The Fame - Lady Gaga
7.8

Review this album

1. Oct 4, 2014
    Lady Gaga turned pretentious pretty damn fast. Even music videos like "Paparazzi" smacked of try-hard quite early on in her career. But the music on The Fame has no delusions of grandeur, a quality I don't expect to see from Lady Gaga in any of her work in the immediate future. Here she is fixed on bringing straightforward, catchy hits to the table, and for the most part she delivers. Fo
  2. Sep 25, 2014
    Definitely the game changer album of POP. Pop will never be low brow. Lady Gaga have changed the game of POP entirely, the singles are really fantastic and bops. From Just Dance to Paparazzi, I enjoyed all of them. The album will never get old. It deserved #1.
  3. GlM
    Sep 24, 2014
    One of the greatest debut albums by an artist. The album delves into the idea of 'The Fame' to give us a narrative, filled with standout Dance-Pop anthems, touches of Disco, and R&B infused beats. The Dance fueled tracks of the album give an insight as to who Lady Gaga is, and who she is to become with a very long career ahead of her. She isn't stopping any time soon.
  4. Sep 24, 2014
    This album show the world a girl who came to music to change the pop music, and the get the change in this album, this album is a complete revolution of pop music
  5. Sep 24, 2014
    The Fame is an amazing album to say the least. She, at first, lacks credibility as an artist, but she convinced me with Just Dance, Poker Face and Paparazzi.
  6. Sep 23, 2014
    Lady Gaga's debut album The Fame is just as easy to hear as any up-and-coming pop album, but is enriched with a catchy sound that carries Gaga's voice all the way through. Not the best album out there, but an excellent breakthrough debut that easily paves her road for future success. Gaga is clearly able to combine mainstream pop sound with phonetic brilliance that is usually absent from most albums. Expand
  7. Sep 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. a truly perfect album starts with a catchy song Just Dance is for sure these songs are a masterpiece, and one of the best CDs of the decade, Lady Gaga and her team are to be congratulated. Expand
  8. Jun 25, 2014
    Some songs of this album were written years ago, at the time Lady Gaga still dreamed to be a popstar, for example "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich". This prove that she's been working on music since the beginning. With 8 years old Gaga has already knew how to play piano and dance. Her first album 'The Fame" crossed many taboo and became one of the most important album in pop music!
  9. Jun 20, 2014
    E ela veio pra salvar a música pop com esse album,trazer de volta a graça que se tinha perdido.
    Não é a toa que já vendeu mais de 20 milhões de cópias.
  10. May 22, 2014
    The Fame is undoubtedly one of the most impactful and iconic debut albums in modern pop music. It catapulted Lady Gaga into stardom and our hearts. Here she shows off her songwriting abilities and vocal versatility, effortlessly singing through smash hits "Poker Face, "Just Dance" and "Paparazzi". The Fame also helped bring electronic music back into the mainstream through the help of its singles, and also ventures into experimental territories on "Paper Gangster" and more retro sounds on "Summerboy" and "Disco Heaven". Filler tracks are virtually nonexistent, and we start to see some of the musical threads continued on its sequel, The Fame Monster. Although it may not be Gaga's best work, it still stands alone as a monolith of pop culture, one of the defining albums of 2008. Expand
  11. Jan 31, 2014
    Overall great debut album, she was my 2009, highlights are just dance, poker face, paparazzi, lovegame, I like it rough, money honey, boys boys boys and brown eyes
  12. Jan 12, 2014
    Ahh,good old Lady Gaga, it all started here,good old The Fame days, the days then Lady Gaga was new,fresh "it girl", The Fame is not bad, I would say even a good album with a many hits and few slower songs in the back, Poker Face shows this album potential it has, amazing work Lady Gaga! My first physical CD and digital album I bought and I'm very happy with that,I was satisfied!
  13. Nov 10, 2013
    Years later after release I'm still loving The Fame. It still gets me dancing! It's such a great album and it a definitely a classic. I would recommend buying this on iTunes.Every song is amazing. I guarantee this is a great album to have, that can compare to any album of today.
    My Personal favorites are: Love Game, Poker Face, Just Dance, and Starstruck.
