The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden
8.4

Review this album

1. Aug 22, 2010
    Brilliant comes to mind.
    Listen to it a few times in its entirety, its honestly too big to digest in one listen, you may ask yourself along the way if they can do this or that the way they did and then you will come back to it again latter and say yes, yes they can and then you smile as it just keeps getting better and better.
  2. Sep 12, 2010
    This album is absolutely amazing. I've been a Maiden fan for years and I have never been more excited about hearing an album of theirs ever, and the way it starts is awesome, as soon as you hear it you know that this is going to be an epic album and it doesn't disappoint. I advise everyone to listen to this album start to finish many times so that they can fully appreciate what a truly awesome album it is. Also the cover art is awesome. Cant wait to see them live next year because the only thing better than Maiden on cd is Maiden Live Expand
  3. Aug 18, 2010
    Don't listen to the critics, especially Rolling Stone, who lost touch with music years ago. this album is absolutely excellent in every way. Maiden has once again proven that they are the kings of the metal genre. Space, Death, Arthurian Legend, love, hate and nuclear devastation all brought under one umbrella, this album proves that Iron Maiden is still relevant to the metal world.

Standout Tracks: Mother of Mercy, Isle of Avalon, The Talisman, When the Wild Wind Blows.
  4. Aug 18, 2010
    EXCELLENT !!!

Iron Maiden has done it again,it is a powerful and a melodic album,full of good guitar riffs.Bruce and Nicko are the stars of the album.
    Don't listen to critics,it is a great album.
  5. Aug 18, 2010
    A Review in a few sentences:

Iron Maiden has another winner on their hands. Iron Maiden has proven time and time again why they are one of the best heavy metal bands ever. Every track on "The Final Frontier" is worth listening to. Buy it.

P.S. Rolling Stone sold its soul years ago.
  6. Aug 18, 2010
    Unbelievable, their 15th album, all the members around 50 and they're still bringing out stuff like this.

Oddly enough it doesn't sound anything like their other albums, it's closest tie could be their last album, A Matter of Life and Death but however, I didn't rate that album very heavily, for all it's new trodden ground for the band it was a bit of a drudgey dirge. This how refines
    everything that was good about that album and we have this.

The songs are all exceptionally adventurous and good for them, the more exited they are about the band the longer they'll keep going and that's all that matters for me! They could release countless clones of their 80's skull crackers but if they didn't feel it and were just doing it to make the money and please the fans then it'd show. Up the Irons!
  7. Aug 18, 2010
    Well done guys. This album is absolutely brilliant. Delicate, powerful, dark and beautiful. Like any album worth listening too its got a tiny "slow burner" element to it, meaning it took me 2 or 3 listens before I fell for it head over heels. Personally, I think it is better than anything they have release since Seventh Son... and that is saying something.
  8. Aug 19, 2010
    mind blowing!! right from Satellite 15 to When the wild wind blows, its typical Maiden!! Maiden continue to rock and hopefully its not their last album!! UP THE IRONS!!
  9. Dec 10, 2010
    Like 'A Matter of Life and Death' this album is a bit of a grower for sure, but sticking to their classic vibe while striving to push their creative boundries makes 'The Final Frontier' one of Iron Maiden's most solid albums to date.
  10. Aug 20, 2010
    Amazing album, easily a top 4 album. It takes 2 or 3 listens to really get it just like A Matter of Life And Death. But once you give it a chance you will love this album. Maiden keeps proving they are on topic the metal world. Songs like Mother of Mercy, Isle of Avalon and When The Wild Wind Blows will give you chills all through your body..
  11. Sep 1, 2010
    This album is simply brilliant. It is one of those albums for which you have to listen to both the lyrics and the music to understand what is going on, as they both team together to tell you some great stories. It will be tough on the first listen because of the complexity, but after a couple more it grows greatly. Every song takes you to a different place, and one of the many reasons Iron Maiden is my second favorite band (after Metallica) is that Iron Maiden's songs give you a trip to another reality without the need of any psychedelic poison (a.k.a. drugs), and this album is their absolute best at doing exactly that. Especially the closing song: "When the wild wind blows", is simply out of this world. That song is the best composition they have made since the reunion, and a sure top 10 in their all time list. Expand
  12. Nov 5, 2011
    Excellent piece of metal work!!! Where is Judas Priest in this time? long Life Iron Maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    Cracking album, we thought Iron Maiden was slipping downhill after A Matter of Life and Death but The Final Frontier has shown us all that Maiden are very much still alive.
  14. Mar 25, 2012
    Can't stop listening to this album! Its something a little different from most maiden albums, but still great, i especially like "when the wild wind blows" and "mother of mercy".
  15. May 7, 2012
    Iron Maiden's The Final Frontier is once again a triumph, as the band proves that it can still play perfectly fine. It does take a few listenings to, but it seems now that this is one of their better albums. The only song I don't like as much is Mother of Mercy. Otherwise, every song is pretty strong. The Final Frontier (The second half of it at least) along with When the Wild Wind ?Blows stand out to me as the best songs. Just fantastic. Expand
  16. Aug 29, 2013
    I may be a bit biased here but this could be one of the greatest albums ever made.
    I'll do a track by track review,
    Satellite 15 is my only complaint here, it just doesn't feel like it belongs on an album, but it makes a great song to play over the P.A. during a concert 7/10
    The Final Frontier is the first song I heard from the album and it doesn't dissapoint, its a great rocker with
    some great solo's. 9/10
    El Dorado is another great song. The galloping is very reminiscent of the Powerslave days. Janick' solo is one of the strongest he's ever done. 10/10
    Mother of Mercy is a cool song with some epic parts to it, such as the chorus. I'd like to think of it as a mini Pashcendale 10/10
    Coming Home is a very very powerful ballad, with some lyrics that really make you think. The pre-chorus is so beautiful and both solo's are just stellar. 10/10
    The Alchemist is a very quick paced song with great imagery, the guitar work is very up to par. This song reminds me ofthe seventh son days. 10/10
    Isle of Avalon has a very haunting intro with some complex guitar work. The song picks up at about 3 minutes in and it doesn't disappoint. Adrian has one damn fine solo. 10/10
    Starblind is a very proggy song. It features very complex guitar riffs and lyrics that are hard to interpret but it makes for an enjoyable listen 10/10
    The Talisman is one of my favorites. A nice acoustic bit to start things off, then when the guitar kicks in no matter what you'll start headbanging. The song continues to send chills down my spine to this day! I just can't get enough it! 10/10
    The Man Who Would Be King is another amazing song. Great lyrics amazing riffs and a Dave Murray solo that you won't forget. 10/10
    When the Wild Wind Blows is my personal favorite song here. The first time I heard this song a tear ran down my cheek. This is the greatest song I've ever heard. The whole song has such a beautiful but sad atmosphere to it. I'm just going too say this WtWWB Stairway to Heaven So When the Wild Wind Blows 11/10

The Final Frontier is truly The Best Album EVER!!!!!

1. Maiden have long had a knack for the lung-busting chorus, but what impresses here are the complicated arrangements.
  2. Only Iron Maiden know if this is their last hurrah. But if it is, they're going out the same way they came in: fearless, adventurous, and with a record that'll still bowl you over in a decade's time. [7 Aug 2010, p.50]
  3. While sometimes The Final Frontier seems to mine the Maiden groove until the canary chirps its last, the better songs are an indication that they aren't yet trading solely on their reputation.