most part she delivers. Fo
  73. Jan 6, 2015
    Álbum dos Hits Just Dance, Love Game, Paparazzi e Poker Face. Mas amo The Fame e Retro, Dance, Freak são perfeitas, a Sonoridade de I Like It Rough, é muito boa. esse é um ótimo Álbum de estreia.
  74. Jan 21, 2015
    A massive breakout, a massive debut. One of the biggest releases in pop to ever exist, proves that Lady Gaga has only just begun. The music is purely perfect.
  75. Feb 2, 2015
    This album is the ultimate pop masterpiece, it was the first album that I bought from my money in 2009 because it was too good for its time when it was released, she basically saved pop music. I still cannot stop playing it so much I'm still in love after years this album is amazing and timeless.
  76. May 10, 2015
    Best debut of the 2000s decade! She just popped out of nowhere with Just Dance and Poker Face. This record tells me that Gaga was set to be the next Queen of Pop. On this album, I never seen anyone like Gaga pull this kind of thing off! Highlights of the album are "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "LoveGame", "Paparazzi", "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich", "The Fame", and "Papa Gansta". Overall, it isBest debut of the 2000s decade! She just popped out of nowhere with Just Dance and Poker Face. This record tells me that Gaga was set to be the next Queen of Pop. On this album, I never seen anyone like Gaga pull this kind of thing off! Highlights of the album are "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "LoveGame", "Paparazzi", "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich", "The Fame", and "Papa Gansta". Overall, it is one of the greatest albums of all time agreed. Expand
  77. Apr 5, 2015
    Pior álbum da carreira, mas é muito bom na verdade Gaga não tem álbum ruim, ms o The fame é muito amador mas foi um grande marco e a entrada de Lady Gaga na musica por isso merece meu respeito.
  78. May 4, 2015
    JT's best album so far hands down and better than part 1 without any doubts .
    Give me what i dont know Murder True Blood Amnesia are the kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

1. Fueled by heavy dance tracks and popping electronic beats, The Fame, the first album by the glamorous Lady Gaga, is a well-crafted sampling of feisty anti-pop in high quality.
  2. The full-length The Fame proves she's more than one hit and a bag of stage tricks.
  3. Listen a little closer to the sly, snarky lyrics and glam grooves on this feisty debut and you'll hear that this former downtown New York spice girl has at least a few things on her dirty mind.