  14. Nov 8, 2013
    Amazing...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ness Expand
  15. Nov 5, 2013
    Un gran album debut, tiene canciones muy bailables que mezclan la fama con el amor, ademas tiene canciones que te recordaran tiempos memorables como los 80's!
  16. Nov 2, 2013
    Between Poker Face, Just Dance and Nothing Else I Can Say, you'll feel that this album has been in your head forever. That's not necessarily a bad thing :P
  17. Oct 17, 2013
    perfect material, perfect production, it´s an amazing pop album with a good vibe and influences, it´s fresh, funny, catchy, i could dance all night longe, lady gaga is an amazing singer and she´s so experimental, so smart with her songs, that´s why i like her music so so much good luck girl, you´re gonna so so far
  18. Oct 13, 2013
    amazing album, she managed to create an album electopop iconic, one of the best albums of recent years, the electronic sound mixed with pop and fashion made ​​a success of THE FAME
  19. Jun 15, 2013
    An astounding album, especially for a debut. It really comes as no surprise that it took the world completely by storm. It certainly paved the road for a woman we can now proudly call the Queen of Pop.
  20. Mar 24, 2013
    Just A Amazing Debut! The Best Album Of 2008 Along With Katy Perry's One Of The Boys!
  21. Mar 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the most enjoyable albums I ever heard, sounds different and variable, "Brown Eyes" surprised me, a simple and touching song, I never expected that from Gaga, but she did it, "Poker Face", "Just Dance" and "LoveGame" are the most dancing musics ever, and tracks like "Paper Gangsta", "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" keep the album balanced and highlighting. Expand
  22. Sep 3, 2012
    Is there any thing that's not on this disc from heaven. Surpassing other artists suck as Britney Spears and Beyonce, GaGa has outdone The Beatles and Queen with uptempo grooves like Just Dance and Poker Face alongside the most touching song ever: Brown Eyes. Is there something she can't do?
  23. Jun 15, 2012
    Inspired by dancing rhythms of the disco, the album became a hit of 2008. The star became a star. Poker Face is most popular song EVER. Album of 2000's.
  24. May 28, 2012
    One Of The Greatest Debut Albums Of All Time!
    Amazing Style Of Music!
  25. Apr 26, 2012
    Gaga made a great first album. All of her singles were solid hits. I had the Fame Monster which was really good. Her songs are poppy, yet creative. She has a great voice to back it all up with.
  26. Apr 7, 2012
    Love this album, Lady GaGa was amazing, the singles was amazing, Poker Face was epic, LOVE this album. So, Born This Way is my favorite. The Fame Monster so amazing too.
  27. Apr 2, 2012
    She is The Queen of POP Music. a Title she deserves. She has the most followers on Twitter, was the first on Facebook, Was the first to reach 1 billion, then 2 billion views on YouTube, with World records under her belt (or high heels) she is what pop music lacked. .
  28. Mar 23, 2012
    A brilliant pop album. It's been over three years since I got this album and I still love it.
  29. Mar 23, 2012
    Overrtaed a shell, though this album have some good songs!
  30. Jan 29, 2012
    A very well put together pop album. Whit this album she showed that she can writes great catchy pop songs. It's sexy, it's fun, it's smart it's everything a pop fan could ask for.
  31. Nov 27, 2011
    Just Dance 10/10 Great Opener! Lovegame 9/10 I Fell This Song Is Magic... But Its Just Lacking A Little Peter Pan... Paparazzi 10/10 Great Great! Poker Face 10/10 Magical! Eh Eh (Nothng Else I Can Say) 10/10 Honestly I Love This Track Critic's Said "What Happed?" And Slammed The Song... Beautiful, Dirty, Rich 10/10 It Sounds Like A Song From The 90's! The Fame 8/10 Its Good.. Its Just Not Eh Eh Good...
    Money Honey 10/10
    Starstruck 8/10 Its Still A Good Song...It Just Never Stuck Out To Me.. Although It Did To Others..
    Boys Boys Boys 10/10 Sounds Like A Song From The 90's!
    Paper Gangsta 10/10 One Of My Favorite Tracks Off The Album... Because This Song Is Not Her Type Of Music! Its Different...
    Brown Eyes 8/10 The Most "Slow Dance" Song On The Album
    I Like It Rough 8/10 I Think Its A Filler Summer Boy 7/10 Its Not Bad.. But Its NOT GAGA At All.... To Pop....... I Smell A Filler!
    Disco Heaven 10/10 The Magic Starts Again!
    Again Again 10/10 Great!
    Retro Dance Freak 10/10 Its Great, But It Sounds Like Gwen Stefani.. But Thats Not Bad!

OK The Worst Songs On The Album ARE:
    I Like It Rough & Summer Boys
  32. Nov 26, 2011
    This album is MASTERPIECE!!! I Really love GaGa!!! "Just Dance" , "Poker Face" & "Paparazzi" are amaizing songs!!! 8) 8) 8)
  33. Sep 27, 2011
    the people that say lady gaga sucks are wrong...i mean how many hits does she have? like 20! that's a ton! So people need to stop saying that her music sucks and calling people names because they like lady gaga. i get made fun of everyday for liking her...but i don't care one bit because she inspires me and over 30 million more people out there.
  34. Aug 26, 2011
    Muito bem produzido, Lady Gaga conseguiu trazer a dance music de vez para o topo das paradas e influenciou outros artistas à seguirem pelo mesmo caminho. Ou seja: um álbum que decidiu os rumos da indústria musical.
    Melhores faixas: Paparazzi / Poker Face / Summerboy
  35. Jun 7, 2011
    "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" is catchy but poorly written. "Disco Heaven" is boring and lifeless. The rest of the album is pretty solid. Her second best song ever after "Alejandro" is the unforgettable "Paparazzi".
  36. May 27, 2011
    Lady GaGa desverves the success this album has give her. 4 Number one hits, 12,000,000 copies sold and 5 Grammy nominations speak for themselves in this, unusual, amazing, stunning abum.
  37. Apr 3, 2011
    I think this is one of the great pop albums of all time. It eschewed its day's pop standards and made it to the top of the charts off its own merits. Every song on here is gold. Don't miss "Paper Gangster" or "Brown Eyes."
  38. Feb 21, 2011
    What an album. Lady GaGa has brought pop music back to life. With now over 12million copies shipped worldwide she must be doing somthing right. This album has pretty much everything. Upbeat, sexy, witty and most of all memorable. The album could pretty much be played in a club as a stand alone. It's difficult to put into words how good this album actually is. The only negative i have is in parts the lyrics. Lady GaGa prides herself on being a songwriter, and rightfully so - for example Paparazzi. But i do feel she has slightly overshot herself, as alot of the lyrics repeat, if not in wording, definalty in meaning. I get the impression the main thing on her mind was Boys when she was writting. But still - thats the only negative i can come up with. This album will live forever. Expand
  39. Feb 20, 2011
    Her music is electronic gold. She has serious talent & knows how to make the nightclub come alive. Of course, that doesn't mean she isn't completely bonkers. Seriously, a meat dress?
  40. Feb 4, 2011
    The 70s and 80s inspired artist Lady Gaga started her career fantastically with her debut album "The Fame". With catchy dance beats, wonderfully written lyrics and amazing vocals, the album is not to disappoint, that is if you are an 80s fan, of course. The Fame is generally about the bright side of the fame. Money, love, paparazzi, dance, beauty, wealth and relationships is what's mentioned in the album. Every track has a story behind it, unlike many other pop artists these days. Lady Gaga is not just pop, she is also Pop Rock and Rock n' Roll. The Fame is worth buying. Expand
  41. Jan 2, 2011
    The fantastic Lady GaGa's debut album is nothing short of incredible. It's chock full of hits and it consistently entertains. Shockingly, almost nothing on the album is a complete throwaway, with the only exception being Disco Heaven. It's the album that single-handedly brought electro-pop to America: It's gotta be amazing.
  42. Dec 8, 2010
    I like this album better than "The Fame Monster". I was disappointed in that album. This one was great. Here's a track-by-track review on the album (Note: This review is based on y opinion is based on my tastes so don't hate!)

Just Dance - i remember listening to this song when she first came out. It was kinda overplayed. 8.5/10

LoveGame - Inappropriate, but when I first listened to this
    song, i became obsessed with her. I've chilled out a little, since there are other good artists out there, mostly previous generation ones, but oh well. 8/10

Paparazzi - I love this song, one of my favorites, but it's not my absolute favorite. She either was Auto-Tuned, or she has a high vocal range, since she hit the E5 note. which hardly ANYONE can hit. Christina Aguilera can! she can hit an E6 or even higher! 9/10

Poker Face - Overrated and over played but it's her most popular song by far! Nothing much to say about it. 8.5/10

Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) - This song is very girly and makes me happy inside! I love the lyrics. she needs to sing this song live again! 9/10

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich - Good, not great, but should make it to her greatest hits. 7/10

The Fame - Not the best, good title track, but it's just..... Not single worthy. i like it though. 6/10

Money Honey - about the same as The Fame, in a way, they're pretty much the same song, one one talks about being famous, and the other one talks about being rich. It would sound better if the song were pitch higher about one key. 6/10

Starstruck - Oh yeah! I love this song! She needs to sing it live again! It's a great dance song, and has a good rap verse. she even uses Auto-Tune! OMG! 9/10

Boys, Boys, Boys - About as good as Beautiful, Dirty, Rich. Not the best, but it was single worthy. 7/10

Paper Gangsta - This is pretty much THE piano song! I hear she wrote it when she was a coke user! She puts piano, electronic beats, a heavy bass, and rapping in the verses and She has a song! She needs to perform this song live again. she uses Auto-Tune also! 9/10

Brown Eyes - A kinda boring song, i mean I like it better than Speechless, but ballads are her low/weak point on the her albums. i can't believe she removed this song from The Monster Ball and replaced it with You and I which is even worse than this song! better than Speechless and you and I. 5/10

I Like It Rough - she shoulda released this song as a single! it's awesome! and I've never heard her perform the song live ONCE! I want it to be on her Tour! 9/10

Summerboy - Hands down best song on the album in my opinion! I love this song i listen to it several times every day! It's a great closing song. It's a hidden treasure! she only performed it at Lollapalooza 2007! If she performs this song on her Born This Way Tour, she should close the concert with this song! Great album and concert ender! 10/10

I loved this album so much. The Fame Monster let me down, I still have hope for Born This Way! I will get it the day it comes out! But if it lets me down, then I will not be afraid to say The Fame is her best work!
  43. Dec 8, 2010
    Lady Gaga's debut has to be one of the greatest! The woman's vocals are what sets this album apart from the rest of the trash. If anyone could do pop it is Gaga, she is changing it as we speak, everyone feels like they have to compete with her. "Poker Face" and "Just Dance" were number one hits, while "LoveGame" and "Paparazzi" were amazing songs. Gaga is not trying to be a generic pop star and she is showing that with the range she showcases on this album. The talent is unmeasureable. Great debut album! Expand
  44. Dec 6, 2010
    The Fame is like, you don't know what it's music but, then you hear it and you realize of what is music. The Fame is just amazing, should be the album of the year.
  45. Nov 27, 2010
    The Fame is my 2009's favorite album. No songs are boring. It makes u feel u are famous. It is catchy and danceable pop album. It also touches a glimpse of Rock 'n' Roll. It made me shift from Rock to Pop. So far, the best pop album since 2003 releases.
  46. Nov 25, 2010
    She's pretty good. There are several misses on the album but overall, a solid debut. I think she released the best songs as singles, but I also think Starstruck and I Like it Rough are standouts.
  47. Nov 21, 2010
    I love this album! Some of the album tracks: Paper Gangsta, Starstruck, Beautiful Dirty Rich and Brown Eyes are among my favourites from her. The epic Poker Face and the avant-garde Paparazzi make this album one of the best pop albums released in the last decade.
  48. Nov 6, 2010
    This could be the debut of all time. Gaga's sound is amazing .The top tracks are "Just Dance", "I Like It Rough", and "paper gangster". Though the song "Starstruck" gets to be repetitive, even with Flo Rida, and Space Cowboy. this is a great start for any career.
  49. Aug 14, 2010
    Lady Gaga rocks! She's such an inspiration source to all of us; be ur self. She writes her own songs, sing live exceptional and her songs are catchy. Don't know how anyone can dislike her.

1. Fueled by heavy dance tracks and popping electronic beats, The Fame, the first album by the glamorous Lady Gaga, is a well-crafted sampling of feisty anti-pop in high quality.
  2. The full-length The Fame proves she's more than one hit and a bag of stage tricks.
  3. Listen a little closer to the sly, snarky lyrics and glam grooves on this feisty debut and you'll hear that this former downtown New York spice girl has at least a few things on her dirty mind.